1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Guys: how do you feel about sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Shyvin

I have always hated sports, from the very beginning. It never clicked with me at all. I was a gamer, I grew up on the NES. Zelda is where it's at friends.

2. littledinosaurs

hahah that's great!

3. limfjord96

i totally agree. I pretty much love all sports, playing and watching though. especially soccer (football), Hockey and australian rules

4. Greggers

Some people were born gifted at sports.

Some people were born with two left feet.

Me? I was born with the ability to loose to Helen Kehler in Marco Polo.

Sports is the bane of my entire existence. I can do some solo sports to keep fit, but even then im PATHETIC at them. It seems anytime a game includes physical activity, i fail. Sad thing is? Im not over-weight, i have my ten finger and ten toes, im in perfect shape and condition for the average male. Yet I never got the vollyball over the net, never did even a half-decent lay up in basketball, and i never scored a goal, let alone passed, the puck in hockey. I coasted by on my "participation" marks in PE until i was allowed to drop out. Sports are just NOT for some people. Period. However i dont think this is a "Gay stereotype" as much as something like, not wanting to get down and dirty? But even then, its just a dumb stereotype. All it means is that you dont have to look too hard to find someone that fits it, not that everyone does. I dunno, just my two cents.

5. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't really play sport that much anymore, I used to play football (soccer for the americans :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and it really isn't that bad if you compare it to playing Rugby, which can be a lot worse to play. I still follow football but my main love is motorsport.

For all those not watching sports, your missing out on a lot of hot guys :lol:

#205 JustAnotherName, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  6. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol, now i know where the stereotype came from because like u ALL almost all hate sports. I love exercise, but that's just me.

And i do that AND theater and art, so i don't think being gay has to do with it, i think it's just a personality coincidence. Also, the environment u grow up in. U might grow up with a super sports dad, or maybe not.

7. curiousdude

I've always loved sports. I'm just not very good at them! It's tough when you're over 6 feet tall and everyone expects you to be good at b-ball....but hell, I was a top notch bench warmer in 9th grade.

8. SuperNovaRoamer

I am terrible at team sports or anything that involves a ball.

I really like 'sports' that I can do on my own though, like swimming, yoga and trampolining. I'm weird I know.

The thing that REALLY annoys me though, especially in Australia where seemingly the entire country is sports MAD, is the sheer amount of money that gets funnelled into sports. Meanwhile the sciences, arts and hospital systems (to name a few) are struggling. Priorities people!!

9. singtoh1

I don't really like sports but I understand why people do like them.

I don't understand why heteros find it so "butch" to play and watch sports though.
    Most sports are very homo-erotic.

10. Bryan44

Wow after reading everyone elses reply I feel lame.I love sports, especially baseball and basketball. I watch football, but dont understand some it. I played baseball, basketball,soccer, ran track, played tennis, football. I was a sport fanatic growing up. And i still play for fun now.

11. jcharles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm with Cameron on this.

I love playing sports. I played water polo, ran cross country and track, and volleyball. I don't play that often now that I'm in college but I make time to work-out at the pool or track. I love getting the adrenaline rush during a competition and getting into the zone -- when nothing can set you off track and the only thing you're thinking about is winning the game.

12. interstella

Dyspraxia + being born prematurely = FAIL AT SPORTS.

I do like going to the gym though :slight_smile:
    And I support Fulham :grin:

13. Daniel6

Same here. I love playing soccer. I have to admit i'm fast :grin:
    but i have watching sports unless the players are those handsome guys lol

14. someguy82

I'm sure if I had any athletic ability at all I would enjoy sports.

That said. I love playing volleyball, but I can never find anyone willing to play it.

15. NucciJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I loooove playing and watching all sports, except basketball and lacrosse. But im not an amazing athlete or anything like that

16. Dewey

I love watching sports live, not on TV. And I also like playing sports as long as I'm not playing with idiots. AKA people who play like if you lose a game you're going to go to hell.

17. donnie5

i dont mind sports i even payed football in high school cause im a pretty big guy i actually enjoys sports a lot. but i don't fit most gay stereotypes so maybe that's all it is

18. Miles D

sports = EW.

:lol:

19. STK

STK Guest

Hey, Steve, you don't have even one iota that lives down the street from a clue as to what you're talking about. I can't play sports because I am deaf in one ear, have poor eyesight, and have poor balance. Believe me, I tried to. I get hit in the face with the balls because I can't see them. And there are other ways to stay physically fit besides sports.

I like watching them with a group of friends from time to time, however.

20. No One

I dont like most sports i LOVE hockey. Hey those boys can get in those uniforms ll they want hopefully they take them off later =)