Is everyone bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Omla, Feb 9, 2013.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

:lol: I know right. It's a really silly wording argument got out of hand.

2. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

:roflmao: Forever alone. I'm surrounded by all these pretty straight girls.

---------- Post added 10th Feb 2013 at 09:38 AM ----------

You can be aroused by someone, not necessarily by their gender, but bcuz ppl like sex. I saw a comment on the thread asking homosexuals if they had ever had sex with the opposite gender and one guy said he liked the blow job, not bcuz a girl was doing it, but bcuz of the way she was doing it.

3. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Forever alone. :tears:

4. I feel both of your pain (*hug*)

5. Omla

Hi,
    I'd like to respond to your last few thoughts.

I'd be really curious what you think of my response,
    Too.

1. A bisexual male in a straight marraige could be unhappy
    For a variety of reasons.

-his sexual Id confusion and resultant (and highly likely)
    low self esteem may have led him someone he wasn't that into.

-he likely is turned on both sex in different ways,
    Meaning that fulfilling his attraction to say women may not satisfy his passions for men.
    I believe bisexuals can be monogamous however I do not think that forgoing the sexual activity with the currently "inactive" gender is an easy thing to manage.
    I personally get very diff things from men and women though I am pretty monigamous, and it does result conflict (to say the least).

- the above probably includes my views about the other issues you raised in the last paragraph.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 07:47 AM ----------

Thanks for your response to my post!

6. knine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People are born with their sexuality just like their hair color, and while the majority of people a probably some shad in between. Some people really have blonde hair, and some have black black hair.

7. alberz

alberz Guest

I’m at least one counter-example. I tend to be attracted to the same things, whether in guys or in girls, so gender doesn’t really play a role. I’ve never felt a desire to be with ‘a guy’ or ‘a girl’, only the desire to be with specific individuals, who can be either guys or girls. I suppose you could say that makes me ‘pansexual’, but these labelling games seem a bit silly to me.

Actually, when I’m crushing on a guy, far from missing girls, I tend to lose interest in them (and in other guys), and vice-versa if I’m crushing on a girl. I suppose there’s some similarity with heterosexual males, where there are sort of two types. Some are naturally faithful without trying, once they find the right partner, whilst others have to struggle against the urge to have sex with different people all the time.

8. Phil

Phil Guest

I was never attracted to girls. If i'm Bi, i'm a very picky Bi that doesn't have found the right girl yet... lol

9. KingdomKeyDK

I don't personally think everyone is a bisexual, but I think you may be asking for "bi-curious." Everyone has thoughts about being with the same sex sometimes, but no, everyone is not bi.

10. jdeb1992

Same problem here! Hot straight guys and hot homo/bi phobic girls.

11. Deaf Not Blind

No that idea is not stupid, it is a valid question. Because gays are adamantly gay, and straight insist we are all really straights, it is fine to question that "norm" and ask the hypothetical question: Could everybody be at least a tad bisexual? If anybody is so strongly opposed to that question that they call it stupid...thus hinting the OP is stupid for thinking/asking it...I begin to question that person's true sexuality. Like a gay in denial will get defensive, ya know? Aren't genuine questions all fair and reasonable to ask? :confused:

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 09:46 AM ----------

Hmm..playing devils advocate here: to the eye, but under a microscope color is actually what? Nobody likely has a true black...even the Asians...because there are bluish and yellowing and ruddy tones creating the illusions of black in nature oftentimes. Artists who paint a "black" person never use actual black oil paint.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 09:49 AM ----------

I struggle with straight men hitting on me and cute girls who are lesbians and disappear as soon as I reinforce 3 times I am a guy (no i aint been in a lesbian bar why would i? but if it counts i was once in a really gay men's bar? *she never texts me again*) ...transgender guys don't get to date right gender peeps until after a lot of suffering. :frowning2:

12. Reptillian

What about behaviors? Psychologists have already determined that it is not entirely due to inheritance. This is already shown by observations of twins which has different behaviors when raised in different environments and other observations.

Here's some evidence that sexuality is not necessarily a inborn trait.

http://www.psych.utah.edu/people/files/diamond54a5.pdf
    http://midus.wisc.edu/findings/pdfs/1153.pdf
    Same-sex attraction in a birth cohort: prevalenc... [Soc Sci Med. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
    Sexual orientation in a U.S. national sample... [Am J Psychiatry. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI

13. Minx

14. Gen

Gen

Yes, every question is. However, Mogget refered to the idea, or proclamation, as stupid. The difference in saying "Is everyone bi?" or "Everyone is Bi.". Mogget was not at all refering to the OP or even his question as necessarily stupid, if there is a question to be had, than it is definitely valid. Though the statement of this idea that everyone is bisexual is certainly ignorant, or stupid.

Similar to saying that every asexual individual has to be slightly into sex. Nothing is constant in regards to attraction and sexuality. Personally, I love women, I respect them as people, but nothing is happening here for them. Nothing.......

15. Omla

I know the prob well bro!

16. knine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It may be a bad metaphor,:slight_smile: but to go with it some people may not really be "gay." Buts maybe its gay enough that they don't notice they are just a little bi over all that gay.

I don't understand. none of seems like evidence that sexuality is an environmental result. That one twin study said "Biometrical twin modeling suggested that sexual orientation was substantially influenced by genetic factors, but family environment may also play a role." Someone would have to tell me, because I don't know, but the leading theory right now, as far as I know, is that sexuality is determined by prenatal hormones. not genes specifically. I don't know how that would would work with twins.

#76 knine, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  17. Reptillian

Regarding prenatal hormone hypothesis, CAH and the lesbian study link (I saw it before you had to buy the document, oh well. Param search- CAH and bisexuality and lesbian), it is questionable to assert that prenatal hormones determines one's sexuality as the Kinsey scores shows some small degree of correlation showing room for other causes and not to mention it appears that preferences do raise some questions as we know that there are issues on what determines sexuality. Those link regarding fluid sexuality needs explanation other than prenatal hormones. It could be due to epigenetics and that's where sexuality researchers are moving into. It could also be due to neurological changes. The effects of prenatal hormone is modest, but not a determiner as studies have also shown that people who go against the correlated findings do exist.

#77 Reptillian, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  18. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I had a "bi phase" from ages 11-14, before my true sexual orientation emerged completely. But I think most post-puberty have a very rigid, unchanging orientation and that bisexuality appears within a minority of people. I see this in my everyday life. Like others have said, if most were bi they would have had a lot more open-minded people in their school down for some same-sex "activity." But that's not the case. My friends are straight. I'm gay (not out). All I see in my everyday life are people with very rigid, unchanging, black & white sexualities. I know of some guys who are openly gay. It's black & white for them. If most people were bi, why would the LGBT community get so upset when the religious right says "gay is a choice?" Why would you see such dismal numbers for reparative/conversion therapy? Why would you see all these gay men forcing themselves into straight marriages and divorcing because they couldn't take it anymore? These examples do call into question this idea that sexuality is fluid, can change, and that most are bi to some degree. I also question the validity of the Kinsey Scale. I don't believe sexual orientation is the same as food tastes or food preferences... It's much more extreme and deep rooted, closely linked to the sex drive.

19. Omla

How much of the prob has to do with LABEL issues?

20. Omla

I think perhaps everyone IS bi in the sense that sexuality is not just
    About what gives the greatest physical pleasure but may also relate to the
    Dynamics of ones personality as it relates to both sexes.

We define things because our thinking brains
    Require to generalize about concepts in the process of running our life.

I think for SOME pref or orient may be a choice, but too live your life you have to
    Kind of tell people who you are and what they can expect.