1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are gay ppl often to be smart?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Guest

so i belive tht i actually do fit this pattern,

i have:

an IQ of 163, well varies between 158 and 169 according to the 6 mensa tests i did,

i was also in the top 0.5% of the population in standardised tests, (including english at one point which really confused me lol) that has dropped abit with the school im in to about the top 25% ish but im still one of the top in the class.

2. Jim1454

^^^^ Holy crap! Aparently some are down right brilliant! (6 mensa tests?!?)

The whole 'latin thing' was another good demonstration! Wow... used to think that

Smart = Me = Gay (!)

Now I'm not so sure! :dead:

At least I'm in good company! :eusa_clap

3. Tom

Tom Guest

yeh 6, i had one a month as i told em i wanted the tests done and averaged out to get a better result as my iq does change alot, the more i play games the higher it is strangely enough, mabe as my games need way 2 much concentration if u plan on keepin a track on everythin like i do. and i have a good memory so tests tht have a larger memory section i do better in =]

the first test was because my aunt took one and got 156, she said tht i shud have a go at one to them so they thought 'why not' gave me one to complete, i sent it back to the address they gave me and scored 165 on my first test, this is high enough to enter mensa and so i took a supervised test and got like 161 ish which is 1 less than whats needed for mensa officially but ive just been taking the tests tht they send to me (i did get on well with one of the people so she doesnt mind sending the tests)

and an edit to the first post of mine:

i should be gettin into the top 10% atleast this year as we now have stab;e teachers tht r good

#43 Tom, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  4. Bryan90

Perhaps biologically, gays in general, have a natural aptitude in mathematics, sciences and logic while straights in general have other inherent talents? Like sports? or human relations?

Back in highschool, my english teacher did mention that the gays she know are all very intelligent. (Random fact: I was kind of freaked as she was staring right at me. She kind of had an inkling about my aberrant sexuality.)

But then again, I believe every human being is special in a way. "Smart" is only a label used by society to define those who are endowed with the skills in which society deems useful.

5. InaRut

True that.
    Xept I think most gays are good with human relations too. Techincally if you look at it anthropologically...Man (like animals) during the early developmental ages usually attracted the other sex with strength, rather then intellegence. Afterall it's the strongest that survives according to Charles Darwin. So maybe because gays don't feel that primal need to be stronger and better then the other males they can focus on other things.

That's a long shot though.

6. Youngn0323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When it comes to academics.... i am not the brightest of light bulbs. I can get by with a B in most of my classes, but I am super bad ass at art :eusa_danc

7. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

At the same time there is definitely a significant population of LGBT people who err on the side of creative with immense artistic talent or otherwise. I really don't think that sexual orientation and intelligence are linked in any way. The recent experiment with the fruit flies, whose gene for homosexuality can be turned on and off at the will of the researchers, provides significant evidence that the genes are probably not relatd. If anything I would say that if gays are indeed smarter in general (which is an enormous generalization to begin with), it is a product of society. For instance, a gay student in high school is less likely to have a significant romantic relationship that may distract them from their studies. Also, as many people have stated, there's the thought of gay students trying to compensate to their parents for their "flaw" by excelling academically.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, what Darwin posited was that the most ADAPTABLE survives, which is not at all the same thing as the strongest. Otherwise humanity would have died out long, long ago.

9. urbansamurai

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ah, but Nietzsche argues that more often than not the traits that make people more adapatble are also the ones that make them ostracized more often and lead to the eradication of such traits by the lesser people who do not posess them.

10. Bryan90

It has actually already been proven that sexual orientation has nothing at all, if not little, to do with genes. [The identical twin study where one is gay and the other not]. But then again, I believe that there is much more to the innate human nature than genetics. Destiny? Que Sera Sera? Oh bullocks.

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I consider myself to be quite smart. Everyone always tells me that, and I always get high scores on standardized tests.

12. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I'm pretty smart. I'm not a smart ass though.

13. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I don't think it's just necessarily to their parents, I think it's to everyone in general. I'm currently ranked 15 out of 950 (950 is the number of people in my grade), and the only people I'm behind are the Asian immigrant kids from Japan, Korea. That's getting off topic, but they're generally way more intelligent than Americans. Anyway, I always believed that I do so well because I feel like I need to prove to everyone that I can be just as good, if not better, than them.

14. Urman

Urman Guest

same lol

15. Nicknikko

i really feel you guys are so smart.. ahhh
    i can barely understand all this topics you guys talk about.. T_T haha

16. Kimi

I know!!!!

Some people's post are like extract from dictionary!! And you guys are all in AP classes and other smart classes or activities...I sometimes feel so dump:dry:

But that's just me because I'm not that good at academic:lol:

17. That was a reason among many which motivated me to do well academically. Back when I considered it a "flaw"

18. calamus

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    In a survey by the National Center for Health Statistics conducted in 2002 (Advance Data Number 362) the proportion of males ages 22 to 45 who reported ever having anal or oral sex with another male was higher among the college educated than among the noncollege, and lowest among those who had not completed high school.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but that doesn't prove much because it could be that more college-educated guys have sex with other guys because colleges tend to be more liberal places than most other environments. Or that the factors that prevent someone from completing high school (which is not necessarily intelligence) could also prevent someone from embracing a non-straight sexual orientation.

It is an interesting set of statistics, however! Go college! :icon_twis

20. waitingsucks

That's because all the dumb ppl are straight, duhh!!!