1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For biolgicial males, circumcision?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by starm, Jul 17, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We are not all ok with it as demonstrated. Intact males honestly look hotter, don't need lube, and have all of their nerve endings present. All things being equal, I prefer uncut guys for sure. I don't fetishize it; it's just more naturally erotic to me.

2. GayBoyBG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't mind dating cut/uncut guys. Wouldn't cut mine though. That shit's absurd :grin:
    But, in the same time, I don't think I would've been mad at my parents if they circumcised me when I was born.

3. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It should only be legal if whoever is getting it done is old enough to understand, or if it is for religion (and the part of the religion that means it is a sin to not is older than the law).

4. Cider

Idk, in a lot of cultures the parents cut off their child's foreskin. I don't like that though, I feel like it should be the child's decision.

Some say it's because it's easier to clean (which is true) and others say that it looks more attractive than an uncut penis.

While others say that uncut means more pleasure (which is also true)

In my health class last year, our teacher told us that you're more likely of being uncut if you live in Europe, and in other places like America, Asia and Africa you're more likely of being cut.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cleaning is trivial. Just use soap around the penis, then retract the foreskin, and use soap on the glans and inside of the foreskin. Be sure to rinse thoroughly to prevent residual soap and accompanying dryness and itchiness. Ease of cleanliness is not a normative argument for circumcising infants and toddlers.

If, in adulthood you decide you think a circumcised penis is more attractive (which is fucked up in my opinion), you're welcome to get that medical procedure for yourself.

I really hope circumcision is outlawed. Of course, religious folks will cry, because yet again their unquestioned right to be violent is being attacked.

6. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If it isn't broke don't fix it. I can't get my foreskin back and I didn't have a choice. It's the way all boys were born. Not judging others religious beliefs or customs! For me I feel something was raped from me! To be honest an intact penis is a Christmas present you can unwrap and wrap quickly year round!

7. silent symphony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ^This :roflmao:

I wasn't circumcised, and I appreciate my parents' decision to keep me the way I was. While I disagree with those who choose to circumcise their children at birth, I think that the procedure should not be outlawed. I personally feel like it shouldn't be up to the child's parents, but I can see the argument posed by those who say that it facilitates better hygiene. Like all medical procedures, however, doctors should educate the parents about the pros and cons, as well as all of the possible problems that can arise from a botched procedure.

8. Plattyrex

I wouldn't recommend it. I was circumcised at birth and I can't look at my naked body in a mirror without getting upset by the fact that my mom thought it was okay to do that to me without consent. I don't like how it looks, I'm really self conscious about it, and it's just an extremely violating feeling for me. Just because you're okay with it doesn't mean everyone is.

9. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Well, this is an age-old debate. Despite my family history being that males are never circumcised, I am pro, probably because a male baby in our family almost died due to an infection which would have been prevented had he been cut.

I think many of you might benefit from looking up the benefits and risks as posted by the Mayo Clinic here: Circumcision (male) Why it's done - Mayo Clinic

10. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only times when a permanent decision should be made about a person's body without their informed consent is in an emergency or when the person cannot and will never be able to consent (ie, a person in a permanent coma or with a severe developmental disability).

There is literally no argument that overrides that, whether we're talking about surgically altering intersex babies, women's reproductive rights, or circumcision.

No matter how many benefits there may or may not be, it should still be up to the owner of the foreskin as to whether or not those benefits out-weight the risks.

11. Plattyrex

I agree. I can't believe this is still legal.

12. ariverinegypt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As someone who is circumcised at an age old enough to remember it, I would say it is not worth it. I was not old enough to know what the options were for me and didn't realize how massive the change to my appearance would be. The job of the foreskin is to protect the glans and other sensitive parts of the penis, having an exposed glans rubbing against my underwear when running is something is still uncomfortable to me.

I've read all the pros for why people are circumcised, and for the overwhelming majority they seem like reasons of convenience - hygiene and lower risk of STDs. Surely there are some valid reasons like infections but those should be done as needed. Even phimosis which is a medical reason for circumcision is something that be resolved for many without surgery.
    In US and some other places it is still performed routinely on babies - I'm surprised that such a barbaric practice still continues. Given the choice about the cons of circumcision like loss of sensation many would chose to keep their foreskin even if it required more effort to wash and protect themselves.

Here are is a list of what you lose when you get circumscribed. Click at your own risk.

http://www.can-fap.net/fourreasons.shtml

There is a whole bunch of guys restoring their foreskins out there if anyone is interested in mitigating their loss.

http://www.restoringforeskin.org/

#52 ariverinegypt, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am in 100% agreement with the thought that it's the boy's body, and thus his decision when he'd old enough to make it. Past that, I've seen videos that show how painful it is for the baby. Yes, maybe he won't remember shrieking his head off as the doctor slices and dices his penis. Although some suggest that there is reason to believe it will be remembered on some level. Even if it isn't, well, painful torture would be considered unacceptable by any reasonable person. Unless, of course, it goes by the fancy name of circumcision, with a cultural stamp of approval.

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2016 at 06:19 PM ----------

That can happen. However, it is worth pointing out that many babies suffer huge problems--up to and including death--due to circumcision.

14. Plattyrex

I agree. Most people who are pro circumcision force alleged health benefits down everyone's throats and then conveniently ignore the fact that it causes health problems as well.

15. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It should be banned, like any unnecessary surgical procedures on babies.

I find it really strange how popular it is in the US. While growing up, I thought that only Jewish people did it. As I doubt the majority of the United States is Jewish, this makes even less sense to me :|

16. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It should be banned!
    After all you're mutilating someone's body without their consent. :dry:

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wasn't circumcised, and neither were any of my brothers. I've never had an issue, try to stay clean, and don't see any reason to remove it.

18. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have good hygiene habits, then there is no need for that, unless you have health problems.

Also, I am vehemently against circumcision in children and babies for religious reasons. The child obviously isn't old enough to understand and decide those things alone, and shouldn't be obligated to live the rest of life without the foreskin because of the parents beliefs.

If the person reaches adulthood and decides to follow their parent's beliefs, then it is fine, the adult is free to do whatever he wants in that regard. But forcing a kid to do that is cruel.

Everyone has the right to belief whatever they want, but your right ends when you are interfering in somebody's life without their consent. It doesn't matter if it is your son. Also, the same thought process applies to parents who let their kids die because they don't allow blood transfusion. If you are an adult, you are free to choose, but do not force kids to do that.

19. Bismuth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was circumcised as an infant but I don't worry about it at all. If someone chews me out before sex for have a cut penis well then fuck them (or rather, don't fuck them).

20. Mikelhpc228

I am intact, so is my dad, and brother. my mother thought circumcision to be barbaric, and refused to allow the procedure be done. I recall she taught me at 3 or 4 years old how to retract my foreskin and clean myself. Love my foreskin.