1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did know you were gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nerdyguy11, Dec 27, 2013.

1. liveitloveit98

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it all started when i was little. i always said "ew no its gross to like girls imma girl im suposed to like boys". but in my head i thought i really should've said, "its ok you can like girls if you want." then i ignored it til i was like 12-14. thats when i really started asking, i denied it and just said no im just bi. but then this year i watched a few adult films..(i was curious) and then i started having a big crush on my best friend (who is a girl) and then i denied it for a bit longer. i still havent fully accepted it, but ik i am lesbian

2. Simple Thoughts

I knew at about 14, but I didn't really have any kind of support system for it until I came out at 19. I sort of regret not just coming out about it sooner, but the past is the past :slight_smile:

3. Seanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I knew when I was quite young..say 12 or 13..always knew I was different to the other boys...

4. KitChan

In middle school I thought I was bi, until I looked at myself a little harder and was like, "oh shit, I think I'm gay". Since liking guys is the "default" for girls in society, I never really gave it second thought until freshman year.

5. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    4 years ago, my friend asked me, "would you ever makeout with a guy?" And I thought for a moment and answered, "only if he was really hot." And then later on I thought to myself, "huh, that answer was really gay... like, super gay... maybe I should rethink my sexuality..."

6. goodgollygosh

I'd found myself being interested in girls as well as guys for the last couple of years, but because of my conservative religious upbringing I suppressed my feelings. Around 10-8 months ago my views changed (around this time I also was introduced to some non binary people who I also found cute) and finally, ~6 months ago, I let myself accept the fact that I was pansexual!

7. The Spark

I knew knew in 9th grade. Or at least, that's when I came to terms with it. I had a feeling when I was very young though.

8. biggayguy

I had sexual encounters with boys starting around eleven. Didn't accept being bisexual until thirty five. Came out to my parents the next year as bisexual. Only last summer did I come out here as gay. I've come out to some friends and they said they already knew I was gay.

9. baby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just recently. But several things happened that lead up to it.

10. Doorway

Ditto, although I realized it in 7th grade, but didn't accept it until last year.

11. Gleek1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Probably 6th grade. That's when everyone really starts going "did u hear so and so has a crush on -" people did that to me with certain girls, but I never did actually like them. Then I kinda got a crush, but on another guy. Never really had a word for it until someone used it as a joke about me, than I found out what it meant and was like "Ohhhhhhhhh, yeah, that's me."

12. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started questioning around 14 or so, but tried to convince myself I was just confused or I just wanted to be different or something. Seven years later I finally started taking myself seriously and considering the possibility that I might not be straight. I'm still accepting it, and this might not be the end of my journey of self-discovery, but I feel like it fits, so that's where I am.

13. LadyApp

I always have felt that gender is not limited. Like we socially determine some activities for gils or some other for boys. So while I was growing up I used to play "the little house game" where I've always wanted to be the father because it was the one who drove the car, didn't take care of babys, went to work all day without having to do any cleaning dutties... LOL!!! And one day on a very naƮve "see-you-later-kiss" I gave to "my wife", my BFF of childhood... then everything seemed clearer!!

I put that experience aside, because of course "I liked boys", specially you have too when you are attending a religious school. Until around my adolescence I notice I felt a particular attraction to one of my classmates. I thought I admired her, I respected, but ultimately I was feeling attracted to her. And that is how I found out I liked woman too.

Of course, I struggle accepting at first until I stopped questioning and acted upon that particular attraction years later and voila!!

:smilewave

14. Avi123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I knew i was I liked boys when I was 9, but I never let myself think about the fact that that ment i was gay until november 2013

15. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    when I was in my 4th grade I secretly liked this girl friend of mine. I know at that early age I was different and I have a thing for girls and on the 5th grade I finally accepted I was lesbian, I didn't know the term lesbian nor tomboy that time but I know I was different but the cool thing about it though my friends know about me falling for girls instead of boys their are actually cool with it, they even teased me to my girl crush which is also our classmate and I don't know if it was just me but I guess the girl that I have a crush on likes me back, not sure but maybe I stood a chance.

16. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Probably around age 10 - 11.

17. EvilRegal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think I always knew. Was always more drawn to women. Dated one guy when I was 14, it was a disaster. Never comfortable with him at all. Ended up coming out at 17 to my family and friends. Have never regretted it.

18. itsonlyrelative

I always kind of knew, it was just admitting it to myself and determining whether I was bi or a lesbian...which cleared up in high school.

19. Huma

When I had a crush on a female celebrity, a serious one. December of 2012.

20. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I liked boys since I was really young but when I was 14 I realized I liked girls. I don't really know if it "makes sense", like looking back I didn't like girls when I was small, except for maybe 2 girls I think. I don't really know what I am now though.