1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are gay ppl often to be smart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Dec 11, 2007.

1. calamus

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    As you say, Connick, there are all sorts of things that could affect the data. The college educated are more likely to be white and to reside in metropolitan areas -- groups that also report higher rates of gay sex. The noncollege are more likely to be in small towns and rural areas, where there is less opportunity and more homophobia. Also, as with all surveys, there is the problem of response bias -- socially acceptable behaviors are always over-reported and socially unacceptable behaviors under-reported -- so I think the figures reported for all groups are too low.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

As a generalisation, less well educated people are more likely to get manual jobs in things like construction and manufacturing, where homophobia is likely to be higher and people are much more likely to be alienated or victimised for being gay. So gays are more likely to remain closeted, possibly even to themselves.

I have installed equipment in steel mills etc in a previous job and they are certainly not the sort of place I would want to let anyone know I was gay - even as a contractor.

3. crimsonarcher

4 Bs,1 A, and one A+

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think so, I am in 3 honors courses and all the gay people I know are very smart

5. I wish I was smart-er, but my grades have fallen waaaaaaaaay behind since I stared high school, mainly because all the mixed problems I had and only because of my lack of attendance. But somehow I always get "good" grades all that stopped be from being top of the class was, like I said, my attendance. This year will be different though, at least I hope it will or I get kicked out of my classes.
    I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Literature, Maths A - the lower level maths only because the higher level means I'd have to take another separate class as well, and Psychology. I'm sure my grades will be bad for the first few weeks until I get he chance to catch up on what I missed during my rough patch.

6. Vampyrecat

I hate to say it but I am a nerd.
    I top english, maths, science, art. pretty much anything except cooking and sport.
    I'm a year younger then all my VCE classmates, and I'm in year ten. I'm the ONLY year 10 in my VCE classes. and all the kids in my VCE classes were in my prep for vce maths and science classes last year, and they hated me cos I was younger then them, smaller and less significant, but smarter then they were. I'm at end of year 12 english level, and I'm a year ten. YAya for nerds.
    One day, the nerds will rise up against the stupidity of the masses.

but No I think that anybody can be smart, it just depends on how you think about your school work. I enjoy school, so I do well. I know a guy who hates school and does badly because he thinks he's crap at school. But he's actually really smart. And Straight. But cos he thinks he's dumb, he does badly in class. I don't think it has anything to do with sexuality. Although sometimes, the ditzy straight girls with minds on sex will continue to disprove my theory about school.

So yes, I am a nerd.

7. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    rofl all you guys might be really smart, of which im really jealous, but i suck in school, dont even get me started on my grades....:tears:

8. apg33

apg33 Guest

lol I'm a pretty big nerd too, the courses i'm taking this year are: Advanced Functions, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, English, and programming. The few gay people i know are pretty smart too

9. Nodnarb

Yeah, I'm a nerd too. And a band geek! I get all A's (five A+'s and 3 A's last semester) and I'm #1 out of 168 in my class. So yeah...I guess I'm smart...

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i have been called a "boffin" too many times to count. sighs.

11. STK

STK Guest

Well I got all A's and B's last semester and I got an 1800 on my PSAT. And the one guy whom I know for sure is gay is very intelligent.

12. sdc91

You got an 1800 on your PSAT? :confused:

13. STK

STK Guest

Yes, apparently so. All that reading I've done over the years has payed off I guess. I have an A in French too.

14. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm smart, but I'm really lazy. :dry:
    I get straight A's easily. (!)
    But I lose interest after the first semester. :icon_sad:

15. Keegan1

well i got straight A's and did get to join some world traveling thing for smart people

16. Brett

Yeah I get straight A's without really trying. And I get a bunch of letters from colleges and crap. But I act sooooo blonde.

17. sexyalex

xDD:roflmao:

18. sexyalex

i hardly study and i am top History student in my school. Top biology student as well. and for 2 years straight i got food and nutrition award soo...idk if it's all gay people or some....but that's me out of 310 students in my year.

19. Defender

Defender Guest

I don't think so, what about all of the smart straight people?

20. chrisb

Ummm we're gay doesn't make us more intelligent or less intelligent.....it all varys person to person...... but we can agree we're smarter then all the homophobes lol