1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autism Spectrum Disorders and Transgenderism

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 3, 2014.

1. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I'm a mildly wimpy partially independent Indian man and I TOTALLY AGREEEEEEE

Can my transpie be pecan? I luuuuurve pecan pie

2. PeculiarChild

Is it trans-pee or trans-pi?

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2014 at 11:24 PM ----------

You know, this site is really great because I get to talk to people without them hearing my voice. The whole backwards thing makes it so I talk funny (especially about topics of interest), and I don't meet people by myself willing to talk to me. Other than Jackie. But he's kind of like a transpie, only instead a very accepting gay-aspie (gayspie?).

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one present in this forum with speech problems.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Many kids with high-functioning autism or Asperger's Syndrome have difficulties using language appropriately.
    [​IMG]
    ^That describes me pretty much perfectly! :lol:
    What is Pragmatic Language Impairment?

I have a formal diagnosis for this condition (from a legit doctor and everything!), and I think I have a relatively mild case, but I'm not really sure.

#123 An Gentleman, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  4. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I get teased for my "Victorian Gentleman" style of speech. I also tend to speak in a monotone at times, or use weird fake inflection. I learned how to speak really fast, though....

#aspiespeechprobs

5. Ryu

Ryu

I had a dream where I closed my anime tab on my phone without remembering what episode I was on... That is a nightmare for me...

6. PeculiarChild

I do not even understand what that means... I understand Thomas the Train, not actual normal grown-up (or teenager) things.

7. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Oooooo I like WordGirl!! And Kenny the Shark :grin: Kenny is frickin' AMAZING

8. PeculiarChild

I LOVE WordGirl. She taught me a word I didn't know once. LAST YEAR!

9. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Eh WordGirl's never done that for me - they don't call me "Lyman the Dictionary" for nothin' - but I frickin' LOVE her. She's just so badass, I cry with joy every time she's on TV!!

*ahrrm* in a really manly way, of course

10. PeculiarChild

I love Disney movies! My heart leaps whenever I'm allowed to watch Netflix because of Mulan! And Thomas the Tank Engine. And Sky Dancers. And Spongebob. Oh my god, SPONGEBOB!

11. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I have a headcanon that Mulan is FTM and Shang is gay.

SPONGEBOB I GREW UP ON THAT!!!!!!!! (!)(!)(!)(!) WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?!

12. PeculiarChild

I am not the only one? I said this to my sister, and she told me "that sort of thing didn't exist back then". Oh, okay. Maybe they weren't prominent or proud or they were killed silently for honor, but they existed. That's like saying there were no autistic children then.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! ABSORBENT AND YELLOW AND POROUS IS HE?

13. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Actually, queerness was fairly accepted in ancient Chinese society. Multiple emperors were gay, from what I can recall. And transliness TOTALLY EXISTED ALL THROUGHOUT HUMAN HISTORY. There just wasn't a name for it.

One of my favorite historical figures is Albert Cashier. He was born as Jenny Hodges, fought in the American Civil War (presenting as male), and lived for many years as a man. Finally, he went senile, was chucked into an asylum, and "found out" as FAAB. They made him wear a dress - but he was so unused to them, he tripped over the skirt and broke his.... hipbone, I think, which led to his death.

Actually, my favorite Civil War general, Stonewall Jackson, is thought to have had Aspergers. (!)

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! WHEN NAUTICAL NONSENSE IS SOMETHING YOU WISH-

(I may get some lyrics wrong, it's been aaaages)

14. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im not sure about the mulan cannon but sometimes when i was younger i had strange dream that steve from blues close went mtf and became my mom.

15. PeculiarChild

There's this scientist guy named Alan L. Hart, and I love him. He practically live his entire life as male, even though he was born before 1900. He was the first FTM to get a psychiatrist's aid in gender reassignment surgery, and the first documented case in America to undergo FTM surgery. He got married to women (2 or 3, not sure),. He also wrote books and short stories and did tuberculosis research on X-rays. He died in the early 1960's.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! THEN DROP ON THE DECK AND FLOP LIKE A FISH!

16. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Whoa, he sounds awesome. I need to look him up :grin:

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!! doodlidoodadoodoodoo

17. PeculiarChild

YOU FORGOT THE "READY"!!!! MY LIFE IS SAD!

He is on Wikipedia. I was doing a self project where I wrote in my best cursive (which is pretty good thanks to OT) a bunch of successful LGBT+ people on an index card in bright colors, with names of hate crime victims in black around the edges.

#137 PeculiarChild, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  18. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

NOOOOO PLEASE FORGIVE ME :bang:

Ooooo thanks, I'll look him up! Hah, my handwriting - cursive or otherwise - looks like spider poop. And not in a good way.

(Is there ever a "good way" for spider poop to look?)

19. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    spider poop looks great on the front of the westboro baptist church

20. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

#DAMN #ohsnap

ALSO ON THE HEADS OF THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS *dances away* (!)(!)(!)(!)