1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you worry about going to hell for being GLBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dwelefan, May 19, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having more sexual thoughts and thinking about them more isnt wrong
    Its only wrong when these thoughts are taking big parts of your life
    Im pretty sexual in thoughts
    Just stay away from sharing them keep it to yourself will be better

2. PeacefulWarrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, not at all. When I'll die, it won't matter where I would go. The only thing that matters to me is life. I am here, NOW. Don't know for sure the future or what's after death so this is not bothering me.
    Despite the fact that I'm atheist I respect all religions, and I think it is not the good way to read the Bible literally. It was written in the past with the habits of people 2000+ years ago, and there is a lot of thing in it, what strict Christians don't do for example don't cut beard, no sex before marriage, etc. There are big parts in the Bible which are not appliable to our modern society. Habits are not ethernal truths. Which is important the morals, like tolerance, love and respect. Love all kind of people, even our worst enemies. Thats what Jesus told people and thats what is written in that book. And I think it is not Christian at all to hate someone for any reason or call her/him guilty...

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Matthew 5:28 seems to frown upon that, the sexual thoughts, though if you take it literally, it only applies to looking at women.

Which brings up another conundrum, why give people the potential to be sexually attracted, if it's going to be considered adultery?

In that case, I'm going to Hell. Too many good-looking people in this world, damn it!

4. Simple Thoughts

Yeah I worry about this from time to time.

For the most part my mind is very rational on this issue, but I've given myself panic attacks thinking about this. It's an unfortunate side effect of being indoctrinated into religion at an early age.

Surprisingly, when you take your child to church and treat it like it's school they grow up just blindly accepting everything the church says as fact ( with zero elements of free thought about it ) and for those who do manage to weasel away they still occasionally have moments of doubt because of how deeply ingrained religion is to them given their upbringing.

This of course leads someone like me to sometimes have panic attacks about being burned alive for eternity because God loves me.

5. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Nope.
    I see no reason why Whomever's upstairs would even bar us or condemn us because They made us this way. We were born gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, agender and everything in between and to be sent to whatever hell there is for what we are - what They made us to be - is just plain stupid.

6. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    No frikking way. I'm a queer tranny, and if there is such a thing as heaven and hell, I'll soar high above the clouds when my lucious hormone boobs are rotting six feet under, for having been a generally nice person...

The Bible has some pretty words in it. But please don't take it literally like that.

8. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Arfff

indeed, all holy scriptures have beautiful phrases and words written on them.
    It's the human's fault to miss-interpret such beautiful word of god. Or just looking one sided at the word without considering the whole message which is love for every humankind.

I'm not religious nor believe in god
    but i somehow do believe in higher power
    I'm not worried i'm going to hell because i'm gay
    if all those things that they (religious folks) forbid you to do makes you go to hell then heaven will be a lonely place.
    I believe if there is heaven and hell in the afterlife then the higher power will see us as a whole, not just based on sexual orientation. Our good deed that we have done in our life must also be taken as a consideration

anyway
    that's just me rambling

have a great day
    arfff

9. Simple Thoughts

So you're deist I take it?

Also just curious, but...

why do you do the Arff thing?

Personally it's kinda cute, and a refreshing change of pace from other posts, but I'm also growing more and more curious as I see your posts ^^"

10. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Arfff

personally i dont label my belief in higher powers
    because faith and belief are personal, very different for everybody. And it is a sensitive material to discuss in the first place...
    labeling faith also needs a full certainty and knowledge in hand

the "arfff"
    Its just a -me- thing
    rather not discuss it here since its far off topic =)

11. Simple Thoughts

oh well deist just means "Believes in god" like an in general term. Not a specific god, or a specific amount of gods, nor any specific rules for what you believe. Just that you believe there is something.

Fair enough.

12. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Arfff

Whoa, thanks for the info
    i'll make sure to do my homework and search for it

13. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No sin is unforgivable.
    We also have no control over the sin nature.
    It is not a sin to be lgbt, some of the verses that may have been misinterpretted said it is a sin to act upon it.