1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For biolgicial males, circumcision?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by starm, Jul 17, 2015.

1. starm

I want to know if it is good to have it done at age 0? Also, if any person with a penis, can you tell me if you had it cut the foreskin off and what effects it had if you are old enough to remember. I was done shortly after birth, so I always had the foreskin off. I don't have a difficulty orgasm, so no bad effects on my case. Should biological males remove the foreskin to reduce disease transmission rates?

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would only advocate it if there was severe infection(which is rare). My stupid doctor recommended that I get circumcised at age 6 because I had some skin adhesions. I was just old enough to understand what was going on but not the full consequences. I was brought up to trust doctors and of course you trust your parents. There was painful urination for 2 weeks and plenty of pain. Very socially awkward too. It is mutilation to me and only should be done when absolutely medically necessary. I realize I am in the minority in the Christian community but whatever.

3. starm

I don't remember at all, because I was done at 0 years age.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still don't recommend it unless medically necessary.

5. Sarii

I got circumcised (I didn't really have a choice in the matter considering I couldn't even tell what was going on) but I don't recommend it. It gets annoying and while it hasn't had any direct effects on masturbation, you don't have anything covering it regularly without the foreskin.

6. KayJay

I don't think there is any reason to circumcise anyone unless it is medically necessary. I know there will always be a debate over what's better but as far as I understand it removes sexual pleasure and isn't really natural. The foreskin keeps the penis moist which it was obviously intended to be.

7. starm

I think it only removes pleasure if done more then 3 months after birth, as I have no problems with pleasure. Research has shown that nerves in the penis regrow if removed very early(less then 3 months.)

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, because it doesn't really serve a purpose and it can have side-effects. On top of it, if it's botched, what are you gonna do? No genitals?

Doing this at an age at which the kid can't consent is also wrong in itself.

9. starm

Really? Mine was done in 1993, and I have no problems with it... some still might object, but it is not as bad as the female version, and it is different.

10. souverian

also consider that uncircumcised skin works well to protect what's underneath

11. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Only in case of a genuine medical emergency. Which does not include ease of cleaning or looking like his peers/dad.
    There is no inherent necessity to circumcise boys and plenty of risks, plus the fact that it's involuntary.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2015 at 02:21 AM ----------

This is false.

It's not about problems with pleasure, it's about less sensation due to decreased number of nerves, which you don't realise because it happened before you were sexually mature/active.

Citations? Because that's a nonsensical blanket statement.

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2015 at 02:24 AM ----------

There's also no causal link between lack of foreskin and lack of STDs.
    All it does, is make it easier to clean, you can still get infected and if you regularly clean and practice safe sex, you have no higher risk of diseases of infections than circumcised people.

12. starm

That is wrong, it reduces the vulnerability of diseases. Foreskin is the most vulnerable part of the male penis, removing it reduces the risk of almost all kinds of diseases. During sex, foreskin is the most likely way of virus, or other diseases.

13. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A better method of preventing disease is wearing a condom.

Circumcision rates are low in Europe, and yet from what I hear they have a lower STD rate.

14. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well in Indonesia majority of boys got circumcised around the age of 8 to 13.
    So its very common for us here to remember the experience because we already at the school age by then. And they did that with only parental consent and without the child's assent most of the time.

i remembered that during mine the anesthesia effect start to fade during in the middle of process. I felt like super weird sensation before the pain kicks in.

Personally i'm against circumcision unless its medically necessary like adhesion, infections, phimosis or paraphimosis. I regret that i forced to get circumcised because i realize that i lost quite a lot of sensation down there.
    :icon_sad::icon_sad:

15. starm

That's because they didn't do it as infants. Anytime later it has bad effects.

16. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely agree that getting it done reduces infections. A neighbour of mine, her 4 year old constantly has staph infections because he doesn't know how to wash properly. From an aesthetic standpoint, it looks nicer without all the skin.

17. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the Philippines, circumcision is "required" to all pre teen boys. THEY said it symbolizes the transition between being boy to man. But our science teachers taught us that boys get circumcision for hygienic purposes.

18. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I obviously have no experience with this, but here is my opinion.
    If boys were born with a foreskin, there is no logical reason to hack it off. Also, I think it's unfair to do this to a baby since they can't give consent to a permanent, lifelong condition. It would be better to let them make the choice for themselves once they become older. Of course, I doubt that at that age very few people would willingly have a circumcision.

19. i heard that if you clean your junk, then you should be ok. as far as stds i think some rates are higher for those that have foreskin, not sure why. maybe some disease juices get trapped in there. idk.

20. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

What a good insight you have.
    i must say that i'm agreed 100% with your post.

id i'd given another chance i really wanted to kept mine