1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you for Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Are you for Obama?

1. Yes

94 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other (state below)

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I will be voting for Obama. And since Nevada is a swing state it might come down to every vote matters.

2. madi

exactly what I feel. I can't vote yet because I'm not old enough, but honestly the thought of romney being elected scares me based on his opinions and plans.

3. Gen

Gen

Its still not acceptable. This isnt "tit for tat, I'll get you back". We may all have differing opinions, but we should just give them and leave it at that.

Anyway, yes I will be voting for Obama. Not even with a connection to stances on LGBT topics, as much as I just agree with him more then Romney. Not to mention, I'm not upset with his previous term. Maybe I was the only one not expecting the country to turn into Nirvana after 4 years ( ._.).......

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Please don't make me do my job. I'm sure we can have a civil discussion about it all without having to get personal.

Again, if you feel someone is crossing the line then report it instead of starting a flame war.

Carry on :slight_smile:

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh?

Obama is probably one of the best debaters ever, even with his need of a teleprompter. He did excellent in the Democratic debates, too. But Romney is a very capable debater as well, and it showed last night.

#45 Mike92, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  6. julia

I'm behind Obama 100%, I would go into detail more but to be honest I'm tired of taking about politics lately. The debate was really interesting to watch last night though.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And i will continue to do so. The man is a swine. You only need to read his comments about Iran, the entire Palestinian people, women, gay people, anyone who wouldn't vote for him etc etc to realise that he is immoral and inhuman. I hate that he makes me wish tangible bodily harm to come to him, but he makes me afraid for humanity.

How about this: I hope he gets arrested for indecent exposure before election day. That'd ruin his career as much as a severe stroke and wouldn't anoxiate any regions of his fevered brain.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I have much the same thoughts toward politicians in general; however, I was not referring to Mitt Romney in that statement.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Romney isn't perfect by far, and he can be pretty awkward at times. But he's a decent guy. Hell, I hate Obama as a president but I think he's an OK person, too.

You can disagree with a politician and still criticize him/her in a mature way, which apparently is a difficult thing to do for some...

10. GreenRaven

i chose for obama, but just cause i don't want to say i'm for romney D: he's a jerk-off imo. i was all for ron paul before but...oh well....i'd rather obama than romney any day

11. Night Rain

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he did a great job considering the mess he had to deal with.

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Mitt Romney is an absolute monster and total scum. Certainly no LGBTQ person should be so full of self-hatred as to vote for that piece of dirt.

With that said, no, I am not for Obama.

He is just the only option we have in keeping Romney out. And that slimeball needs to get beaten into the ground hard in November.

But I will be voting for the Green Party's candidate Jill Stein, or perhaps Peta Lindsay on the PSL line. New York will go to Obama anyway.

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's immature about it? I hate romney as a person AND a politician and think i justified it just fine. Also, i haven't been at all ad hominem to anyone in this thread so far, budski. Who has?

By the way, i don't like that he makes me hate him, i wish he didn't, but he does. I think he is willfully evil, moreso than bush. In fact, i would MUCH prefer bush come back than mitt get in.

#53 Pseudojim, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  14. Ridiculous

Would Paul Ryan be much better? I don't know much about him. I assume that's who would end up in his place if Mittens was somehow dispatched.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

That would only be if Romney got elected president...which isn't going to happen.

16. Ridiculous

I would've thought he would've taken over the campaign as it is now if Mitt was somehow unable to. What would happen in this case instead? Would Obama just win by default?

17. Mogget

The Constitution doesn't, AFAIK, specify. Which means there'd be a battle at the Supreme Court.

18. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saying you hope someone has a stroke isn't immature? Uh ... OK.

19. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well, if Romney dropped dead or otherwise became incapacitated, it would be up to the Republican Party to decide whom to replace him with. I guess they could choose Ryan, but he doesn't exactly seem like presidential material at this point. But it might actually be too late to take Mitt's name off the ballot.

Some U.S. historical trivia: in 1872, Liberal Republican presidential candidate Horace Greeley died before the electoral votes could be cast in the election. Congress ruled that electoral votes couldn't be cast for a dead man, so Greeley's votes were instead divided up among four other candidates. But Republican candidate Ulysses Grant had won the election with a clear popular majority, so it had no real impact on the outcome.

20. Ridiculous

Haha, really? So the people who voted for him effectively ended up voting for someone completely different? That doesn't sound like a good thing.