1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NickT, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

The Random System unfortunately is packed with players who do not know what they are doing or have any idea what the dungeons is about. So if Blizz wanted to implement this new idea of Heroics, then they should think more about the Random System. To achieve certain rewards is it necessary to use it and most players use it, without any knowledge of the dungeon. I most of the time run it with G-Members, but I really do not get extra badges to do it with them, as I would with the Random System.

What are you supposed to do? Kick the random players out of the party if they are not listening and dying; putting at risk the entire party? And now it is important for all members of a party to be alive, as to complete them it requires party cohesion...what do you with one of them dead?

It is true you can kick them. Wait, you can't kick them in the first 15minutes of the run and also you cannot kick more than one person(Vote to kick more than one).

=) I think they should take GS or achievements into account when pairing people into Random Dungeons...And I don't mean pairing low GS with high ones.

2. TheWanderer

Yes, yes it is. I wish I had a way around this but, I have had terrible experiences with guilds. So Im stuck with such a fail system.

3. Tim

Tim

I would quit in a heartbeat.

It's pretty much telling people not to play more than 1 character. One of my characters has like, 3100 Achievement points, whereas every other one has ~1k.

Then Gearscore... I'm happy Blizzard is not happy with it. They're supposedly taking steps to prevent the add on from being able to work.

They already take into account the itemlevel of gear when it comes to the Cataclysm dungeons, and the last lich king dungeons.

4. frostreaver

/wrist

I got kicked for the first time today in Heroic Grim Batol because the dps fails killing the malignent trogg away from the boss, giving the boss 100% damage buff and making the tank impossible to heal. Also, the tank can't pick up adds and let the dps take so much damage. They were all from the same fucking fail Dark Iron server.

5. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

xD Don't you hate when the noobs team up on you for the kick?

Anyhows, no plans to create a guild? :tears: I'm do not totally comprehend the extent of the rules here in EC,so I am not sure if any rules would be broken by creating one. Anyone knows?

6. Tim

Tim

I believe we were told not to talk about one in this thread. Even if one was being made.

Anyway, 84 on my mage now. I love the Vashj'ir storyline, it's quite amazing. The scenery of the first 2 zones there is amazing as well. XD

Then Deepholm... Story is meh. Not bad, but not good either. XD I love the fight mechanics on some of the enemies there though. Scenery is also dull. I do love the Gyreworms though. XD If they're ever tameable, I'm dual speccing my hunter to Beast Mastery to get one. XD

#106 Tim, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

As far as I understand it you can say that you are creating a guild, but you can't mention publicly the server or name of the guild. You can tell people that are interested to PM you if they want the info, though.

I might be wrong though. Whoever is really interested in getting this going just send a PM to one of the admins to get all the specifics :slight_smile:

#107 TheEdend, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Who is in for a WoW Guild? =)
    I will create it and everything... Server, I still don't know. I will think about it(no Proudmoore...)
    Do you guys have a preference for PVP or Normal server?

9. maverick

I'm in, shoot me a PM por favor. Proudmoore is full anyway.

My main is an orc warrior, level 20, but I probably won't play that character in this guild because I play with someone in RL and I'm already in a guild on my current server. So I'm open to making a new character based on EC guild necessity (tank, dps, heals, etc...). I'm not that experienced yet, but I'm reading and learning a lot.

Also, I have some pretty good leftover baby gear for warriors if any lowbies need it (mostly mail) I saved back anything that looked useful and wasn't soulbound. It's not high end stuff or anything, but useful if you're game-broke and walking around with your bare ass hanging out for a wolf to chew on. I was lucky enough to have two people (my friend and a random stranger) drop a total of 1,100 gold on me for seed cash, so I outfitted from the Auction House.

10. Tim

Tim

PvP realms make me cry. My sister once asked me to finish up a quest for her in Zangarmarsh on her toon, and left the house to go to work...

I died so many times trying to. A priest decided it would be fun to camp me, mind control me, and throw me off the edge of the world. >_> Then track me down and repeat. >_<

Then there's the Alliance or Horde aspect of a guild.

Just remember to not mention what realm, the name of the guild, the name of your characters, etc. and we should be fine. XD

11. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

uhm, for that you get friends with Gladiator Gear...=P
    I don't do much raiding; I just PVP most of the time.

12. maverick

I tried to PM you about this, but it wouldn't let me because you're not a Full Member. :dry:

13. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

I'm transferring some of my characters because the server where I am is FULL, it takes forever for everything. And Tich, sucks anyways.lol And I have some friends in Malganis, but yea...that one is as worst as Tich.
    So, uhm I am looking for a new server that is not like a ghost one...
    I will keep Mav updated, as soon as I find one.

14. Tim

Tim

I transferred off my original realm to a newly made realm a few years ago.

I never regretted it. 1000+ queue to nothing = Awesome.

The Dungeon System makes actual players on your realm not really required. It was only a ghost server for like, the first few months.

15. Beachboi92

someone let me know what server this guild is happening on i personally play kel thuzad and undermine mostly horde but i have alli on undermine. However i'd rather not play there xD

16. Tim

Tim

Had an awesome hour long conversation about the proper plural of the word "Platypus" on the game the other day, XD

And tonight, someone decided to state "Girls don't play WoW" (Not in the joke way either. XD) So I told him my sister played once, and one of my real ID friends is a girl.

He responded that I'm lying about my sister, and that the real ID friend was lying about their name on the account. I then told him that considering I went to High School with said Real ID friend, I'm pretty sure she's a girl. XD He stopped talking. :3

Ah, the fun of WoW convos.

17. maverick

In WoW, I'm constantly accused of being a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life), especially if I'm working a female character. Which is really, really ironic.

I'm like, "Holy crap, is my typing really that manly?" :lol: Not too surprising though, if I don't identify myself as female online, I am typically assumed to be male.

I know several women that have played WoW. But I hang around with nerds, so the chances of finding an RPG gamer are statistically higher anyway. XD

18. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Okay, so... I have been looking around and uhm. Firetree (PVP) server seems okay, there is a LGBT Horde side guild there. We can either create one on Allience side, or I have been thinking we could just join the Guild that is already made on Horde Side?
    Or there is another guild on the Crushridge(PVP) server as well...

I am not so sure about creating one, since the number of us is quite low.
    I also found other LGBT guilds in other servers, but they are PVE or Normal... and I have never in my life played in a PVE server...
    Ideas?xD

19. ArcaneVerse

I think it would be best to play on a non pvp server, pvp servers are a bitch to lvl on. I believe a pve/normal server would be suited best, more easy going, more social and the guild can do dungeons/raids for those who are more pve or do rated and non rated bg and arena for those who want to do pvp. Plus for anyone just starting out you don't want to start with a pvp server.

20. maverick

^ Agreed.