1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do you think of your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hollywood

I think its more things that spark it, like when I'm babysitting and I think "My family name is going to die with me." or when I see a cute guy in the hall and my gaydar goes of I think "God! I sooooo wish I was out of the closet for him!"

2. lodiug

Everytime...especialy when I'm at school and when I go to bed..

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should kill your manager. Talk about annoying!

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

A lot. A lot. A lot.
    I'll probably still think of my sexuality frequently until I come out to more and more people.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I think about it all the time, only I don't think about it as some kind of separate thing, like that my being gay is alien or apart from me. When I think, "Oh hot boy!" (which is pretty frequently when I'm out and about) there's nothing where I'm consciously going, "Oh I'm SO gay for thinking that!"

Likewise when I'm here, I think about stuff related to sexuality all the time but I don't consider that "thinking about my sexuality."

I do find it weird how some people seem to think it's this thing apart from them... like there was some way to compartmentalise it. I guess I shouldn't because I ostensibly did that for nearly 5 years before coming out, but really it wasn't compartmentalised so much as I spent 5 years ignoring the fact I was hot for guys. It wasn't like I wasn't hot for guys most of the time and then it burst loose from some kind of prison and I'd go on a hot for guys rampage or something. *giggle*

Like a friend of mine said, in a very deadpan email, me being gay is like him being Asian. It fits, it makes sense, it's just there. So to me I think about my sexuality pretty rarely, in any kind of "oh I'm gay and this is affecting what is going on around me or what I'm thinking about" way.

That's why I always roll my eyes when I hear people say, "Oh I'm gay but that's just a small part of who I am." Like seriously? You're kidding, right? Who you're attracted to is a small part of who you are? I dunno about them but whenever I meet straight people, seems like they are their sexuality and their sexuality is them. In fact it seems to me that holding your sexuality away from you and trying to convince people it's some kind of minor inconsequential thing is exactly what makes it into a huge deal.

Who we're attracted to and not attracted to influences pretty much every single relationship we have, so to say that being gay (or being straight) is a small part of who someone is seems nonsensical to me. Not only is there the whole attraction thing, there's also the whole way you feel about yourself and your role in society as a result of your sexuality. Now it's true that maybe straight people are super-blind to the fact that their sexuality is all-influencing because society tends to be pretty sex-negative and rationality is valued ubër alles, and heterosexuality is so normalised that it somehow seems like it doesn't exist (when it fact it exists all around us 24/7), but that's because straight people never have to question their sexuality.

So really what you have is a bunch of straight people pretending their sexuality doesn't really exist as a separate thing and a bunch of gay people pretending theirs is this totally separate entity-type thing... and well, it's fucked up. But then, if there is anyway in which straight people and gay people are exactly alike (and there are many), it would be that we're all pretty fucked up when it comes to sex. :lol:

6. Stevie J

i think about it pretty much all the time. everyday. at least once an hour. so like 12-16 times a day. it's kind of hard not to think about it, ya know. i mean we're in our sexual peaks so it's going to be one of the prominent things in our heads.
    i think it would be neat if we came with an on/off switch for that kind of stuff so that we could pick the times to be normal and easy going and not have to have sexuality hanging in the back our of minds. (what a big sentence!)

7. n1ck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends on my mood / what is going on around me.

When i get time to be on my own, I like to sit and think about random things and listen to music.

Obviously, my sexuality is a huge part of me so I'm often thinking about it somehow.

8. MatthewJS

I think about it everyday or once I see attractive men

9. Black Ink32

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd say when it's around friends and family members and discussion revolves around homosexuals or church. Also because I'm still in the closet to them. Pretty much when I see really sexy people, lol.

10. secretguyX

I used to think of it constantly all day, mostly because I was so worried over it.

Now, I probably think of it a few times a day, but hardly. I mean yeah, I may think, "That girl's really hot" or something, but that thought's now just as common as, "That guy's really hot", so I'm not really thinking of my sexuality much.

11. Mobiusponder

Honestly, I don't really. It's pretty set. I think about the results of it, I guess? I think about my gender a lot more - it's uncomfortably in flux.

12. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in the process of coming out and trying stuff, I thought about it constantly. That lasted for several months, and then it was over and I settled. Now I only think about it occasionally.

13. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest, pretty much every day at this point since I don't have much else going on in my life at the moment. Probably part of the reason I've doubted so much, though that seems to be slowly subsiding as I, myself, become more comfortable with it.

Can only hope it remains that way, if not more so, once I actually get my life going again . . .

14. FJ Cruiser

It depends on how busy I get. If I'm busy, not really a factor. I've found myself forgetting for most of the day, only to think about wanting a boyfriend and how the whole gay thing gets in the way of that. It might not make sense to some people, but I'm comfortable enough with my orientation that I can find myself attracted to guys or thinking about those things which guys think about supposedly every 10 seconds without it striking me as gay. I think I could even have a boyfriend without it ever striking me as gay.

If I have a lot of free time, though, it almost never leaves my mind. I also think of it when I think of how to go about finding a boyfriend.

15. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

For me I've been thinking about it a lot lately, all day every day, well not quite that much but i've only just recently come out to a couple people so it's been on my mind a lot

16. Silvails52

I think about it a lot. Mostly when I'm by myself (which happens to be a lot) and when my family starts talking about girls to me. :dry:

Besides, I'm finding myself lurking here all the time. :lol:

17. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone buried in the closet I think about it alot.

18. Mercy

Mercy Guest

every day n all the time

19. anonymous1

too often... :frowning2: I hope I can stop thinking about it. ALL. THE. TIME.

20. dreamcatcher

Constantly :/