1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phase?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smiley1123, Jul 31, 2008.

1. jony8472

Re: At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phas

I'm pretty sure now, but I only discovered I was gay recently. I've been attracted to guys years, but I thought I was bi.

So, it's up to you. When you know, you know. If you're never sure, well then, that'll just make life a ride won't it=P

2. berileos

berileos Guest

Re: At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phas

I found it out very early...and felt it 'till I was 6.Then I went to school,and had a horrible experience of which I don't want to talk about.The important thing is that when I was 8 or 9,I wanted to be with a girl,but something told me I can't,I shouldn't...I tried to get rid of all emotions(don't try it,that made me problems I have right now),that lasted 'till I went to high school.The things changed there...I was in constant depression,everyone has love,but I don't...This year,I couldn't take it anymore,so I searched the internet and got here,where I'm taking a slow rehabilitation...

3. Trumpetplyer23

I know a lot of people say that they knew they were different when they were younger, but in the case of my story, I can't say that.

I knew I liked guys at age 11, so, I thought I was straight. Then, at 12 years old, here comes this girl. I got a major crush on her. So, I kinda figured, that if I liked guys before I met her, and I discovered that I liked girls after I met her. That that would make me bisexual.

Recently, I had a bit of a doubting phase, because I found girls more attractive than guys. And when I was in relationships with guys, I seemed to lose the feelings for them.

But, I figured that I still found guys attractive as well as girls, so that makes me bisexual.

#23 Trumpetplyer23, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  4. Smiley1123

That is pretty much where I am too. Actually it's exactly where I am with my exact story! Whoa thats weird/cool! We have the same story!! :thumbsup:

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I discovered it aged 14. I suppose I've accepted myself, and I don't think it's a phase, but I still have my doubts sometimes.

6. sdc91

Looking back, I've can remember having attractions to men since I was 6. However, I didn't know what "gay" was until I was 12, and I didn't come out to myself until I was 15 (even though I knew), then I didn't come out to other people until I was 17.

7. Bookmarked

I knew I liked guys at around the age of 12, but I was sure I was straight and it was a phase that'd pass. Boy was I wrong. I finally accepted it about two years later at 14. And I had my first major crush a year later. Good times.

8. Amy

Amy

i sort of always knew that i liked boys and girls, but i never really put a name on it until i was 13. i realized who i was, in many repects, thanks to a teacher of mine. then, there was a pretty emotionally damaging expirience with said teacher the week i was going to come out to her(which i really dont wish to talk about often), and imedietly went into denial. i spent nearly six months like tha, then just came to peace with the fact that i wasnt the kind of person people wanted me to be. ive come out to many. but i am starting to have doubts about who i am still.

i hope i helped!

9. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

Probably when I was 13 or 14 when I first got the internet. I didn't actually come out to myself until I was 21.

10. pirateninja

I've always known. Even in my deep denial years or when I attempted to fool myself by pretending that I had a crush on this random guy. Even though I thought "If I can just have a crush on this one guy, I'll be fine." There was always this nagging at the back of my head saying "Keep trying, it'll never work, you're a lesbian, accept it." No matter what I did to try and combat it, that nagging voice never went away.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I didn't let myself be sure until I was about 16. I think I knew it before then, but I didn't want to believe it.

12. partietraumatic

Personally i never thought it was a phase,but neither did i accept it,i kinda just didn't think about it atall-i just refused to even debate it with myself and would always intentially start thinking about something else. It wasn't 'til i was about 15 that i actually started thinking about it,as i decided to needed to confront it. But guess it wasn't until about 8 months ago (i was 16) that i realised and accepted myself was gay. But then about a month after that i got drunk and came out to a guy at a party (who is now m boyfriend lol:icon_bigg).

But don't feel you have to come to a decision and pigeonhole youself as one thing or an other,take you're time and eventually you will realise what you are and you will be more comfortable with it when you are sure,you won't be comfortable if you rush and decided something before you're sure..so take your time!!! lol

13. jazzrawr

Erm...well, it was this year. After i dated my last boyfriend and once again relaized i didnt feel anything for him, i admitted that I really don't like guys. I knew it wasn't a phase since grade 9, well the end of grade 9. Summer before grade 10 really.

14. Re: At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phas

i was probably 13, but i probably should have known earlier because i always loved that scene in Terminator where you see the govenators butt lol

15. TeeJers

I've always known, but I didnt except myself until I turned 15.

16. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I was eight when I knew

17. happysky

I had suspicions when I was 6.
    Whenever I went to the mall, I always found my self looking at the men on the briefs packages at JC Penny.
    I tried to run away from my feeling around 14 and tried to become attracted to girls.
    At 16, I decided I was gay with no turning back.

18. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

Don't remember ever feeling attracted to women, attracted to men around 6-ish, realized I was gay at 14, tried denying it, dated a girl for a couple days at 16, realized it wasn't right, accepted it after that, wondering now at 17 if I should start coming out to some of my friends.

19. cityboy340

Originally: OC, California Now: Baltimore/DC

14 but sorta suspected earlier, but completely realized it by a dream... and shopping online for (mens) underwear :slight_smile:

20. silentsound

Thought about girls my whole life without ever even noticing it.

Realized I was gay or bi or something December 13, 2007 (age 13)

Realized I was gay January 17, 2008 (five days before by fourteenth birthday)

Came out to my first person August 3, 2008 (age 14)