1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NickT, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Gambit

My sub expires tomorrow

2. secretstache09

Pretty much this. My game time ran out yesterday and I don't plan on renewing anytime soon. It was fun while it lasted.

3. Troy

omg first i just gotta say the new expansion blizz did was awesome,, the new startings for worgen and goblin are much for detailed and elaborate thn in the previous adventures. the new zoning , spells , and talents are very creative as well. with the fact of cap only advancing 5 lvls , archaelogy was a very smart move giving cap lvls another thing to accomplish. the new instances and raid are awesome! good idea on makign the reg harder( WOLTK was too easy) and adding heroic modes to old vanilla instances was a new and refreshing face. but even though blizz has added all the awesomeness that we know as cataclysm, they need better cusommer service, like the one patch tht was uncompatable for the intel model whtever it was,, i lost a desktop to that. and the fact that im in china for somereason pisses them off and they think its fun to lock my account every other week. and thn i have to wait till like 1 in the monring to call them to get it back up. i would think they would make it easier for a person who has 3 accounts ($45 a month) to get their account back up and running.... but beside all tht bitchin they did awesome lol xD

4. Gambit

Has anyone tried Rift? If so, did you like it better than WoW?

5. frostreaver

From the few minutes I've played, it's quite similar to WoW. Even the keybinds for everything are exactly the same (ie. n is talents, p is spellbook) lol. There's like 8 talent trees for each of the 4 classes and you get to pick 3 for your role (heal, tank, dps) so there's a lot more class combinations.

6. Tim

Tim

I think I just passed the "You have absolutely no life" point. >_>

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6587/blay.png

(To Mods: Everything that can be link to me has been blacked out.)

Yea... -.-; And surprisingly, I really could quit tomorrow and have no issues, lol.

7. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    But quitting after all that would make all that work worth nothing D:

I don't know how you do it, I'm struggling to even make a 2nd character, and I'm going through Kalimdor instead of Eastern Kingdom. What's your secret? Because dungeons keep aggravating me (I preferred healing cause I'm terrible at DPS, and every group seems to move at a snails pace compared to the people in heroics) but questing just seems so boring!

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Welcome to the addiction of World of Warcraft...btw, quite large accomplishements you have there Tim.xD
    I take months off from WoW... Like now for example, I haven't played in like a month.lol

9. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I played WoW for three years until about a month after Cata came out. I loved the game before then (I was a little tired of the drama, but I had a blast healing and tanking instances). After Cata was released it made everyone - who wasn't already - a COMPLETE elitist dickhead. While I was DPS'ing in one of the new instances I had to get up to take my BC pill so I missed out on some mob or something and didn't do what was required of my class (priest) so some jerk told me to learn to play. He told me I failed at WoW so I told him he failed at life and I would rather fail at a stupid game than fail at life and I left. lol. I was like, I can't take it anymore: the drama, the negativity, the teenagers acting like assholes over pixels/the thievery...etc. I quit two months ago and haven't looked back.
    I had over 37k gold (gave it the first low level player I ran into) a crap load of Cata gems (mailed them to the first jewelcrafter I saw) and sold everything else in the AH for one copper (you should have seen how fast everything sold. lol).
    I had some really kickass toons and was sad to delete them but I know I will never, ever play that game again.

10. Arex

Haven't played in 2 months goin on 3 for retail, play some private servers here and there for vanilla wow, its just that cataclysm is still too easy and the amount of dumb players is rising every day, elitists and people who think they are above everyone and everything that nothing is there fault. The heroics were very fun, though easy, the mechanics were easy and not very challenging at all if you had everyone doing what they needed to do, oh theres a rumbling under me? Better get out of it!

All in all, I don't like this expansion very much, yes it's alot like vanilla but it's not in a way, things are easier to accomplish and heroics are easy, raids I don't know about and don't really care to know about.

11. Neoh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dunno who you guys are playing with

More often than not the people I play with are very friendly. Yea, sometimes I run into dicks (mostly around the 40-60 levels it seems...) but I've actually been surprised by how friendly most people were. When I would be healing a heroic for the first time most everyone was fairly patient (you can't expect them to stay after 4-5 wipes). And if the people in my groups are dicks I just stay quiet and ignore the drama. One of the things that keeps me playing WoW is how friendly most of the community is.

12. Arex

Just a little hint here mate, we get grouped with random people and alot of them are dicks, way too many from my perspective that outweigh the good players, and 4 or 5 wipes at this point in the game in heroics is unacceptable, they really are easy.