1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if i want to change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Jim1454

Remember that you'll feel WORSE for the first few days that you refrain from cutting - not better. That's the 'withdrawal' in a sense - having to make due in dealing with your emotions without your 'drug'.

Keep it up, and don't forget to reach out for help. You'll be amazed at how good you feel once you're free of that habit!

2. xxAngelOnFirexx

its been the hardest week ever. every night is a fight not to cut. but still tomorrow night (if i make it) will be a week. i think thats the longest since my relapse. i almost did last night. i had the knife in my hand for at least 5-10 minutes. in the end i was able to put it back and walk away. i was very happy that i had the strentgh to do that. normally when i get that far its it and i end up cutting. and i broke up with my girlfriend. i decided that i wasn't mentally stable enough to be in a relationship right now even though i still care about her, feel awful for breaking up, and still want to get back together. but she does agree that she doesn't want to stress me out and thinks that even though she really doesn't want to break up we should wait till we we both get out lives back together. so as hard as its been not to cut i have been able to restain. i mean even right now as i writ this i til have an urge. but i think that if i've made it this far i can make it a week. then i can decide if the problem at hand is really worth cutting for it i can make it a week. but a week would give me hope,which i need so i'm going to try. and trying is better than giving in even if its not as good as actually saying i'm not going to.

3. Bryan

WOW!!! sounds like you are keeping away, and that is an amazing thing (even worthy of the dancing banana (!) ) Keep it up, and know that we are all here for you. (&&&)

4. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are many people on EC who want to see you beat this!(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) As difficult as it seems, try to break the cycle. I do believe that you can do this. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) Stay strong and there is an amazing support group here when you need us! (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (&&&)

5. Moth

Wow, sounds like you're doing well, Angel. ^_^ I'm so happy for you. If you've gone almost a week without hurting yourself you're doing better than me right now. A week is a lot to be proud of when you're trying to stop. I know you can beat this thing - don't give up! We're all pulling for you. (*hug*)

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

i still haven't cut since labor day... but
    i wanna slit my wrists so bad right now i could cry... :tears:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You are doing well, Morgan. Please try to be strong now. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

8. Jim1454

Morgan, I know how you're feeling. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth fighting the urge - but it really is worth it!!! Because tomorrow you'll feel even better about not cutting, and the next day even better. Soon, you'll really be proud of yourself for getting this part of your life under control.

Find something, anything, else to do! Call a friend, read a book, go for a walk, write another of your moving poems.

But don't give up. We're all pulling for you!

9. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

One day at a time. In another 2 weeks it will be a month for you, then before you know it, 6 months, 9 months, a year, two years, and beyond. You CAN do it, you ARE that strong. Read what Jim posted: Call a friend, read book, walk, write another poem, yes WE ALL ARE PULLING for YOU!!

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

i just wanna end this nightmare. i'm in a tornado of emotions and urges screaming in ear. i can't hold a thought for more than a second. i don't know what to do. everything just goes in one ear and out the other. God help me! :tears:

11. winter89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can do this Angel!(*hug*) Do anything you can to stop thinking about wanting to cut. Writing always seems to help me. But do something. You can do this!(*hug*)

12. xxAngelOnFirexx

13. TriBi

Huh - just some egotistical lamebrain who thinks he's being clever. He isn't.

Hang in there Morgan - you've been doing really well!

14. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Please don't hurt yourself again Angel. You've done so well in resisting the urge to cut, & it is a really big accomplishment that you have come this far.

I know that mental pain & anguish can be overbearing, & it feels like nothing makes sense. I myself have (and still do) feel that life is meaningless at times & that I have no purpose in being here. But the truth is we all have a purpose. Even if we don't realise it. You've mentioned in another thread that you have talked a number of people out of self-harm or suicide. That to me, is a strength that not many people posses. There must be something about you that makes other's trust you & listen to your advice. I know that alot of that may have stemmed from your own personal experiences. But you have the ability to share this knowledge with us & help those in need. It's something that I'm sure alot of people would admire.

I think you've done a great job fighting the cutting urge for this long, despite being faced with such strong emotional turmoil. Whenever you feel down & the urge starts to creep up, don't let it win. Think of all of the people you have helped & the support you've given them in their time of need. You have made a positive change in their lives, & you should feel better knowing that this is something you can do well.

You have the love & support from all the members of EC behind you if you need us. I believe it's time for another (&&&)

15. xxAngelOnFirexx

thank you all for your support i really appreciate it.

right now i just been wish that something happens to me so i die without suicide and all that pain from others.

i didn't cut. i have no thoughts on it.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well done Morgan! :thumbsup: (*hug*)

17. panda

Angel/Morgan You are such an INCREDIBLE survivor.You are sooo strong.You are an inspiration to me.Thank You!! One Day At A Time.One Second At A Time.

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

to see an update on how i've been feeling lately read my latest blog.

19. netlord80

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have a lot to offer as I never went through with the cutting (I came very close about a year ago) I was lucky and it was a very rapid fall so I was able to spot it before I actually went through with it.

My advice would either be to seek help as I did, or at least try to look at some books on the subject. My issues stemmed from having Borderline Personality Disorder, but self harm is self harm. (SH is very common with BPD)

One of the things that you may want to try is making a contract with someone you can talk to that you won't self harm for a set period of time. Make sure it is in writing, so that you can look at it when you get the urge. It helps pressure you not to SH as you have your promise in writing. I would suggest short timeframes though as it will be easier to manage as you don't think how am I going to make it a whole month or week or whatever. You may go through a lot of paper, but it tends to work with BPD, maybe it could help you too.

20. xxAngelOnFirexx

i do have borderline personality disorder. just got diagnosed last month. i also have bipolar disorder. and schizoeffective disorder. and anxiety disorder. it sux. its depressing me with the last diagnosis. i might as well have been diagnosed with autism. its so limiting. i know i've always had it but i just thought it was part of my quirks and such. now that its labels as a problem and i'm even more screwed up its really depressing.