1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if i want to change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Aug 31, 2007.

1. greg

Hey angel why be depressed about the labels that have been put on you, they are just labels its part of the wonderful, mysterious quirky you, i dont see or read those labels in you, i ve read a lot of your posts all i see is a beautiful, intelligent and sensitive person just waiting to burst into bloom like a flower. dont worry bout the labels we have all been labelled wear the labels with pride. Please dont hurt yourself any more, let yourself be you soak up the sun feel its warmth on your face. greg

2. xxAngelOnFirexx

seriously though whats the point of me if you all like her better?! you don't update your phone and continue to use the outdated version. i'm being replaced and i'm no longer wanted at the only place i call home. this hurts more than slitting my wrists.

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

so i like talked to my mom about how i was feeling and it turned into me telling her my deeper feelings and i was crying and everything. it feel good to tell someone finally (that i know in real life). i told her how much the hospital had made me even worse. she says that she didn't want me to go in the first place and isn't thinking about sending me again unless i think i'm going to kill myself which i made it clear that i think its pointless as much as i want to die. she said that she had the same feelings as a teenager as i do. i asked her when she started cutting and she said 13. from when i remember she didn't stop until she was well into her twenties. so i know its hard and stuff. she just said no stitches cause that really dangerous. i told her i still want to keep cutting but i go in cycles. cut, then want to stop, then stop for a while, get bad urges, fight them, decide i want to cut again (where i am right now) and continue to cut. i haven't as of now but just thinking about being able to cut again makes me so happy. i don't think i'll do anything tonight because i feel relieved just from talking. i'm not going to tell you when i cut like last time or even if i cut. its pain-free cutting. what you don't know won't hurt you. ok don't get all wound up thinking i'm going to cut and stuff. i may not. so yeah. i'm good. life still sux and i'm going to start cutting but at least everything is okay now.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Telling your mom was a good idea. When someone you know personally knows about one of your burdens, it cuts the burden in half. And if you decide to tell another person, you'll cut it in half again.

5. Jim1454

I'm glad you have someone to confide in too!

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm so pleased you have been able to talk to your mum about this. What's great is that she understands what you are going through from her own experiences.

(*hug*)

7. xxAngelOnFirexx

thanks everyone. even though i'm not using a utensil to harm myself i still have this bad habit of picking the skin of my head and sides of my thumb. i've done it for a while a but lately its gotten out of hand. my head is covered in open wounds and the sides of my thumbs are bloody. but still its not really intension. i'm doing my best and its taking a toll on me but i still haven't given up trying yet.

8. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    stay strong!

9. xxAngelOnFirexx

you all hate me. i want to cut away my pain. i'm going to. want pictures?

10. Jim1454

Angel... I wish I knew what to tell you to make you feel better. I don't know you well enough to do that.

All I can say is that I've come a LONG way in the past year with my problems, and my therapist deserves A LOT of the credit. (As does my wife.) But fundamentally nothing would have worked for me unless I wanted to get better. I had to be completely honest and open with my therapist - I didn't hold anything back. I told him everything that I had done, everything that I was feeling, everything that I thought about doing. Just saying all these things out loud helped. But sharing them with someone that can stand back and take an objective view of the situation was extremely valuable for me.

I wish you could find someone like that. And stick with it! In time, things will get better. You're very young, and whether you believe it now or not, you have lots of stuff to look forward to. Honest!

It sounds to me that you need to find yourself some help beyond this 'virtual' support group here. None of us are really qualified to give you advice - only encouragement. I hope you sense that from me! Because it's there! Keep trying! You're worth it!

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

i may be more sane but i'm not any less misrable. i'm not happy i didn't kill myself yesterday. still suffering here. and now i got some cuts to deal with. here i go again with the lies and hiding it...

12. Jim1454

don't hide them, Angel! Talk about them with someone. Talk about why you feel the way you do. Talk about getting back into counselling. Talk about what you need to start feeling better about yourself and your situation. Hiding it leaves it with you - to deal with on your own. That isn't working right now for you - you need help. And you're entitled to help! You're worth it!!! (&&&)

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Jim. Don't hide them and don't lie. Talk to your mum again. (*hug*)

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

my moms bests friends house got broken into (probably by her ex-husband who threatened to do so barely a week ago) , my sisters guinea pig just died, my barely ex girlfriend's house was in a shoot out and three people got shot and i don't know who or if they are ok. the only reason i broke up was because i hadn't heard from her in a week and you can't have a relationship if i hadn't been in contact with her but i still have feelings for her. OMG, WTF what is going on?!

15. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Angel! I know life is horrible for you right now but don't focus on all the crap that goes on. It's sad to hear about the guinea pig and the robbery but it's life, just try and not think about it. As for the shoot out, it's devastating but you have to hope that everythings fine, and if it isnt' then at least you have your mum and everyone on this board to talk to and help you through it.

I've tried to kill myself in the past and I know how inescapable it feels, and you will have days when you feel awful and want to do it again, but you need to try and stop those thoughts. Keep busy, go jogging, go to the gym, if you like to feel pain then punch a punching bag. Talk to people, if you're girlfriends fine, find her, tell her how you feel, you need someone there to keep you occupied. You do want to get better, you have that strength in you to beat this, don't give up, no matter how hard it is (*hug*)

16. xxAngelOnFirexx

i don't know what really spawned it but i went on two little cutting 'sprees' one worse than the other. i just kinda took a striaght razor and made a ton of little cuts all over my body. i guess its easier to pass off as accidental, easier to hide, quicker to heal, almost no guilt cause its not as big (still can get a little deep). but i'm really not guilty at all even if i am now whereing long jeans and a jacket in 80* f weather. i say the reason would be stress addind up. it only left me craving more later. i really don't know what more to say. only guilt would be because my friends(you guys + some school friends) don't like it. can't find a reason that its bad or wrong.