1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Room???

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Jamie, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Just wondering if anybody has ever thought of tagging a chat room onto the forum, so members can chat to each other?

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's an interesting idea, however I don't know if there would be enough people around at any time to make it worthwhile at the moment. If you look at Who's Online (in Quick Links) there are often only a couple of members here. It may be something to look into once the site becomes busier.

3. Jamie

well to be honest even in some of the busier forums I frequent and moderate (not related sexuality related though) there are only ever a few people online at a time. But the chat room still features very well. A couple of people decide to chat and eventually another member comes on and joins in with it. Just an idea i suppose for those who don't divulge in instant messenger programs.

Also, there's the possibility to schedule chats e.g. if we all have a get together at x time.

Just a thought of course,

Jamie

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'll ask the owners to look into it when they are doing the blog and gallery update (which should be early next year I hope). They run one at ###, through a third party provider I think. No promises though.

5. Jamie

Thanks Paul

6. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That would be cool. :wink:

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It looks like phpMyChat is supported on my own web server (not the same server as www.emptyclosets.com). I will have a look at this when I get some time in the next few days, and hopefully get it set up and running at www.emptyclosets.net. It should be a fairly easy way of proving whether this is viable or not. I'll try to do it before Christmas, but no promises....

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, I have some chat software set up at http://www.emptyclosets.net/chat/ (note .net not .com).

Just use the same username as you use here, to avoid confusion.

This is the "lite" version of a package called Blab, and doesn't allow for user registrations or anything clever. It also only allows 10 people to be connected at a time.

If it works out well and gets a reasonable amount of use I will buy the full version, which has more features and allows more users. :slight_smile:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well it works! I have just been chatting with jamieuk and step49x in there. :slight_smile:

I have added a link to the navigation bar at the top (instead of the calendar link which we don't use).

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If you visit the chatroom and find someone else there to chat to, please post here to say so. It doesn't log visits or anything so I have no idea how much use it is getting. Thanks!

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I've checked into the chatroom a few times and it's always been empty. I don't hang around though as it's really for you guys to chat to each rather rather than to me.

Also I probably look at the wrong times, as the forum seems to get busier after I've gone to bed (so probably evenings in the States).

Has anyone made much use of it?

Perhaps we need to agree on certain "chat times" (making allowances for time zone differences) so that during those times we all know there is likely to be other people in there?

12. Jerr

i had NO IDEA there was a chat room! i woudlabeen in there so much because i get bored often! to bad no one else is on it

13. step49x

I check it whenever I get on, but I haven't seen anyone on there in a while.

14. Micah

I'm on atm, but admittedly I don't usually log in.

15. Jerr

well im gunna try to be on as much as possible!

16. Edwin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No one really uses it much right? Everytime i'm on there, no one seems to be on. :lol:

17. step49x

I use it every time I get on EC. Lately, though, I really haven't been on EC that much. Thus, I'm hardly ever on the chat room.

18. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I leave it on some of the time, but have basically given because there has never been anyone on it. Has everyone given up on it? I think it'd be cool if lots of us used it, but I don't have a clue how we'd get people to get on it at the same time. Any ideas?

19. Kimi

I've checked there for few times and I never saw names other than mine:sleep:

Maybe we should make a new thread that saying "I'll be there..." or "drop me a PM..." when you want to chat with someone.

I'm really looking forward to chat with someone:bang: :bang:

20. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i just had a check there also but no one there.