1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did know you were gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nerdyguy11, Dec 27, 2013.

1. coltskicks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was on a trip out west with a school group and a guy that I met there asked me after a couple days I was bisexual. I told him I didn't think so and he responded with a "let me know if you wanna find out" - I kinda put it off talking to him again until I let my curiosity get the better of me and I ended up with him in my hotel room. At the time I had been very inexperienced sexually so this marked the first time things really got heated. I went back to girls but noticed nothing was as good as another guy. I was ashamed for a long time and 3 year later I came to terms with it and have since come out.

2. yep

yep

Knew? Sixth grade so I was 11. Accepted it? Not until earlier this year when I was 16. I met this guy and we were talking about relationships and he asked me if I was dating anyone and because I hated talking about relationships, I played off the question. I asked him and he told me all about his boyfriend. I was pretty stunned because he seemed so comfortable with his sexuality and he said that everyone has been so accepting, and that definitely gave me the push I needed to accept my sexuality.

Since then, I've come out to my family, my close friends (with the exception of a couple), and I'm technically out on Facebook (interested in men), Instagram (says it in my bio), and Twitter (also says it in my bio)!

3. MatthewJS

4th grade, crush on a boy. lasted two years. I was attracted to boys before 4th grade, but I didn't know what gay meant until 4th grade. so I was between 8-10 years old. I never liked girls.

4. Van

Van

I was around 7, I think. Now, I certainly didn't know what was going on, but I knew I was not like the other kids.

5. Str8tLAboy

Str8tLAboy Guest

I began to feel that I might be gay when I was in 5th grade but I was uncomfortable with the idea so I denied it to myself. Just recently, I have come to the realization that I may be gay and I am trying to come to terms with this part of my life.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When i was 8 but i thought i was bi I didn't like any guys at the time but i thought i would grow into liking guys but i only had a thing for girls. I use to think something was wrong with me since everyone around me was straight and i was the only one that was different . I also had a crush on my friend and her older cousin who was a preteen at the time . I just loved it when she hugged me and would say i was cute .