1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Guys: how do you feel about sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Jan 24, 2008.

1. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I don't know why most people here hate sports. I think its great. I find its better opening up the newspaper to the sports page to read of peoples acheivements rather than the depressing failures all over the front page (someone said that once i can't remember who but its good).
    So here is a list of sports I play,do, love watching
    Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey, Tennis, Javelin, Baseball, Softball, Triathlon, Cross Country (because it makes me feel happy, something to do with endorphins I think) Cricket, Handball and Touch rugby. I think thats about it but seriously I love sports because it helps me let off steam, unwind, take my mind off things and makes me better a working.

People who say it doesn't help pursuit of knowledge, flourishing of the arts, or development of the psyche just need to think about how much sport HAS given society. It forms communities, breaks down social barriers (like the divide between commoners and the wealthy), acts as a release for the people and makes them HAPPY, makes living life a whole lot better. Granted we do need flourishing of the arts but without sport so many people would live to work rather than work to live. (Sorry about the rant but I was so annoyed when someone said stuff about sport not doing anything)

Its helped me to be a hard worker a drive for perfection that I strive for. I remember going to a Touch game so depressed because of my closet status, study and assignments piling up and general work tension. I finshed that match and never felt better. I had this new vigour after and felt I could tackle anything. Seriously it helps so much and I think it has made me.

2. boredofnormal

I was always the nerdy choir boy...never had anyone at home particulary into sports. It just wasn't part of my life growing up and those habits tend to stick with you as you age. Other than getting to look at cute boys in uniforms....or better yet swim suits....sports never did anything for me.

3. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    TO ALL PEOPLE WHO HATE SPORTS!!!! . thanks very much for creating .. the sterotpyes..
    SPORTS ARE ECKING AMAZING[TO ALL THAT HATE SPORTS DONT START CRYING WHEN YOU GROW FAT....
    UTTERLY STUPID QUESTION

4. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm definitely not an ESPN-watching sports fanatic, and I got picked on in gym class because I was a)unpopular to begin with; and b)wasn't exceedingly super-excellent at sports, so kids automatically thought I had no potential (without even giving me a chance to improve). When I got older, though, I realized most of that was crap and that I liked sports more than I thought I did. I like individual sports more than team sports, and was on the swim team in middle school and part of high school. I'm one of those people who has a hard time sitting still for a long time (I either get antsy or tired) and couldn't survive without daily exercise.:icon_bigg I've moved indoors (into the gym) now that the weather's colder, but I LOVE biking through the woods and swimming in fresh water. Oh yeah, I did Karate and Judo for a little while in college- my first time sparring I was scared, but loved it from then on- that's something I might get back into.

5. musican

For me, the only sport I know how to actually play is soccer. I used to play on my school team, but I played defense, and defensemen were always blamed for losing a game, even if the offense never scored at all. People's egos made playing soccer not fun, it was always about winning, and who scored the goals, not who played well and if we played as a team. Even if we won, we didn't play our best, because we never played as a team so we could never be our best, we just got really lucky and capitalized on it.

For me, sports didn't break down any barriers on the field. Off the field, nobody from the team talked to me anyways so it was like I didn't exist. Other people who played football picked on me for playing "the gay sport" instead of football.

So unless you count dance as a sport, sports dont really do anything for me and I can understand why people don't like them.

6. Mestiz0

I'm not a big sports fan...like ESPN Football nights and stuff.

but i LOVE playing Tennis and watching Tennis. It's soo great. If my friends were to use one word to describe me, it would be Tennis....hahaha it's like a special adjective used just for me :lol:

7. Jacobs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really Hate Sports.

8. gaius

gaius Guest

i play field hockey for the mens uni team and theres already one openly gay guy on the team can you imagine the shock the captain will get when he finds theres two !

9. friendsvme

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really hate sports too!! :lol::lol:
    The only sport that I like is jogging!
    But lately I've been thinking of learning Archery though
    Don't know if that classifies as sport.

10. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i love most contact sports and tennis, but hate golf and baseball
    but as far as actually being able to play them - i dont think u can get worse than me - i cant even play cornhole of all things
    but yeah its pretty much a stereotype - seen but I'm a cheerleader?

11. Nitro

Sports are fun when (i) participation is voluntary, and (ii) people don't take things too seriously.

12. Peter

Same here. My parents were very sporty. My mother continues to have a brisk 30 minute swim every morning (she is 83). I have tried but get bored with it so quickly. I know and keep reminding myself that I need to get out there and do something, but always have an excuse to postpone it, like the fact that I need a nap.

13. Peter

I read somewhere that people who jog regularly live three years longer. They also spend approximately three years of their lives jogging. So, what's the point?

14. Miles D

Hate sports. No reason. They just suck.
    :grin:

15. george678

I hate sports!

16. Meropspusillus

I think I'm unreasonably violent towards sports when football gets in the way of my Sunday Night Simpsons.

17. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's a sport?

18. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Unless you've never behaved in any stereotypical way or done anything to fulfill any stereotype then that's a pretty unfair statement, everyone has some stereotypical tendencies. Doesn't make them any better or any worse then anyone else.
    And a lot of people who don't play sports still work out

19. Goliath

Lol, am I the only one who likes sports around here?

20. gaius

gaius Guest

nope i love hockey i was the captain last season and were top of the lague this season, see gay doesnt = bad at sport!