1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Guys: how do you feel about sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

I don't know wheather it's me being bi-it Seems more bi than gay people like sports, or encoraged or what ever, but i love rugby, plus changing with the boys, not in a sexual way, but they don't half make good jokes about me sometimes :icon_wink I'm No. 8 ^.^

2. HyperMuse32

Although I don't like participating in sports or usually watching them, there are a few I love. I play badminton with friends (I never lose), and I don't mind kick ball and such all the much. In gym class, I'll participate most of the time, but just because I can score the touchdown/goal/point or run the mile/swim quicker than everyone else doesn't mean I want to do it. Therefore, I am one of the only people in my school not participating in a sport. I like to watch some of them though. Especially when the Olympics are on! GO MATTHEW MITCHUM!

3. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i prefer workouts than sports

4. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Yeh I gotta agree!

Theres only so many times you can be forced to play football before you hate it (fortunatley I transferred into the girls group which was so much cooler! all this while still in the closet! Remarkable!)

5. James

I like basketball and volleyball. Never played in almost 2 years, but I'm going to see if any friends want to this year. :slight_smile:

Also, is swimming considered a sport?

6. premiumheart

I'm not a sports buff, but I do play tennis once in a while. I also like watching the ATP Tour, especially major events like the Grand Slams and whatnot.

7. xXHolic

huh that's quite and interesting topic!
    i thought I was the only person hating sports..
    i soooo hate PE :frowning2:

8. TheRoof

i always say i SUCK at sports, but the truth is, i can play sports really well if i want to, it's just that im not interested AT ALL at sports...

9. olides84

I love playing sports, especially racquet sports - I just got home tonight from a squash game. I used to watch them in person/on TV all the time as well, but now I just watch the odd football (soccer) match.

10. diegon3

I used to hate sports da only one i liked was swimming cause i waz in my schools swim team and i did really good der
    but i do like excersising dat is ok as long as it's just wat it is

11. Adam

I love skateboarding and snowboarding, well I used to skateboard, would like to start again, and just went snowboarding for my first time last month and it was awesome, Also went to the X Games in Aspen which was really fun to watch. Other then that I don't care for sports at all.

12. Pendrin2020

I play dagorhir. It's a medieval combat sport. we get together dressed up like it's the middle ages and lord of the rings and fight with padded weapons. Some of the bigger events are massive battles with over a thousand fighters between both sides.

Lot's of fun.

Other than that, I'm not a team sports fan. We all have our hobbies. For some people it's obsessing about football and for some it's about bettering themselves through the game.

13. Sydneypark73

Yes it's is. I will not apologise for the disconnect between gay men wanting respect and equal rights yet there is still an overwhelming attitude towards things that are commonly accepted activities in the real world. Don't mistake me I get that there are guys str8 or gay who aren't into sports, my real question is why are so many gay men (not all a sizeable minority love it) express hatred toward sports (except water sports :frowning2: ha ha).

I struggled with being a guy who loved sports and didn't want to be a stereotypical gay man but it took a long time to find enough supportive friends who's life isn't revolving around Lady Ga ga and Madonna. I don't nor should anyone else expect a person to be forced to like something they are not into but my message to the haters is this, your bitter and twisted attitude will suffice to mess you up without any homophobe ever doing a thing.

If your not into sports, please for your own sake get a hobby or you'll just become another washed up queen. Worrying sign is that there are guys who fit the 'washed up queen' tag and haven't even reached 30 years old. I'm so sick of seeing many great people live their lives as a sexuality and blame homophobia for not making the effort to use their energy to be involved in the arts, cultural event or shock horror sports or similar. The results are all too predictable so you go on hating queens and start looking around for that medical insurance extras cover for a good therapist while you snigger at the gay men who dare to have a life

14. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hate sports

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a really old thread! Why not start a new one, as this is an inexhaustible topic of discussion (I hate watching sports by the way)!

16. jahow95

I play rugby, box, play cricket and go to the gym regularly... then again i'm not sure if i'm gay or bi. It makes it more difficult to be honest

17. duende84

I only watch rugby and football for the hot guys ;-)

18. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get withdrawal symptoms when the UK football season is over love sports .

19. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't like them nearly as much in 2008 as I do now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

20. LiquidSwords

Playing sports is great! Watching sports is great! Sports are great!