1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you worry about going to hell for being GLBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dwelefan, May 19, 2015.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha, no, hell is one of the most ridiculous ideas to come out of all the ridiculous religions. Of course I'm not worried about it.

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    that was in Leviticus when discussing the Mosaic Laws,
    it was also mentioned as a sin in 1st Corinthians as one of the things that would keep you/me form inheriting the riches of heaven. Of course the author of Corinthians is not known for sure, it is best guessed to be Paul.

However, all of that aside, the Bible also says that Jesus is the light and the way and that all I really need to do is to believe in him. Does not say believe in him and only have sex with woman.. Regardless, if the sins mentioned are really going to keep people out of heaven no questions asked no forgiveness given, then Heaven is going to be one empty place as far as I can tell.

3. timo

I don't believe in the concept of heaven and hell, so no, I don't.

4. ashketchum202

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was raised catholic and from a very young age I don't remember being scared of going to hell because my parents never talked about "gay" stuff so I never heard them say anything about gays going to hell. Once I found out that the bible wasn't written by god or Jesus themselves I realized that that book could have been written by an ignorant homophone who wanted people to think that being gay was bad! Any who, ever since then I think of the bible as a mythology book. It could be real or it could be fake and if it's real it has a lot of flaws. I like Jesus cause he never actually said gay people are going to hell... he's actually a good person.

5. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I struggle with it. While my parents really have no religion all of my grandparents, and step grandparents are very religious Christians and have always taken me to church with them and pounded religion into my head. I have not come out to them for this reason. To them I am an innocent little flower. I am worried that they are telling the truth, and that I am sinning. I am in a near constant state of feeling guilty. Sometimes my worries consume me especially when I'm with my dad's mom.

6. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Darling, you're not going to hell. :slight_smile: when you're exposed to it so much, it is ingrained and becomes truth to you or your own reality. It's alright, I had to break out of that fear too. A good remedy is isolating yourself from the nastiness and engaging in some of your own deep thinking. Never let others' beliefs get to you. I made that mistake and it bred a monster.

7. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wonderful meaningful words. Thank you. I am trying but for the time being I'm living with an 87 yr old, I can't come out to her, and have to go with to church every Sunday.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hell doesn't exist it's just a made up place that was told to people to make them follow the rules.

9. Burnedcloset

I don't what I believe in anymore.

im not scared of going to hell either. I don't see anything wrong with me liking/being with a boy. It feels so normal and good to in my imagination.

10. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No because god doesn't exist.

Okay fine.. You want me to answer as if I believed in god? Okay. Here it goes.

The bible has been translated several times into different translations. Words are "updated" and sometimes not always to reflect the true meaning. Abomination had a completely different meaning than it does today. Lots of words aren't the same and have less meaning. For example: gay used to mean "happy" but now means "someone who likes the same sex". So even if you think the Bible calls being gay an "abomination", it doesn't hold the same weight and have as much meaning as you would think it does.

Also add to the fact this. Jesus never once mentioned in the bible same sex relationships. If it was so important, don't you think he would've mentioned it? The bible says you should be put to death for working on the sabbath, body modifications (haircuts, tattoos, etc. are all out) eating shellfish wearing two different materials in one outfit, and for divorce. I think LGBT Christians should worry about going to hell as much as people who shave worry about going to hell.

The bible was also modified to include same sex relationships. That wasn't ever mentioned in the original biblical text.

See these two videos for more info:
    [YOUTUBE]udFqnsUcd0c[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]Dyl7jWk-cuU[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Let's not forget. I thought God Loved all God's Children? If God loved you, he wouldn't send you to hell.

11. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I never acquired a religion so I have never bothered myself over the ideas of 'heaven' or 'hell'.

12. The Spaghetti

If hell is real I will be there and I will be on the throne where I belong
    [​IMG]

13. White Knight

I don't think God is that daft as people make him out to be. I worry about going hell a bit but not because I am gay but because the things I did which has no connection with me being a gay.

14. antibinary

No, I'm atheist.

I heard from a Christian that hell is being without god('s love). Maybe if we all go to hell we can have a party?

15. MouseKeeper

Yeah, I agree. Hell is where the cool kids go. IM ON A HIIIIIGGGGHHHHH WAY TO HELL!!!!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]l482T0yNkeo[/YOUTUBE]

#95 MouseKeeper, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  16. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  17. CyanChachki

No. I don't think that hell is as terrible as most people think it is. I don't think you get tortured for the rest of eternity, it's just God's way of keeping people in line so that they don't get sent to his brother instead. But who knows.

18. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well whatever religion you follow they all worship one god
    and he is very forgiving
    the prophets and people who were perfect in god's eye were people who are very giving nice accepting for anyone and good with everyone treat the foe like they treat their friend so i don't think god would throw all your good deeds in life just because you are GLBT and would tell you go to hell because of feelings you had that you didnt even choose makes total nonsense
    god punish us on bad choices because they give you a bad life style and would damage your life and others life its not being gay that is wrong its people who cant accept it and just want to kill you in the name of god that's a bad life style and i have seen many people destroying their own family because of how far their homophobia have gotten and how uncontrollable they become
    like in the middle east some muslims report their sons to be killed by islamic groups imagine your family wants you dead and give your full info to some terrorists so their family name wont be used by a fag they want that fag killed cause he caused them shame and it angers god !
    i never ever read god say kill our kids for being gay or not obeying gender roles in any religion !

---------- Post added 22nd May 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

and please god wont send me to hell for being gay or a queeny
    but maybe because of my bitchiness and meany comments on my siblings and family im a pain in the neck whenever people make me feel down i make others feel down and i only have my family around me i used to drop my bombs around school but now i have no school so i drop my bombs on family members .....forgive me my lovely family T_T

19. Aster

I'm not religious but if I do go to hell, it isn't for being bisexual.

I say a lot of inappropriate stuff (don't worry, its not offensive). Especially for somebody my age.

Last night I drew a picture that had nipples stick out like ice cream cones. Definitely going to hell for that.

20. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh jeez don't worry cause I will see you all in heaven no matter what