1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you for Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Are you for Obama?

1. Yes

94 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other (state below)

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, at least you gave me a response.

Oh, and Obama's foreign policy record isn't exactly sterling these past few months.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you want to start talking about foreign policy, you'd better make it a relative discussion.

Nobody's is perfect, but his is better. He's not describing the entire palestinian people as war-hungry and opposed to any form of peace, or directly threatening Iran with violence, or calling an entire country a "crazed fanatic".

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, just throwing Israel under the bus is all. If Obama gets reelected, it's scary what could happen with Iran. And people in Obama's circle leaking private information simply for political gain is pretty disgusting.

By the way, to people that don't want to vote for Romney because they're worried he's going to somehow take away our rights - it's not going to happen. Nothing. Will. Change.

4. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    When it comes to me, I don't keep up with politics, and I don't think I'll keep up with them to closely, ever. The only reason I say this is because all the mud-slinging and constant NEWS-FLASH-B*TCH! every few minutes because one of the candidates said somethings. It's so annoying it makes it not worth trying to keep with anymore.

#104 Menaki-Neko, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Former Israeli Mossad director Efraim Halevy, on Romney's comments WRT Iran

"If I’m sitting here in the month of March 2012 reading [Mitt Romey’s op-ed about Iran], and I’m an Iranian leader, what do I understand? I have nine more months to run as fast as I can because this is going to be terrible if the other guys get in."

He's not just pissing off Iran, he's pissing off Israel. Everyone wants him to shut up, because he is saying inflammatory shit and is going to increase tensions and increase Iran's desire for a nuclear weapons program.

Got any actual backup information for "If Obama gets reelected, it's scary what could happen with Iran" comment, or is it just stuff you've heard on fox news?

6. needshelp

i'm down with obama. that's my president. :lol: it's not because i'm black either. i'm just voting for the lesser of the evils.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL, why do you keep bringing up FOX? I have said many times before that I don't watch that garbage. They pander to the far right of the party, and I'm a moderate.

In terms of Iran, Obama doesn't like leading against them (or leading much at all for that matter). I believe there is definitely a threat that they get a nuclear weapon if he gets reelected. There needs to be tough sanctions. Also, leaking homeland security information is quite dangerous, too.

As for Romney, he's pretty gaffe prone and some of the things he says without question are head scratching. He no doubt needs to watch what he says.

#107 Mike92, Oct 6, 2012
  8. TheUndiscovered

I think it is inaccurate to vote for Obama just because he supports gays marriage. I think it's a lot bigger then that as this guy is trying to run and change our country. Personally, although he seems creepy and hates gay people I support Romney because I think he can fix this economical disaster. Obama had 3 years and only made things worse.

There's nothing wrong with supporting Obama I just think you need to know more about him instead of voting for him just because he likes gay people, a president that supports homosexuality is great but to me that's like voting for him just because he's black.

^---- Not talking about everyone I'm just saying some people know nothing about the man and are only casting their vote towards him b/c of his support for us.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Throwing Israel under the bus?

Please. The Democrats and Republicans trip over each other to prove who is more loyal to that rogue state.

So Romney is lying when he says he will push for a federal constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage? Romney is lying when he says he will enforce DOMA? Romney is lying when he says he opposes laws against workplace discrimination for LGBTQ people?

No LGBTQ person can possibly support this guy. Open up your mind and get over this reflexive need to defend your existing beliefs. Mitt is a menace and a threat to all Americans who aren't rich white straight Christian men.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There already are tough sanctions. So tough in fact that the Iranian currency has collapsed and dropped two thirds of its value in the last couple of weeks and people are struggling to afford food, panicking, rushing to buy gold which they see as much more stable than their failing currency. However, this is only strengthening Ahmedinajad's (sp?) platform based on fighting the oppressors. It is not hard to convince starving people that they are oppressed.

That is a foreign policy failure. What would be worse would be direct threats, and describing the entire country as a "crazed fanatic" WHILE all this is happening. The fastest way to accelerate their aspirations to start a nuclear weapons program is to threaten them directly, so they'll rush toward having at least the power of nuclear deterrence.

If you don't want to look like a fox news viewer, say something with substance and backing up information. I hear a lot of grand sweeping statements which you refuse (or perhaps are unable) to back up with anything but further generalisations and uninformed statements.

11. Ridiculous

The very act of being anti-gay shows you have some serious mental and moral deficiencies that would be to the detriment of everything else you do.
    Choosing your allegiance solely based on their LGBT-friendliness may seem naive from face value, but their stance on that issue is an clear indicator for their stances in other areas.

Just because someone is pro-LGBT doesn't mean I'm instantly on their side, but if they are anti-LGBT I will instantly oppose them because it shows a severe lack of judgement.

12. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I had a feeling that was another baseless sweeping statement but i didn't have the knowledge to rebut, and of course it's never wise to open one's mouth in ignorance, is it?

13. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't buy it.

As I said before, I think he has said a lot of things to get the base fired up. For example, Paul Ryan was recently asked about DADT and he said it would be "A step in the wrong direction to repeal it."
    You hate Mitt Romney. We get it.

#113 Mike92, Oct 6, 2012
  14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would have advised more substance, not less.

Still, carry on.

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2012 at 01:31 PM ----------

seconded. Open the other eye, first. The mind can come later.

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have friends and know other people that are against gays. Can't say I agree with them, but it doesn't affect other things they do negatively. For most of them, anyway.

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

No problem. But Mike92 clearly won't listen to reason. He's been convinced that Romney and the Republicans have it right and refuses to even consider any other view. Sad.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

17. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would advise several things for you, too. But I don't think it's to the benefit of this thread to name them.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Someone who is "against gays" obviously doesn't place much value on justice, equality, civil rights, empathy, human rights, and the public welfare....and thus isn't fit to be President of the United States. If you have 'friends' like that, perhaps you should find better friends.

19. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really?

So you missed where I blasted Romney (and every other politician) for shifting views to pander to their respective bases? Selective reading, I guess.

Then again, this is coming from someone that completely ignores and runs away from facts that are presented from links to debunk BS.

By the way, you need to take your own advice.

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please, go ahead