1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phase?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Smiley1123, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Re: At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phas

I never thought of it as a phase, I just went through stages of "maybe I'm a bit bi/bi/a bit gay/gay." I figured it out on January 7th, 2007, so I was... *does mental math* 16.

2. Emile

Emile Guest

Re: At what age were you sure that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual and it wasn't a phas

I kinda always knew but I never asked myself the question. I was more in denial I think. I realized I was gay in June '07, after watching a gay movie, by curiosity. I never thought watching that movie would have changed my life...

3. the ry guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I was 22 reason being i went through a bit of a self-denial phase

4. gastro08

gastro08 Guest

3 days ago..

5. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

16. I never thought it was a phase, I have always known I don't like guys but thought it would change as I got older, it didn't but it really didn't come as much of a shock when I figured it out.

6. Eponine

Realized I was attracted to guys when I was 11, but I was in denial until I was 15, where I believed that I was bi and wanted to end up with a girl. I've only accepted that I was gay a few weeks ago.

7. Ben

Ben

I've never thought it was a phase. The first time I even heard of the phase was when I was 14. By this time, I knew i was different and i knew it wasn't a phase.

8. riddlerno1

i always thought it was aphase that id grow out of. was in denial for bout 10 years or so. Wasnt until two weeks ago i said to myself I am Gay!

9. nluvwthagrl1010

I kissed my first girl when I was 14 and loved it, but didn't truly accept I was bi/lesbian (still trying to figure that one out...long story) until I was 23. I was in denial for a long time, but now I am out to a couple of friends and my parents.

10. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

I was always more shy around girls than guys. It took a guy friend of mine to make me accept it that I was attracted to females. Occasionally I still think that it is just a phrase but I know I like girls, just how much is the question. I was 14 when I knew that girls were an interest of mine, rather than guys.

11. Endlessnight500

Well in second grade I was like well, whats so great about girls (no offence), and i had a sort of experiance with another guy in my second grade class... At the time I had not clue what it ment. In 7th grade I thought OMG I THINK I MIGHT BE GAY...and I didnt accept it for almost 3 more years...when I was 15. Thinking about it now its odd... It seems like it was so long ago, and it really wasnt. Looking back now I seem so young...I still am, but I feel like I've grown so much in that little bit of time.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I started suspecting it alot at 14, and finally got bored of thinking it was a phase at 16.