1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you drink alcohol...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by woowoo, Dec 30, 2014.

1. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I much prefer gay beer

2. BelleFromHell

HELL NO. I have an extremely long history of alcoholism in my family, and it has ruined the lives of so many people I love, including my god-mother who died of cirrhosis a few years ago. Aside from that, when I was 4, I took a sip of my mom's boyfriend's beer (mistaking it for Coca-Cola). Let's just say, after learning what alcohol tastes like, I find piss to be more appealing. I don't like the smell, either.

This is part of the reason why I dislike New Year's Day. Unless you drink or are in a relationship, it's just any other day. Sure, being born on New Year's makes It easier for people to calculate my age, but It does little else. Why couldn't I have been born on a fun holiday, like Halloween?

3. cady

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No. I'm old enough but I tend to have an addictive personality, so I'm scared of what would happen if I ever started.

4. SomeLeviathan

occassionaly, a couple times a year at most.

as I've said in other threads about alcohol, I have a high tolerance to it due to cross tolerance with anxiety meds I take, so the amount I have to drink to feel even buzzed (last time I drank I had 3 glasses of rum* and just felt a little more loose, but not drunk) isn't worth it for me to even enjoy drinking socially.

*1:2 ratio, so 3 ounces of rum and half a can of coke per drink.

#44 SomeLeviathan, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  5. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not against having a couple drinks in a social situation. Just enough for a light buzz. Even then, its only a couple times a year.

6. ReyJ

This, plus the fact that I have an allergy to hops and thus can't drink beer anyway, means I will VERRRRY rarely drink anything alcoholic.

7. Lyana

I'm in what I guess is equivalent to college, and of age in my country. I enjoy drinking in social situations as well as with family -- for example, I'm celebrating New Year's Eve with only my parents and sibling and have drunk enough to feel it. I end up drinking a few times a month with friends at college. I have fun and see nothing wrong with it. I don't drink heavily, but enough to get hangovers.

8. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Occasionally I'll have a glass of wine or a beer, but I never drink enough to get drunk.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes but not all the time hardly really I don't like drinking :dry:

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Very very very rarely (once or twice a year)

11. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just have been, for the first time in years and I'm already regretting it because my tummy has just started hurting. I hardly drank anything! :icon_sad:

12. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really drink. I mean maybe VERY occasionally- once every couple of years? I don't really like the taste, and I don't like feeling out of control. :confused: So it's a bit of a double whammy for me.

13. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am an occasional drinker--sort of a glass of wine with dinner kind of guy. When I go out to a club or a bar I will have a cocktail or two. I'm a consummate drink nurser--generally one drink will do, two if I'm there for more than maybe two and a half hours. Lets just say no ice goes unmelted. I got drunk once. I threw up and there was pecan pie involved--it was very unpleasant...

14. therunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope, never have. I just have no interest in drinking..

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't drink alcohol. Never acquired the taste for it, and have never been crazy about drinking either.

I used to have a glass of Champagne on New Year's Eve or a glass of red wine once in a blue moon but I don't do that either anymore.

16. BlackCat3929

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I generally drink socially. And though I do have a pretty strict workout routine, I still enjoy the occasional shot of whiskey or a good micro brew. I have an extremely stressful job, so I unwind with a good video game and a brew every once in a while.

#56 BlackCat3929, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  17. C P

C P

18. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I'm drinking right now.

19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I drink, on occasion.
    Usually no more than 2 glasses of wine per any given day.
    Except when I'm going out with friends, this is when I'll drink more and might end the night in a rather tipsy state.
    I'm fortunate though that I recognise when I reach this state and can thus prevent from becoming fully drunk.

My younger brother doesn't drink alcohol at all. Not because of health reason, but he just doesn't like the taste of it.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Personally, I'm not fond of alcohol. Far too often, I've seen it make a situation worse, delay a situation, or just turn people into insufferable wrecks. Sure, some folks can handle their liquor, many drink responsibly, but you could make the same argument for firearms -- not everybody is going to "play by the rules".

Both of my parents liked to drink. I'm not sure how much better our relationship would be, if they didn't drink at all -- or they had, at least, drank less. Many individuals I grew up with also drink, and every single one of them get too reckless or too loud after a few drinks. Now, in the past four or five years, I've met exceptions to this rule. However, alcohol isn't exactly my cup of brew tea, and I doubt it ever will be. For one, I don't like how most of it tastes, especially beer. Secondly, it can be quite expensive for the good stuff. Third, I've never been drunk in my life, and one half of that reason is, I'm not fond of alcohol, but the other reason is, I'm concerned what kind of drunk I'd be.

I've been known to take a shot/sip during special events, like an engagement, New Year's, a wedding, or something significant, like graduating. But even then, that's hit or miss, because of my lack of affinity for liquor.

Having said that... I don't mind folks who drink, it's their call. But if you come around me, and you're acting a fool, after downing some shots/bottles... we're going to have a problem.

Now then, that out of the way, I'll just kick it in my own little corner, with my personal vice:

[​IMG]