Who was the first person you came out to?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    The first people I came out to were my 32 fraternity brothers during a house meeting of ours. Talk about efficiency paired with style (I only wish), lol. Still it went really well and they were all extremely supportive of me.

2. rancerocks

Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my best friend. It was over Facebook (not even close to being a good way), but I'm in college and he's in high school and I wasn't going to be able to see him for a while. He was confused, but supportive. He asked a lot of questions and I answered them the best I could. He called me a little while later so we could actually talk about it. One of the first things he said was "Well, you've always been more of a man than me." Good friends make life so much better.

3. fulofbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My flatmate and his girlfriend after a Brazilian buffer dinner and with caipirinha running in my veins. Still took 10 minutes to utter the words "I am gay". haha

4. Gaetan

Oh, yeah! This thread!

First person I came out to, in person, was my (gay) best friend. Didn't even faze him.

5. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'v never REALLY come out to anyone in person, but I came out as bi (stupid me) to like 5 of my friends last year, but now they know that i'm gay. But My friend matt accidentally texted me (meant to text his gf) when i said that a lot of my pictures kinda made me look gay... the text was something like "Hahaha, taylor just said that his FB pics make him look gay!" and i got kinda pissed at him for talking about me behind my back. He said that he did think i was gay and didnt mean anything harmful by it. Then I decided a few weeks later that I should come out because him revealing to me that people actually talked about my sexuality behind my back made me really think about it. Then I wrote this long corny ass note saying i'm bi to like 5 friends, then recently I came out via FB chat to one of my close friends. That was more spur of the moment and I ACTUALLY said i was gay this time. ( i learned my lesson)

6. Nawy56

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, the first person I came out to was myself, and God knows that took long enough. A good 8 years!
    But once I was finally able to admit my sexuality, I decided to tell a good friend of mine who just came out over the summer. She and I have always been able to talk about anything and even dated in highschool (ironic huh?). It took a long time to get the words out since I had never actually spoken them. But once I told her, she was very surprised, but really excited that I was finally okay to tell someone. She has been there for me since!

7. CrystalCat

First person was my best friend who is also a lesbian via text. And her then gf who's bi. Then word kinda spread.
    First family member was my sister. She was amazingly supportive and even took me to NYC Pride this year. We had a nice conversation and i made her breakfast and we sat and talked and drank tea.

8. Alex19

my best friend on new years. i was driving her home and kinda told her. all because everyone kept thinking i was trying to get with her.. o silly straight ppl... lol

9. TroubledRyan

I came out to my best friend last friday!
    But I honestly though it would go so much better considering she use to be bi!
    She jus kinda denied it,but she had a week to think bout it,and I will see her again soon :grin:

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    in real life - my best mate matt, who was kinda shocked, but then joked about it like he does about everything else. It wasn't too bad.

It gets easier the more times you do it. I'm not really looking forward to telling my brother though...

11. Schu

My girlfriend at the time. She was also bi, and I'm pretty sure she was expecting it.

12. nomoresickness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The first person I came out to was a staff member at my school who was openly gay. I got advice from him, and of course he was very supportive! However, when it came to friends and family, it was a bit harder and still is.

13. mydogstewie

I told my friend I was confused. Then I told her I was bi a few months later. She's like my girl best friend

14. Aoifeee

I told my two best friends I "thought i was bi" when I was 13....they weren't very surprised! XD I've always been extremly relaxed about my sexuality and thankfully so have my friends and my brother and sister (who Im pretty sure have copped on by now, dad's just in denial :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) ...Ever since then I've just never really been "in the closet"..or out of it either, nearly everyone who knows me knows that Im hardly straight but I never really came out! Everyone is very open minded though I've come across quite a few homophobes but I avoid them..:slight_smile:

15. HDJamesaree17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, Last Year, when i was on my Senior Year, i Came Out, to a very intimate friend, and since then, i have only come out to only 2 more friends

16. mmilam75

After myself, I came out to one or two friendsm who were all very supportive. I also came out to my mom, who has been unbelievably supportive. I am in the process of coming out to the friends I think will not react quite as well now.

17. calstad

I recently told a good friend of mines wife via facebook, the reason I did it over facebook is because im in a different country and I just had a wild hair to tell someone I knew, so that was my only option. Its great being able to talk to someone.

I go home in 4 months and thus begins my quest to reveal myself to all my friends and family.

The hardest people for me going to tell is my Mom, who wants me to get married and have kids and my older brother who is the closest thing to a father figure I ever had, who is the most ignorant to my sexuality.

18. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Best friend, surprisingly he took it very well for a straight guy, but he does crack gay jokes here and there to piss me off but I'm use to it :wink:

19. matty123

my best friend, weve known each other since we were 4 and it took until we were 17 for me to tell him, and for him to tell me that he was bi lol

20. x2x2x2x2y2

Aw thanks! =)