1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ That

2. starfish

When I was younger I didn't like sports. THe main reason is that I don't like football. I think it is just a boring game with way too many rules. Which being from Texas it is like the only sport.

Then several years ago I just happened to be in Vancouer when the Canucks made it to the Stanley Cup finals. OMG, that was so much fun. Now I have season tickets to our AHL team, and I watch it on TV and I even listen to games on the radio. I've also been back to Vancouver tiwce to go to a Canucks game.

The other thing that would surprise my younger self is that I can call myself an athlete. I have been in 2 competitions this year, and planning on another next spring.

I never was in anyway atheletic when I was younger. The main reason was that I did not really fit in with anyone at school, espically the jocks. The funny thinks is looking at their facebook posts now. They are fat and flabby, and lamenting how they miss the glory days of playing high school football. Meanwhile, I'm all like. I don't have time for that I have to go train.

3. Yosia

I enjoy sports, both watching and playing. I don't particularly enjoy cricket though.

4. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Watching sports is sooooo boring to me. The only sport I'll consider watching is hockey, and that's only if I actually get to attend the game. I don't have favorite teams (Philadelphia Flyers being the only exception), nor do I follow sports in any capacity.

Playing sports is more fun. Basketball, soccer, football, baseball, volleyball, tennis, street hockey. Sign me up! Unless it's for an actual team, I enjoy playing with friends for fun.

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't normally play sports and I don't normally watch either, I'm quite apathetic towards it. However one of the only exceptions is ice hockey- as a kid I grew up watching that on TV and I loved it, and I have yet to watch a live game which is something I really want to do. I also quite enjoy playing it (the last time I did was when I was...much younger), but also only for leisure and some casual fun, nothing professional.

6. Cedar

I prefer watching hockey when I'm in the arena. I hate all those breaks that they take on TV, it really sucks the fun out of it for me.

#26 Cedar, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's pretty much my life

8. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Once in a blue moon I'll watch hockey but that's it. I have no idea how people can watch golf and not fall asleep.

9. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My uncle watches golf games on TV almost daily... :sleep:

10. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not so interested in sports. Generally, I don't like watching them and I rarely play sports. I have an elliptical trainer at home and, sometimes, I use it. That's all the sport I do.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like sports. Played sports growing up, watch sports a lot. There are more important things in life though that's for sure.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not really at the top of my list, but folks are free to indulge and pursue sports. I don't mind participating in sports, but do not do that very often. Wouldn't object to playing Rugby with some shirtless men, or catching lovely ladies in a game of Volleyball though, LOL.

More detailed response...
    Hockey is the only sport I can watch. It's fast paced, even when people are getting off or on the ice, the game doesn't stop for a while... like in other sports.

College basketball isn't something I look forward to, but I do find it amusing when the Kentucky Wildcats do well, mostly because of how other regions respond. It's hilarious to me. I have no real interest in the actual games though.

I've boxed a few times, nothing formal, and it's okay. Getting tired of people saying, "Go on, hit me as hard as you can!" -- I do -- they bitch about it and go into a temper-tantrum swing fit -- and they get knocked on their ass again. Repeat two mores times, then we decide to quit and go get a milkshake, LOL. Don't watch boxing though.

If we count "professional" wrestling, like the WWE, that is something I used to like in my younger days. Now, it's more of a casual viewing, and not something I regularly watch.

Kick ball was always fun for me. I tended to kick the ball very hard -- right at somebody's face. It got to the point, pitchers would roll the ball and then rush to one side, giving me a free kick-shot basically. Haven't played a game in years, but I believe it'd be something fun to do with some folks.

I don't mind getting physical, but it has to be the right crowd and the right type of game. Which is why I don't really play or partake in sports, those conditions are rarely met. I watch sports even less than that.

Not gonna lie... full contact American football or even Rugby is nice, because you get close to some folks. Mm... I'm terrible...

As for what I think about sports. If that's what you want to be into, go ahead. Just don't get too obsessed with it to where it leaks into all aspects of your life. You're not going to talk to me about throwing stats during our pillow talking sessions, unless those throwing stats have taught you some new hand techniques for... well, yeah... LOL...

The only real issue I have with sports is, the money. I can accept many professional players are better than me -- but they ain't a million dollars more better than me. A few hundred, sure. That's a financial juggernaut who could do a lot, and they do, as an organization and the individual players, but it still bothers me.

13. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    #33 BigGayAlex, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  14. Formality

I love sports. I mean I don't love to watch sports all the time, but certain sports like: Any type of skiing, extreme biking (downhill/bmx), pretty much any extreme sport and track and field.

I used to do track and field many years ago and I fell in love with. So though I don't practice it any more I still love watching those events. I've also been skiing for about 10 years now and the alpine season just started, just yesterday was the first world cup event of the season on the tv.

I dislike watching team sports though. I prefer individual sports. I really dislike watching football on tv. I can't stand it, yet that's basically the only sport that gets any tv time, while awesome extreme sports such as downhill biking barely gets any tv time ever. Honestly I don't think I've ever seen it on any other channel than Fuel tv out of the channels we've got.

15. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't hate sports but I'm indifferent to most. Hockey being the exception. I love watching and listening to games. Football I can watch but I don't really enjoy it. NASCAR I'm a fan of by proxy (I have a family member on a team).

Other than that, any sport that involves horses is good (with the exception of polo). I rode on our equestrian team in high school and I just started taking lessons again recently. My current horse sport obsession is eventing. I also vaguely follow show jumping. I used to be a hardcore fan of horse racing but lost interest over the past few years.

16. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to love soccer but I got on a team that wasn't into new players and it kind of ruined it for me. Then i found running and sprinting and now i'm a track girl all the way. For every other sport I wouldn't know because I feel like i annoy my dad when I watch sports with him since I ask too many questions about whats happening, he won't admit it though, so I don't really watch them.

17. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just a big tennis fan. Not my fault I promise. Other than that Soccer is cool to watch, but for other reasons than the game.

But when the Olympics come on, watch out, I'm literally hooked onto the most random of sports and the biggest fan. Rooting for teams and or people I've never heard of before. I guess the whole 4 years thing makes me feel obligated to watch.

18. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't hate sports but I don't like it either.

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are very few sports that I enjoy watching, and even then I'd be hard pressed to watch the entire thing.

I can enjoy playing sports, although with few exceptions; I get bored if I keep playing the same sport. I don't really keep count of these things, but I know I've tried a lot of sports.

20. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like watching sports at all.

As for playing sports, I really hate team sports like soccer, rugby and cricket, but I do enjoy playing individual sports like singles tennis, snooker, darts and table tennis.