1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little part of me has died inside.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Butterflies85, Dec 13, 2017.

1. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ugg... I really wasn't meaning you should take him calling you names as coming from a good place... that was him being a dick... and that obviously was not coming from a good place. What my post was about was when in doubt trying to stay optimistic, assuming the worse just leads to worse places. When in doubt ask/

2. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont know if this helps anyone, but losing the desire for intimacy and sex with a partner happens even when you're with the 'right' gender. I'm a lesbian whole-heartedly, but over the years my ex-girlfriend and I lost touch with being able to talk about what we want and follow through with it. I guess this happens huh but it totally sucks.

3. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I understand, I was going with the context that sex was the only problem. From the sounds of it there is a lot more to it than that... I can't even imagine my spouse telling my son to call me a fat cow or domestic staff... There is just so many levels of WTF in that... the disrespect .. the .. I really hate to say this but i can't help it... the bad parenting on his side...I have two daughters and the idea of disrespecting their mother doing domisic things just blows my mind. It's teaching them to not value her. To not value what she does, and thusly in someway to devalue other women doing the same thing. And if they ever find themselves in a domestic role when they're grown they would devalue themselves.... And that's just a big freaking no.... The world sucks enough for women, it.. . upsets me to hear a father teaching that to his daughters...

4. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeppers, my ex best friend had scheduled sex time with her then girlfriend. Every ... friday I think? They seems to be doing pretty good with it. They've been together.... god... i'm not sure.. maybe.. ten years now? Gay straight or bi, or what ever. Relationships evolve.

5. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry i tried to go do something but... kids are just off limits. It's one of the core values my wife and I share. She wants to go see her gf cool, she wants to spend the night cool, she wants to miss a school performance... hell no... .. sorry. I had a bit of a sucky childhood and I just can't stand to see kids not being treated well.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I didn't think you were. It's quite a specific example. I appreciate that assuming the worst can result in unnecessary negative thoughts, resentment, etc. I was just trying to highlight that it doesn't always work. In some cases it wouldn't be appropriate to find the good place that your partner was coming from.

Yes, quite. :slight_smile: But this is not my thread. I think we've gone off topic enough already. Sorry @Butterflies85.

@Woodswoman Yes, I agree. It is something I considered whilst questioning, but the attraction was never there to begin with, so there was no loss of desire.

EDIT:

I'm sorry to hear that. In general he is very good with her, but just has these moments where I wonder what on earth he was thinking.

#46 LostInDaydreams, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    HelpLOL likes this.
  7. HelpLOL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @LostInDaydreams hey I tried to post this to your wall and then in a message but I can't see to get any of it to work.
    "Hey sorry if I came across too strong about the parenting thing.. I have 3 and I for sure haven't always done a perfect job. :/ I'm really going for passable most of the time lol. Anyway, sorry about that. Just kinda hit a nerve, it's freaking hard raising daughters.. It already feels like the deck is stacked against them, i can't see adding to that. I apologize again if i came off too strong."

8. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @HelpLOL I have my profile page set up so that only members that I follow can post on my wall (I think) and you can't send a private message unless you're a full member.

No worries. It's a good thing to feel strongly about. I think, as parents, we're all going for passable. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I now follow you, so you should be able to post on my wall.

#48 LostInDaydreams, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  9. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    LostinDaydreams- It wasn't intended to mean tasks would replace sex. Some relationships are of convenience, and don't have the intimacy as other relationships. Not say yours is of convenience, just sharing my perspective.

HelpLOL-The completeness was meant as a person who not only helps their partner with daily life, but is able to be intimate also.
    Yes, a person does change over time. But maybe that is the beauty of how love works. The adaptability and growing with each other. The individuality of each person is important.

I understand that every person is different. That can be a good thing. I also understand sex means different things to different people. That's okay. Each person has their perspective. Glad there is a place to express perspective and to help with the struggles that happen in life.

LostInDaydreams and HelpLOL like this.
  10. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't describe it as such because it sounds terrible, but in reality, we wouldn't still be together if we didn't have our daughter.