1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you 'know' you were gay as a child?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rakkaus, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Onyxknight

I never knew I liked girls until high school, but there were indications around 8 or 9, when I was playing "doctor" with a next door neighbor in my closet, and she had something wrong "down there." Then later, around 10 or 11, I was spending the night with a friend from daycare, and we played "husband and wife" and I actually went down on her. I have no clue where I actually learned any of this at so young an age. At least, it seems I was really young, lol.

2. justashyguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a kid? I don't really think I knew anything. I didn't really like girls, thought they had cooties and stuff, but I think all boys are like that for a little while.

Once I got to middle school, though... I knew. I didn't want to admit it out of fear, but I knew!

3. Nyanko

I didn't, but I did show signs, according to my grandparents. I was a huge tomboy; I liked playing outside, being dangerous and reckless, riding their horses, video games, baseball, playing with my grandpa's motorcycle and guitar...boy stuff, while my sisters played dress up and helped my grandma cook and sew things while I hated it. I often played as a boy and had an imaginary girlfriend when we did stuff like "house", although I just did it for the sake of playing. Nobody ever said anything, but the signs were there.

#103 Nyanko, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. Dasher Anne

I had no idea I was gay when I was younger. But now I look back, there are a lot of signs from my early childhood that let me know that I am. For example I never really liked guys while all the other girls went boy crazy. I just... wasn't interested.

5. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I knew I was attracted to girls and boys since when I was about 8 or 9

6. Alexander69

Yes I have always known I just have always get things for other men that I can't feel for women.

7. elandra

i did not know i was gay until hit on by gays

8. orangeyskies

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had boyfriends all through middle school, but I wasn't really attracted to them much, physically. One of them is actually one of my best friends today :slight_smile:

Around 8th grade I noticed I liked girls and I was at least bisexual, which sort of freaked me out. By now, 10th grade, I know I'm just full on lesbian.

So, no, as a child I didn't have crushes on very many people. Those I thought I had crushes on were guys. It wasn't until puberty and having my sexual attractions kick in that I knew.

:thumbsup:

9. TrangNhi2154

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I remembered that I glared at Miss. Baker's breast a lot when I was in third grade. I felt guilty about it, and I hope that she didnt noticed it. :/ I knew I liked girls, but I dont realized that I'm lesbian until I was madly in love with my friend in freshmen. Its impacted me.