1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I'm a female who would rather not have boobs...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Martee, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sayu

Oh, yeah, I envy my friends (girls) who have almost no boobs... And they envy me :grin:

2. Benjamin

So I've read through most of these replies and I have something to add: you actually CAN be a girl and not want your boobs. Top dysphoria is not trans-exclusive, and I've seen a few tomboys who bind all the time or are planning on top surgery. I would suggest talking to a gender therapist to sort out your feelings. You may turn out to be trans or genderqueer, or you may be a tomboy with dysphoria. Anything is possible, really, and you don't have to fit in any gender boxes.

3. Haya al Lawati

Out Status:
    Family only
    Re. I am the exact same thing, but I wanna be a male

Martee, I don't know how but I am the exact exact EXACT same thing like you too. Only that one small contrast, I really just wanna be a male, they're much muscular then women, they do anything they like, they don't get stupid body transformations like girls, they are much immune, and are liked more by the world.:icon_sad:

---------- Post added 22nd May 2013 at 09:45 AM ----------

And my only dream is that I wake up with a really flat body, muscular arms and broad shoulders and then I go school and be naughty in the class throwing paper gliders, replying back to the teacher, fighting for fun, and bullying girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! They boys have so many advantages. I just feel like crying wondering why am I not a boy. If there was any other thing besides the surgery to be a boy, I'd do it with all my heart. :frowning2:

4. BlueBear

Re: Re. I am the exact same thing, but I wanna be a male

Have you ever considered why you value males over females? I don’t want to be a woman but value them over males but know where it came from. My mother wanted to be a man but it came out as hate of men. She did the fighting the car repairs and most anything that would be traditional male roles all the while making light of all the horrible traits of my father.

5. safeandsound

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This post is my life. I'm 21, have had issues with my breasts since puberty. I can't touch them, can't stand feeling them, I've cried after getting measured for a bra because I hate acknowledging them so much. I think I'm about a C cup but I have a small frame so they look bigger. I want to bind but I'm afraid I'll feel even worse when I take it off. I tried mentioning it to my psychiatrist once but she thinks it's related to my eating disorder which it isn't because it preceded my ED.

I've thought about surgery too. It gets so much worse around my period. I hate that everyone acts like it's so strange to be a 'woman' (I don't feel like one) and hate having a chest. I try and justify it by saying that I'm just afraid of womanhood (ick) or I have internalised misogyny but it's not true. I don't feel like a woman in my head but I like the freedom that being seen as a woman gives me to wear skirts or dresses if I ever feel like it. I like the freedom I have to express my gender in any way I want to (mostly- I got a lot of 'so are you a lesbian now?' type comments when I shaved my hair off 6 months ago to which I just rolled my eyes). I'm confused because I don't feel male or female, I don't even know what it means to be male or female really. It's just a body thing and not a gender thing for me, though I'd prefer to look and be seen as androgynous and I cringe when people call me a girl or a woman- though I don't mind female, she, her or my name. It's confusing.

But yeah, thanks for this post OP. I always feel quite alone with this.

It's also funny that so many of us identified as asexual. I only just stopped and I'm still not sure that I'm not.

It's late, I'm tired and probably not making sense.

6. GrumpyGrrl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know I'm super late to the thread, I just Googled "women who don't want breasts."

Your story is my story Martee. Everything but the small boobs; I'm stuck with enormous 42DD and I HATE them. I was also a tomboy who never "grew out of it." Now I'm in my 40s and these useless skin bags only get saggier every year.

I've been getting mammograms regularly because my grandmother died of breast cancer. This year they upped me to MRIs and I just want to cry. So much time, energy and money wasted on something I wish I could get rid of completely.

Your story filled me with hope. I hate the disbelief I encounter, because of course every woman wants boobs, right?

I don't want to be male either (I'm sure a penis can be equally annoying). I just want a flat chest. (My friend genetic tested positive just like Angelina Jolie and had the prophylactic double mastectomy. I was sick with jealousy).

I'm actually talking to a plastic surgeon tomorrow for the first time to see if I have any options at all. I'm expecting insurance won't help at all since I don't have cancer, and it's unbelievably expensive out of pocket, but I don't want to go one more day with these things on my body.

Thanks for listening. I mainly wanted you to know you are absolutely not alone! (And I'm thrilled to learn that neither am I)

7. Deserae

I totally wouldn't mind getting rid of my breast as well! I know I am not guy , and wouldn't want to be, I just want to be flat chested!:bang::lol::lol::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2016 at 06:18 PM ----------

I can totally relate to you, I am 28 , 58 DDD and I want to get rid of them so badly!

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2016 at 06:19 PM ----------

I can totally relate to you, I am 28 , 58 DDD and I want to get rid of them so badly!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::eusa_liar:eusa_liar:eusa_liar:eusa_liar:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

8. Aequalis

I'm five years late, but I wanted to say that yeah I know someone who's in the same situation. My girlfriend is in her 20s now and IDs as a cisgendered female. She hates her boobs. I mean she really has small breasts to begin with, but she wants top surgery.

It's kind of freaky cause top surgery is hella painful, and she would be out of work for a few months, but also there are complications like loss of sensation.

She's really in the same shoes as you. She gets mistaken for a guy often enough. She's always wearing baggy clothing, etc. And she has considered the fact that she might be trans, but still identifies as female. She just doesn't want boobs, for her they get in her way. (Side note, she also considers herself somewhere on the ace scale, huh.)

I guess my advice is that, you should feel comfortable in your body. Because surgery freaks me out, I would encourage you to pursue every other method at your disposal. (Sports bras, sports tape) But it shouldn't matter how other people perceive your decision's and preferences. Anyway, in our situation I'm pansexual, so I'ma love my girl no matter what. You're not alone kiddo. Just wanted to say that.

#48 Aequalis, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  9. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've heard such in the past on multiple occasions, actually. It's not entirely uncommon, I think I've seen at least three or four other similar threads in my time here.

Though I'm how you say, very thin. I never really developed "upstairs" since I'm not the healthiest and I always thought I looked too childlike or boring. I suppose I even get envious of friends at times. It's a shame people can't just trade so simply, such would resolve multiple issues at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.