1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you for Obama?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Are you for Obama?

1. Yes

94 vote(s)
    78.3%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other (state below)

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Somewhat off topic, but Romney did very well debating Obama tonight.

He clearly won.

2. ok455

Yes i will be voting for him i like what he did for the insurance raise it to 26 instead of 23 that saves me a lot of money. At my job it comes out of my check and its costly and i believe it takes two terms to fix the economy

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Besides the point that somebody else already pointed out about the 2-party system being ludicrous and broken.
    Let's just say I would never vote Republican (at least as it is now) and especially not when their candidate is someone who believes in magical underwear and Indians were of Jewish decent and all that.

4. Fiddledeedee

I would certainly vote for him over the Republicans in a swing state. I would vote for Jill Stein in a non-swing state.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ This

&

^ that.

I refuse to participate in a rigged system.

6. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I can't vote yet, but, I would vote for Obama if I could. The thing is, it's more of a, one is just worse than the other, so I have to pick the better out of the two. Obama has made some changes, don't forget we were in a depression within the stock market in 2008, he was voted as President in that same year, and now we're doing better in the field of economics. Obama may not be the best in that field, but he got us out of it, and that is at least one good improvement. He's helped play a part in the rights of humans as well, and that's another good thing. It's not like he's an amazing president, but he's better than Romney. I've stated this before on facebook, not that many people took notice, but I wrote in response to Romney stating things such as he wanted to restore america's promise and help the middle class Americans, or there being a safety net around the poor people and when it breaks, he'll fix it. The thing about the America's Promise statement that got me was the fact that he mentioned middle class Americans. America's Promise was to help aid all children every socioeconomic class. This didn't help prove his point at all. It only showed he didn't know issues. He appeals to the middle and upper class because he knows that they have more power to vote. He knows that low income people are less likely to vote, which is why he puts more focus onto the people with the power. He has a good strategy, he's good at brain washing people. The problem with the safety net being around poor people and when it breaks he'll fix it is only showing that he doesn't fix something before it goes out of control. He'll let things get out of control before he does anything about it. I used this as an example, a more literal example. Someone in the circus walking on a tight rope has a safety net below them. If that net is already broken, they're at risk of either making it all the way across without falling, or falling and get injured, or even dying. Now, if you don't fix the safety net, and a person falls, they're in a position for disaster. Romney, again, with another smart but stupid move of letting things get really bad so that its easier to fix. He can make it seem like he helped people out of a horrible situation when really, he was the one who let it happen in the first place. So, based on this, I say Obama should be President.

7. Night Rain

Something about Romney just scares me. :lol: And I don't like the GOP to begin with (hate would be a more fitting word). I would definitely vote for Obama if I could.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he spent half his time interrupting the adjudicator and being the rude boorish dickhead that he is, i hope he has a stroke before election day so we're spared the prospect of such an inhuman douchebag having remotely the amount of power he hungers for.

9. Doctor Faustus

Outright yes.

Commentators say he performed badly in last night's debate, but I hope he wins. A Mormon becoming one of the most powerful men in the world? Really?

If Romney wins, the rest of the human civilisation should be afraid. Very afraid.

10. RainDreamer

The two parties political system is clearly broken. When face with two bad choices, voters are forced to choose for the lesser evil. And so it rarely ever reflect the right conensus of the country. Also, if you don't vote, you lose your voice, since they don't count non-vote (not sure if they count blank vote in US). There is not realy a choice. No vote = giving up decisions to other; vote = bad choices. There need to be a reform.

Anyway, if I was an American, I would choose Obama.

11. Lewis

I live in the UK and I am for Obama and the reason I have an opinion is because the USA is so influential on our country. Whatever the US does, every other country follows, so it's really important for us too.

12. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This right here proves why you have zero credibility. No need to act like a 12-year-old.

Anyway, Romney was far from a rude dick in that debate. In fact, Obama was the one that had the terrible body language and condescending/disinterested attitude. And polls and political analysts agreed.

Both interrupted the moderator, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Obama was definitely "Mitt" slapped last night.

#32 Mike92, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  13. Mogget

I wouldn't say he won, since that isn't the purpose of Presidential debates (if it were we'd vote immediately after them based purely on the content of the debate), but he definitely did better than Obama. He was smooth, polished, and self-assured. It was very discouraging for me.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ehh, I would argue that is partly the goal of a debate.

Not sure why some people are surprised, though. Romney is a very good debater and he's pretty smart, even though he isn't always the best at communicating.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And of course, with you being seven years his junior, he should take notes. It is not acceptable to attack other members like that.

I can understand that you're angry about his response. However, I agree with the Australian. Romney did turn in his humanity card--several times in fact--with his statements and policy positions.

16. Emberstone

enjoy the oppression, collapsing of the economic system, and a reversal of human rights.

17. Flow

I don't agree with the Republican's views, but I also don't like where the Obama administration has taken us.. This is my first year that I'll be able to vote, so I will take this opportunity. I'm still on the fence about this, Obama promised a lot of things 4 years ago, and not many of them were upheld(but this can be said about all the presidents).

That one little clip of Romney talking about how he didn't care about the 47% really affected me, which I'm in since I'm a student that relies heavily on the government for FA. Oh well, I still see it, either way we're kinda screwed. We should all move to Canada :slight_smile:

As for the debates, Romney did do fairly well but he was still rude in his demeanor. I'm surprised Obama was still cool about it. If I was Obama, and he interrupted me, I'd be like "Excuse me bitch, I'm still talking". Maybe it's a good thing I'm not president LOL.

#37 Flow, Oct 4, 2012
  18. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always hated politics and had zero interest in it. In fact, at 20 years old, I couldn't tell you anything about how politics or the government works. I never bothered to learn and even when I was required to in school, I never took it to memory.

That being said, the only reason I care about this election is because Obama really is the only viable option. No matter what else he has done or will do or what his other policies are (which I really don't know), the fact is that he has done more for the LGBT community in the last four years than ever. We can't afford to fall back now. If Romney wins, we expect everything to go to hell...on all social issues, not just gay marriage/rights. Besides, I'm totally liberal and would always vote on the democratic side. I've never voted before, but I'm thinking I should this year.

19. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, to be fair, Pseudojim has attacked him just as relentlessly in the past.

Romney absolutely made inroads with independent and undecided voters (per polls and analysis), and clearly had the advantage over Obama in that debate, for whatever reason (is it just me or did it seem like Obama hadn't gotten any sleep in the past few days prior?). If the past is any indication, though, winning the debates is no indictment of who wins the presidency: Mondale beat Reagan, one could argue Gore beat Bush, and Kerry essentially put a "beatdown" on Bush. The more "outwardly likeable" candidate won every time (and yes, unless you're a Democratic zealot Bush was actually considered more likeable than Gore and Kerry - in precisely the same way that Obama is infinitely more likeable than Romney, unless you're a Republican zealot).

#39 Browncoat, Oct 4, 2012
  20. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Obama never was skilled at debating, there's a reason the Republicans made fun of his teleprompter use so much. He only performed the best in the debates the last time because his foe was old John McCain.