1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Get] Working out at home. [Fit]

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Beebo, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Beebo

Okay. The higher your legs are relative to your waist, while doing any ab workout, will force you to use more lower abdomen muscles, giving you the full six pack, instead of the usual four pack. The more you work your lower abdomen, the more you will start the see the center line of definition that really makes you look sculpted. :slight_smile:. I will post my workout tonight.

Defined lower abdomen.
    [​IMG]
    Undefined lower abdomen.
    [​IMG]

2. Beebo

This is what body builders do, this is why body builders get hurt. You can't just work out slow, or you will be slow and you will pull muscles all the time trying to play sports or go running or doing anything. Your muscles will become tight and unflexible. You need a spread of styles, and although going slow is good at times, it is not a sufficient way to get the cardio you will need to burn calories, and it will not work all the fast twitch muscles that are essential for sprinting and look very good when they are developed.

3. CrimsonThunder

No offense Beebo, but you need to describe how to do it, I'm sure a lot of people here dont know how to do a calf lift. (videos would be the best bet) 100 pushups without stopping is near impossible for anyone that wants to get fit. You start off with about 7-10 reps and thats all you need to do until you feel you have raised your fitness bar and move up to 10-15 reps. And 500 sit ups? thats just crazy. >_> For a good work out you need to do only a few of one thing and then do something else, repetition of the same thing is good but not too many in one day, you get the repetition by doing it every day.

See if someone tried to do your work out they would get bored, or worn out too fast. If they did end up finishing it their abs and arms would be too tired/sore to do it the next day so they wouldnt, and the day after that it'll still be hurting so they wont even bother doing it again.

Also, its better to use weights than no weight at all because when you are fit you want your muscles to grow, that can't happen with body weight.

Its also better to do cardio (thats jogging, jumping walking etc) one day and then do weights the next day as it lets your body rest and recover. (cardio is more for bottom half and weights is more for the top half) And you should always have a day off every now and then.

And as I said I dont mean any offense just sharing my views.

4. CrimsonThunder

5. Beebo

Tuesday - June 17th - 2008
    Tips
    STRETCH...
    You want to feel the burn, so don't give up when you start to feel it.
    Drink lots of water.

FOR THOSE OF YOU TOO IGNORANT TO READ THE FIRST POST ABOUT SPLITTING THE EXORCISE ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN FITNESS LEVEL, I WILL SPLIT IT UP FOR YOU. *glares at crimsonthunder.*

Exorcise 1
    Side Plank, Hold for 3 minutes on each side.
    Level 1 -- 36 seconds
    Level 2 -- 72 seconds
    Level 3 -- 108 seconds
    Level 4 -- 144 seconds
    Level 5 -- 180 seconds

This is what it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Tip -- Keep as straight as an arrow. If you find yourself sagging, fix it, because you are no longer working the same muscles.
    Use your microwave timer to countdown for you.

Muscles -- You will feel this in your shoulders and legs, BUT if you are staying straight, then you should be feeling most of the burn in your obliques (the low sides of your torso).

Exorcise 2
    Lunges, 60 reps, twice, on each leg (feel free to take a short break in between sets). That is 120 reps on each leg, and 340 altogether.
    Level 1 -- 12 reps (2 times on each leg)
    Level 2 -- 24 reps (2 times on each leg)
    Level 3 -- 36 reps (2 times on each leg)
    Level 4 -- 48 reps (2 times on each leg)
    Level 5 -- 60 reps (2 times on each leg)

[​IMG]

Tip -- Make sure your knee never goes past your foot. When in a lunge, your leg should be at a 90 degree angle.

Muscles -- Quads (top of thigh), but you will see and feel results from this exorcise in your butt. :grin:

Exorcise 3 -- Your finishing burner for today.
    Plank Shrugs, 200 reps, NO STOPPING. PUSH THIS ONE OUT. Make it hurt. You are finshed after this one.
    Level 1 -- 40 reps
    Level 2 -- 80 reps
    Level 3 -- 120 reps
    Level 4 -- 160 reps
    Level 5 -- 200 reps

[​IMG]

Explanation -- These are like pushups, but in a plank position. You should barely be moving your arms, all the movement should be in your shoulders and back. Going up and down using only your shoulders and back.

Tips -- Don't sag!! This workout will be very tough, You can go further than your pain threshhold though. So push it out. After this is done, you can relax, and watch a wonderful episode of House MD. I know... Its an awesome show.

Muscles -- Mostly shoulders and upper back, but you will also be feeling it in your lower back, and your abs, and your legs. (not right away, because your shoulders and upper back should be burning like the Hell.)

#25 Beebo, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  6. Beebo

Weights are fine. I never said anything bad about them. I just wanted to make an fitness thing to help people who don't know where to start, and to keep myself accountable. Now I dont go making things up to rag on your posts, so dont do it to mine please.

I never use weights, and I think I look pretty good.

I won't be posting running/skipping/cardio workouts in here. Those are things you should schedual on your own. They are not things you need to get muscular, but they are things that are important to fitness and health, so I encourage them. I run a lot.

Now please step off.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think someone has already said this but the word is "exErcise," not "exorcise." To "exorcise" means to cast out an evil spirit. :slight_smile:

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, I like the idea of levels but to be honest, I'm pretty sure I can't do 20 push-ups in a row without stopping, and I'm guessing most people new to fitness can't either. So you might want to add a level or something.

9. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Your exorcising the evil spirit of not being fit lol =]

10. Beebo

I'm sorry... hahaha. I will surely never make that mistake again. haha.

11. Beebo

Mostly I am making this workout as a guideline for people who want to do it. I honestly can't make a level for everyone, so I tried to spread it out as best as I could. You can feel free to make your own level while following the exercises until you feel ready to take on the levels that I have put up.

Thanks for the idea though Joey. I will try to do something. Maybe I will add another level.

#31 Beebo, Jun 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  12. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    lol, thanks for the post. I've been thinking about working out and getting in shape.

13. Chamber of Life

OH BEEBO!! I have a question.
    I'm 100% serious on this question
    So I need to get my ass more firm, do you have any workouts for that? I have one, but I dont now if it's the right one. I didnt feel like asking my dad, because he just annoys the hell out of me.

#33 Chamber of Life, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  14. Chamber of Life

Just saw the lunges! NEVERMIND!!!!

15. Beebo

Wednesday - June 18th - 2008

Tips
    Listen to music while you workout, nothing too soothing.
    Have a banana, helps with muscle recovery... or something along those lines... anyways, they taste good.
    Look at yourself in the mirror. :grin:
    STRETCH!!!
    Dont forget to request certain body parts. :grin:.

Exercise 1
    Back Extension X 250.
    Beginner -- 10 - 25 (twice with a small break in between)
    Level 1 -- 50 reps.
    Level 2 -- 100 reps.
    Level 3 -- 150 reps.
    Level 4 -- 200 reps.
    Level 5 -- 250 reps.

What it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Tip - Stick your feet under a couch or anything that will keep your feet down. This will make the exorcise target your butt aswell as your back. You will also be able to do much more.

Exercise 2
    Chin ups, 30 then 20 then 10 with 5 minute breaks in between.
    Lying Pull ups (for beginners, level 1 and 2)/Chin ups (for level 3, 4 and 5)
    Beginner -- 10, 7, 5. Pull Ups.
    Level 1 -- 15, 10, 5. Pull Ups. or 10, 7, 5 chin ups.
    Level 2 -- 20, 12, 7 Pull Ups. or 15, 10, 5 chin ups.
    Level 3 -- 18, 11, 6 Chin Ups.
    Level 4 -- 24, 16, 10 Chin Ups.
    Level 5 -- 30, 20, 10 Chin Ups.

What they look like.
    Lying Pull ups - Lie down and pull yourself up using a bar or anything, turn your hands so your thumbs are facing away from your body. (If you dont have a bar, you will have to do it the way the man is doing it in the pic -- and that is okay)
    [​IMG]
    Chin Ups - Unlike the picture, keep the thumbs facing away from your body, your palms facing you. (If you dont have a bar, you will have to do it the way the man is doing it in the pic -- and that is okay)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tip -- Any ledge will do for the chinups (I have honestly never done pull ups before, but they are essentially the same, just easier.) These are hard, but you can do more than you think you can, if you just push yourself. Music is a huge help.

Exercise 3
    Sit Ups with elevated legs -- 60 reps, three times.
    Beginner -- 10 reps, three times.
    Level 1 -- 20 reps, three times.
    Level 2 -- 30 reps, three times.
    Level 3 -- 40 reps, three times.
    Level 4 -- 50 reps, three times.
    Level 5 -- 60 reps, three times.

What it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Tips -- You are allowed to keep your legs on a couch or chair. Keep your hands by your ears or over your chest. Don't throw your head, you will injure your neck.

Enjoy.

#35 Beebo, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  16. Beebo

I will throw in some more butt exercises in the next few days.

17. Beebo

Thursday - June 19th - 2008

FiTnEsS TeSt​

We are going to do something fun today, and we will do it every Thursday-Sunday. This will gage what your skill level is, in three distinct areas. You should have a final score by every new Sunday on all three areas.

Three Exorcises.

Pushups. (back, arms, shoulders, traps.)
    Crunches [with your legs - on a chair/on a sofa/hanging in the air]. (Abs/Core)
    Squats. (Legs, Butt).

Do as many as you can using this method to find out your score:

1 rep. [score = 1]
    [total = 1]​

(take a 5 second break)

2 reps. [score = 2]
    [total = 3]​
    (take a 5 second break)

3 reps. [score = 3]
    [total = 6]​
    (take a 5 second break)

4 reps. [score = 4]
    [total = 10]​
    (take a 5 second break...)

5 reps. [score = 5]
    [total = 15]​

EXAMPLE: If I scored 10 (score = 10) on pushups, I will have done 55 (total = 55) pushups, but my score is still only 10.

You will be comparing your personal score of the current week against previous weeks to gage your physical fitness growth.

Please either post your results on this thread, or send them to me (I will keep it confidential), and I will update them weekly in a private document so that I can send you your proof of improvement each week. Feel free to add your results in chunks, you have the whole weekend to get this done.

One last example of what the results might look like.

Jack Black Scored:
    Pushups - Score = 10.
    a total of 55 pushups​
    Crunches - Score = 15.
    a total of 120 crunches​
    Squats - Score = 20.
    a total of 210 squats​

I'll be putting mine up tomorow. Please ask questions if it seems too complicated.

18. nemo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's a realy cool idea!

19. Trumpetplyer23

Hey, Beebo, I was wondering, is there anything I could do to increase my cardiovascular fitness/strength besides running.

I can run, but I have problems with my knees sometimes, so, yeah, thanks.

20. Beebo

My Score --

Pushups -- 22.
    A total of 253 pushups.​

I havent done the others yet.