1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs to Tell Someone Is Gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mercedez, Sep 10, 2006.

1. tiredofsleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are obvious signs for some, but not for others, especially those in the closet still. I only have about 1.5 feet out of the closet myself, but I always felt I was horrible obvious to the point of some serious anxiety for a little while, even though I played sports, liked all the same movies as my straight friends, etc..., and didn't have any of those obvious signs... you know, I'm generally pretty "normal" in most ways. I felt obvious because to this day I think I've pointed out a good looking female less than 5 times, while a lot of my straight friends (I'm only 99.9999% sure lol) don't miss an opportunity, ever, to let the world know how much they wanna jump in bed with every and any girl they find remotely attractive. I still am not sure how many people have caught on to that about me but it definitely is an easy one for the trained eye. A good way to tell is (at least for guys), ask them about the last girl they were with or something of the sort, if they get red in the face or dodge it or make up some bland, non specific, cliche response, like I used to do lol... then you might have a gay lol... I know there are some gay men and women out there who purposely fake it to the point of having fake relationships too so that won't always work either. It's really impossible to know sometimes. I think someone said something like: "I get the feeling they are just as lost and confused in the straight world as I am thing" which I can relate and agree with too. Also, body language, I don't have the specifics but I'm pretty sure there are studies out there that have correlated certain movements and gestures with gayness but you'd have to google that yourself. There is no 100% way to tell for everyone I don't think, we're all unique people... and then there's the bi people lol...