1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, just looking for some friends in the lgbtq community

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Lesdar1, Mar 3, 2020.

1. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is a mess.
    Do you think there is a free/affordable counselor/therapist that you can talk to? Due to this whole quarantine issue, it might be difficult, but have you ever thought about it? Do you have an close friends or family members who know that you are bi? They could possibly talk to you.

2. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m looking into counseling once this quarantine is over..

I’ve have really kept this private not sure why I’m spilling the beans to you thanks for listing..

3. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since joining this website, I've realized that it is easier to tell anonymously tell complete strangers my deepest secrets than my friends and family members. It is very strange. I'm more honest on this website than in any other setting of my life. Why do you think that is? Why is easier to lie/keep secrets from our loved ones, but be so honest with strangers? Aren't our loved ones supposed to be the people we share everything with?

4. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it because we feel safe telling strangers. There is no judgement we are all here to listen and help if we can.

What are your secrets that you do not share with your loved ones?

5. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The whole lesbian thing is the main secret I keep from them.

6. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I’m glad we are able to listen and help each other!

7. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Same here. On your profile it says that you are out to a few people. Who are they? Your close friends? Cousins?

8. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you can really have me tell all my secrets.

I’ve been pretty much closeted but its mainly been the people I have been involved with it.

I have one friend that I have been involved with for 13 years he wishes that we could be couple but I told him from day one I was married and I would never leave my wife.

I do have 1 cousin I told as well as well as a couple of friends I knew were gay and would not pre judge.

9. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is good that you have some people to talk to. I have told only the kids at my school who are obviously gay. When I was 15, I told my best friend that I might be bi just to l soften the blow to her. She said that I was going through a phase and would be only attracted to men in no time.

This guy that you've been with for 13 years,has he understood that you are committed to your marriage? Does he accept that now? That sounds like a sticky situation for both of you.

Plus how are you doing with your kids and your wife in this lock down? Is it crazy always being together?

10. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well it’s good that you have shared your feelings with with some people you are going to school with. It’s always good to be able to talk with someone who excepts you for who you are..

Kind of like us who would believe a 18 year old Women and a 55 year old guy good talk to each other about life..

So yes the guy I’ve been with excepts it but he does not like it..Especially now during lock down

Lock down with the family has been good we have played a lot of games and think we have actually came closer together as a family

How’s your lock down situation?
    Do you have a big family?

11. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do have a big family. I have a 3 brothers, no sisters.
    Our lockdown is okay I guess. I take a lot of walks because I keep getting Cabin Fever. I still have to complete my schoolwork online though so no time to relax.

My real age is 19 by the way. I made a mistake on my profile that I need to change. I'm turning 20 in May. Hopefully this lock down will be over by then. On your profile it says that you live in Ma. Does that mean Massachusetts or Maine? I don't know my American states too well.
    What is it like in the U.S are the cases in your state really high?

12. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Family is important especially with what we are going through right now.

Well 19 year old and 55 helping each other is assume..

Yes that is Massachusetts but I now live in Ca. cases are high but they placed us in lock down right away which helped big time !

How about Canada are you in lock down?

13. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Schools, businesses, gyms, etc, are all closed. You can go to the grocery store, but you have to maintain a 6 feet/2 meter distance. You need to wash your hands at the door using a portable sink. Buses are still working, but you get in from behind.

I always wanted to visit California. I wanted to visit San Diego, Santa Barbara, LA, and San Francisco. I love the history, science and geography of that state.
    The fact that you live in California explains why all of your message are super early in the morning according to my time reference I live in the Eastern Time Zone.

You are almost the same age as my father. What are your kids like? Are they noisy? Rebellious? Shy?

I've always been quiet and well behaved. I never gave my parents any trouble. My younger brother is the most rebellious one in the family. He like to go to parties and has multiple girlfriends. . My two older brother are responsible and behave well.

14. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well Good Morning I hope you have a great night sleep!

Ca is great all the locations that you mentioned are great vacation spots!

I’m the same age as pops!! That’s great have you ever thought about talking to him about your feelings?

Kids are great! And they are stuck in lock down with me..

So are you still in school or working?

15. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't talk to him about my sexual orientation. Although he is the least homophobic person in my family, he is still against gay marriage. However, I think that it would be easier to tell him than the other members of my family. My brothers and my mother are incredibly homophobic. They hold deeply religious views.

A part of me feels that if I tell him, he will be uncomfortable, but get over it. Yet, I choose not to do that because I fear he will tell my mom. My mother will certainly react negatively and I just can't take rejection from her. Having either of my parents upset, angry, disgusted, or disappointed in me is awful, but from mom it would hurt most. My dad is more gentle.

Hypothetically, if you were a straight father, how do you think you would react if your daughter/ son told you they were lesbian/gay?
    I need a father's perspective to try to figure out my father's reaction.

I do schoolwork at home. The hospitals only want the graduating nursing students to help. The younger students can't go to the hospital anymore.

Are you homeschooling your kids? Are they getting online classes from the teachers?

Where would you like to go for vacation? Have you ever been in Canada?

16. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Let’s start with that question I did go to Canada one time I was in Buffalo for a sporting event so we crossed the border to Gamble..

But I would like to do a real visit big hockey fan so that would be fun as well

17. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So if I were Straight, gay, or bi and my daughter told me she was gay I would tell her that I love her and want her to be happy.. Your Family will love you 100% no matter what!!

18. Needhelp3

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So your going to Nursing school?

My kids are old I have 1 who is a teacher and one who is graduating this year..

19. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didn't know Americans were allowed to gamble in Canada.
    If you love hockey, then you will love Canada. It is not a stereotype when people say that Canadians love hockey. I can't play it (I fall a lot on ice) but I love watching it.
    What sporing event were you at? Soccer? Basketball? Football? I love watching Football. I follow the NFL season religiously. My three brothers have all played football.

20. mellissa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for saying that but I'm not so sure they would still love me. You need to live with my family to understand that they are very much against LGBT people. They hold deeply religious views. My dad is the only one who I think could MAYBE come around. By younger brother and his friends make fun of a transgender coworker behind her back. My brother told me that if anybody in our family was "like that" they would have to leave the house. My eldest brother is the most conservative person in the family. He says that gay marriage is the degradation of society. My mom once said that these lesbian girls were possessed by the devil.

I really doubt that they would love me no matter what. :slight_frown: