1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I'm a female who would rather not have boobs...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Martee, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martee

Martee Guest

Quite true. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Martee

Martee Guest

Are there no USA companies that make binders? I've looked and can find only ones that are based in Asia.

3. Deaf Not Blind

i found zip.
    guess Asia has more of us, or cares more about that market.
    unless you and i want to team up to start making em!

4. Martee

Martee Guest

If I had the tools, we'd be in business! lol. Yeah...I guess Asia does have more concern for females who want to bind. I liked their binder models lol. They should make ones that have a pattern or something. The site had zip/velcro/hook/pull-over choices. Interesting, I didn't realise there was more than one style. I liked the shortie pull-overs best. I may or may not get one...I usually wait out purchases like this to see if it's just something that is really really bothering me at the moment, a "phase" or something I truly need to have to function better.

EDIT: I swapped my "gender" to androgynous...maybe that fits me better than plain female. Not sure the difference between genderqueer and androgynous. They seem similar if not the same term.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try Underworks, I think they operate out of Florida and they have pretty good prices.

6. Deaf Not Blind

i read some stuff on underworks which is why i avoided them. its made for men with problems and said by some as not comfy.

i got a black pullover tank type, if i want i can wear as a tank sport top, won't but could.

underworks is white looks medical cuz it is.

7. Martee

Martee Guest

yeah i looked over their site and it looked like they were all for male use in particular. they looked strange. they're in the US, but not exactly what I need. I think I'm more apprehensive or nervous to get a binder than anything. Kind of like I'm finally admitting to something or giving to another thing. I want one, but it's that apprehension that stops me...make sense?

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

btw thanks for sticking around this thread and being so helpful with your replies. i didn't know how this would go when I decided to make my first thread. everyone that has posted has been helpful and i'm kind of liking this EC community :slight_smile: Helps to have a safe site where you can get real answers to questions you've had but have been afraid or ashamed to ask.

8. Deaf Not Blind

yeah, i guess so. I'm not you. i read a lot of reviews and looked over how they are made and guessed. took almost a month to arive and was not cheap. but good bras cost like $39 i think? so I paid maybe $50? I think it is overpriced, but because large demand andy few competitors. oligopoly. so they can set price high knowing desperate people will buy it.

I still say it is snug like a swimsuit, not like a bandage, and mine was rated as comfy but not super flattening. i run for bus in it, you could work out in it, there is no breathing restriction in this item.

i agree, this site is good for everyone, gay, trans, family member of one, anybody with scary questions...without it i would not be where i am today. i think I'm calmer.

now instead just seeking help, i can offer it!
    idk when i will be "done" with posting here, as it would be sad to be forever goodbye. even if i went oh my religion is calling to be straighty again...i still think id stay here. I'm too Queer to disappear for good.

9. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Martee. I don't have much to add except I can relate to you a lot. All my life I've disliked having breasts and occasionally experience gender dysphoria. I don't want to transition into a man, but I can't identify as a women either. Thankfully I'm naturally flat chested so a tight sports bra works quite well, but I've been tempted to purchase a binder just to see if it'll work even better. ...Now if there were only a way to shrink my big hips, lol!

Oh, and Puff the Magic Dragon FTW!! :grin:

10. Martee

Martee Guest

Hey Chimera. Well if nothing else, it's nice to know I'm not the only female who dislikes having boobs! Yeah, I too wear a compression sports bra as I've stated earlier and it works to make them evened out and not two bumps (can't think of how to explain it lol). I refuse to wear a "real bra" as my mom used to call them. She and my sister tried to convert me into a girly girl...but you can't change who you are on the inside.

I was researching binders and from a few reviews I read was that for small chested persons, such as ourselves, it worked much the same as a sports bra. One reviewer even said she thought it made her look bigger chested, but then again that is a self-opinion and won't be true for everyone. I may one day get one...but i'd still just rather not have them at all lol.

As for hips...can't offer much there unfortunately. I have bigger thighs because I cycle and run, but I guess my hips are average in that I'm not a drastic pear shape, you know? Try looking for hip/thigh specific toning exercises maybe?? Anyway...yeah.

HAHA...wondered if anyone would get that reference :icon_wink

11. Martee

Martee Guest

What sports bra do you wear that works for you? I've been wearing Nike pro sports compression, but if you found something that is better...

btw. What's "ace" for your orientation? Haven't heard of that before.

12. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ace/Lez/Bi = Asexual, Lesbian, Bisexual. Asexual means not attracted to any gender, which is how I identified until about last year. Some people also use it to mean they have a really low libido, or not interested in sex. Now I'm pretty sure I'm gay, but it's hard to read the compass when the dial keeps disappearing, lol!

I haven't tried many brands, but I have several Champion brand women's sports bras that work well. Cotton is more comfortable, but polyester dries faster when working out so I have a few of each. I usually buy them a little on the small size for a better compression effect, and stretch out the ribcage portion by hand. I've wondered since I'm so small, if those compressors made for men would work better on people like us than a true binder made for women. Does the Nike work well for you? I haven't tried it.

I'm an avid cyclist (and hiker) too! So I have really buff legs/thighs and a small upper body. Makes me feel proportioned like a T-rex :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Martee

Martee Guest

Thanks for the clarification. Well then by that definition, I'm asexual. I'm thinking figuring it (whatever it might be) out takes a while and is subject to change even once you do have it "all figured out."

Yeah for me, Nike Compression bras work quite well. I wear a medium b/c the small hugs too tightly on my ribcage...even after stretching. I feel it flattens my chest enough for me to go about the day. I can't really feel it while I'm wearing it. Try it out and see what you think! This is the style I've bought...though something weird with the colours, the grey one, I feel, has more compression than the black ones I own. Weird, I know, but apparently the colour makes a difference?? idk :confused: Nike Store. Nike Pro Victory Compression Sports Bra

Maybe the male compressors would...idk. I was reading on a site for binding tips, that an UnderArmour compression shirt will work fairly good for small chested females. Not sure how much flattening power it would have, but I might try one on next time I hit the sports shop.

Ditto. I've got some non-muscle spots on my thighs to work off, but (pardon my ego for a moment) my calves however are killer. Pure muscle...love it! I just like being fit. Hiking is fun if you've got somewhere beautiful to explore. Yeah a perk of cycling and martial arts is that I have been able to leg press 450lbs+ last time I went to an actual gym in my teens. I tend to stay away from gyms and do isometric workouts or let nature be my gym. Some are surprised at just how many exercises you can accomplish just outdoors without having the big, expensive machines. Using your own weight as a counterweight really helps or a small child sitting on you haha...I used to use my lil bro when he was a toddler for doing pushups, squats, etc. He thought it was great fun :grin:

LOL T-Rex :grin:

14. Max630

OMG when I read this originial post I could not help but reply...I feel the exact same way!! I'm still questioning as to my orientation (not straight for sure haha) but you took the words right out of my mouth as the not considering myself trans or genderqueer, but simply not wanting boobs. They literally have been causing me so much stress lately that I may invest in a binder. The only issue with this is that I am not even close to being "out" to my family so idk how well binding that much will go over. I've been getting by wearing two sports bras at the same time for about a year now, but they are starting to just not get me as flat as I would like. :eusa_doh:

btw I loved your comment about having your little bro sit on ur back while doing pushups haha thats awesome :slight_smile:

15. Deaf Not Blind

Welcome to EC Katniss! Any questions we can help you, ask...we can try. We all are kinda newbies really.

16. Martee

Martee Guest

Katniss. I wouldn't double up on sports bras. They won't make you flat as you want, and it might be even more constrictive than a binder and much less comfortable. I've not gotten a binder yet, but am checking reviews posted on YouTube and on binder sites (not underworks...it's meant for males). You might be able to find some on ebay or amazon. I have seen a few listed for sale there but not the one I want. There is a "sport bra" binder on one site...can't remember the name of it, but it was an over-the-head kind and looked just like a regular sports bra. A little longer perhaps, but "normal" looking despite. I might try that one :slight_smile:

I'm glad that my issue is not unique to just me...that'd be depressing lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah...boobs are annoying :icon_roll and I don't think I'll ever think differently about them haha. oh well. I don't have to like them and wearing a binder is my own business. I'd say that if you want to wear a binder...just get it or you'll be like me and wonder and wonder for months on end if you should get one or shouldn't. I just need to do it.

Look for the other thread I made "Binder Questions" I think that's what I called it, and one poster gave some good binder suggestions. I'm happy to attempt to answer any questions you have or whatever :slight_smile: Hope all this makes sense...im not going to review it before posting lol *too lazy tonight*

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2012 at 01:25 AM ----------

ps. noticed you're new here...me too and so are a lot of ppl. So :welcome:

EC is pretty cool and a great place to bounce ideas off other ppl's heads instead of keeping them inside your own head. It's helped me make sense of wanting a flat chest haha

---------- Post added 21st Jun 2012 at 01:28 AM ----------

This is the thread that answered some of my questions about binders...maybe will answer some of yours :slight_smile: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/64217-binder-questions.html

17. Max630

@Deafnotblind- Thanks for the welcome!

@Martee- thanks for the advice. I totally agree with you that wearing a binder is a person's own business and I looked at the other thread you posted which did answer some of my questions...thanks! :slight_smile:
    I'm gonna try looking on amazon or ebay at different binders so hopefully one of those will work out. and US stores really need to start carrying them...it would be awesome if it wasn't such a guessing game when it comes to sizing! and I think more people are starting to wear them so there is definitely a market for them haha. Thanks again for the advice, it's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking about all of this! :slight_smile:

just found this from one of your previous posts and you summed up my thoughts exactly!
    "I think I'm more apprehensive or nervous to get a binder than anything. Kind of like I'm finally admitting to something or giving to another thing. I want one, but it's that apprehension that stops me...make sense?"

#37 Max630, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  18. Martee

Martee Guest

I'm glad the threads helped you too! :slight_smile:

Yeah start there that way you might find one cheaper, but the sizing will always be an issue. You've just got to measure twice and go by what the online sizing chart says and hope it's right ;P

There is a market, but it's underground. Know what I mean? Nobody really talks about it because the ppl that wear them bc they are FtM don't want ppl to know they have it on - but the ppl that wear it bc they don't like having a chest (much like FtM's) don't want anyone to know they're wearing one either. I have high doubt that there will ever be a store that would have them available to be fitted...and if there ever was such a store it'd prolly be just one and in NY or some big city like that lol

And no...you're definitely not alone in this! I thought I was until I got on EC and realised at least one other person had mutual feelings on this topic lol.

here to answer or at least try to help ya anytime :slight_smile:

19. jlb

jlb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I also hate having boobs. I wear a 38D and hate them. I have always had larger breasts and was one of the first girls in school to need a bra. They are annoying and get in the way and I see no point in having them. The moment I am able to afford surgery, I am having them reduced as much as possible. I have no kids and even if I did, I would not breast feed. Men seem to only be interested in them and I am not a mother figure to anyone and just feel that life would be much easier physically and emotionally without them! I know where you are coming from and I want the same thing..to put on a shirt and have to not worry about a bra ..it is cumbersome and annoying..so..I am with you and know exactly what you are saying. just joined an d wanted to let you know that you are not alone...

20. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Off topic but I wonder if overly endowed men have similar issues?

Yeah, supposed to be super masculine and highly prized but it has to be problematic. From clothes to sex partners not wanting to deal with it, to personal gratification by others unable to comfortably accommodate it.

It has got to be a frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.