1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are gay ppl often to be smart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Grantious

me not smart much
    :-D

2. SpikySpice

Yeah I notice my friends, gay or straights , they all are smart/intelligent

But if you confirm that gay peopel are smart, I think 1 reason is cuz they sometimes feel teh pressure from society, like racism, so they gotta do better job then straight, have more better qualities

I used to be a nerd, I got straight As, but that's not cuz Im gay, that's soemthign else

And this akes me feel it's like a stereotypes "Gay People Are Smarty" lol but that's a good one

3. chrisb

i think were often more smart worldly and about whats really going on..... may not be smartest in the world who knows

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have noticed the people that are more likely to understand and accept sexual orientation and gender identity are more educated.

5. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was oblivious to this stereotype until I read it in another thread.

I'm definitely an overachiever in school, but I don't consider myself very street smart. But this may pertain to my social awkwardness...

If gays tend to be smart, it's interesting that gays statistically earn less money than heterosexuals.

6. Keegan1

i didnt have a 4.0 until i 6th grade when i found out i was gay maybe a coincidence

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I think there may be something to do this...at a younger age it was my intelligence that separated me from others...now its my sexuality...maybe those who spend alot of time confused with their sexuality turn to books and philosophical solutions to their problems....idk

8. jazzrawr

Well, I guess you could say i'm smart...I've stayed on honour roll with over 80% average every report card since grade 8, and I'm in all academic (highest level) classes.

But i don't try to be, I mean...I don't study XD
    It's a bad habit. But i do well on tests without studying.

Except math. :|
    The only math equation i understand is Math + Me = DEATH. XD

9. grapevine fires

In all honesty, everyone has the potential. Marks at school are useless numbers used to each individual's intelligence based on the general learning pattern. Each person learns differently, and is stimulated academically in different ways than their peers. It also depends on how much effort one is willing to put into work. If they don't enjoy it, they won't put as much effort into it.

I don't get the best marks because I don't put in the effort. I don't like what I learn at school, and I would much rather be doing what I love than pointless things that I'll never need in my future.

I guess this has nothing really to do with the topic, but a lot of heterosexual people that I know are brilliant, as well as a lot of homosexual people. Like I said, everyone has the potential to do well, it's just the people who grasp at that intelligence that get it.

10. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Damn you! I have an IQ of 137. . .

11. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

I'm smart, but I can be really lazy and I lack common sense.

12. Beebo

IQ test are to Intelligence, as boobies are to the front side of my ass.

Take from that what you will, but honestly, I don't put much stock into those tests...

Gay people I'd say are more enlightened to a degree, because those of them that come to grips with themselves, and deal with the loads of struggles so early in life, are forced to mature morally, ethically, and spiritually way faster. I think that is why there are so many gay vegitarians/humanitarians/social workers/romantics... On the other hand, those gay people who never settle the problems that they encounter early on, take the opposite road of growth, and begin to delve into the world of drugs and partying and alcohol and sex with multiple partners, never allowing themselves to mature properly by looking their shitty life in the face, and saying "I won't let some crap stop me from being what I know I can be".

Take the hard road; Be a Buddha.

13. touch me

touch me Guest

i started to understand critical thinking in college. prior learning was an excercise in memory, not intellect. i think educators need to help people freely think and less TESTING.

14. TheSuburbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be able to accept being gay is something that takes at least a bit of intelligence to do.

15. Bryan90

Premise 1 - The more you think, the smarter you are.
    Premise 2 - Gay people spend a lot of time pondering and thinking. Especially sometimes when they have inner arguments on whether being gay is right or wrong.

Conclusion: Gay people are smarter.

There.. a thesis :lol:

16. Charme

Charme Guest

OH! i'm exactly like you. except i'm really good at math and not very good at art... :dry: Gonna be taking honors classes in sophomore year then AP in junior and senior :]

As for the question, I think we have to be smart to figure out we're gay. Although, there are some pretty dumb people out there...

17. Helen

Helen Guest

I am fairly smart when I want to be :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I can be very lazy and still do quite well in tests, and all my GCSEs are higher level (I did French a year early :grin:)

Maths is my greatest nemesis though, I have never gotten my head around it and I never will.

18. Pancake

i got the highest maths and science sats test results in yr6 and am now in a grammer school.....meh...

19. Poring

Wait till you get to the hard maths! lol jk.. but really :confused:

I don't think being a homosexual has anything to do with it. Maybe we're just more wise and stuff, but I don't think that when one is gay, there's like a switch in the brain that turns on the super-high-performance modules and stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Though my classmate, probably the smartest in our class, acts gay! omg gasp.

20. iNinjaTeddyBear