1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality in School Curriculum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Feb 8, 2008.

?

Have you ever been taught about homosexuality at school?

1. Yes

24.6%
  2. No

75.4%
  1. beccs

beccs Guest

No, not ever. But, I still have some schooling to go, so maaayyybe there is still hope? We'll see..........

2. Bree

I am astounded by the poll results! I know that my school went pretty in-depth (and maybe a little overboard) about sex-ed, but to have such a majority not even MENTION it? A lot of our education was in grade ten (15-16), where we had a week-long workshop about sexual health and healthy relationships, and in which the teachers were a lesbian and a gay man. Then we covered it again in Planning class (life planning), by which most people already knew it all anyway...and there was other stuff mixed into everything. The only area that wasn't properly covered was gender identity--I didn't know that there was anything other than cisgendered (I didn't know the term either) and transsexual until college. Several other graduates and myself have since brought it up with the school administration, and according to my little sister they're teaching more about it now.