1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies that scared you.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lonewolf77, Oct 27, 2012.

1. cycle 50

Watched a movie on black and white tv in the early 60's, someone got stabbed to death with a pair of long slender scissors.
    For about the next 20 years, scissors always seemed to have a sinister type look to them for me
    Now the design for scissors has changed with more variety, and it is just a joke to me now how something like that can affect how you view about things in your mind.
    Lesson learned ,I guess, over a long period of time.

2. Wolfie Charm

Old scissors are menacing!

3. boysdontcry

Human centipede two didn't scare me so much as horrify me (especially at 4 in the morning) but it's still definitely worth mentioning.

4. TKM

TKM

"it" my cousin when we were like 7 during thanksgiving took her moms laptop and told me this video was cool and not scary whatsoever and made me watch the entire thing, to this day I still check the bathroom shower to see if a creepy clown is in there.

5. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

The possession scene scared the f****** s*** out of me!! :eek: And the scene where the police officers were watching the house, and witnessed what they did! :eek:
    I lived in a very secluded country area, that was near a very mountainous rainforest region; so, this certainly added to me being scared even more, from watching The Fourth Kind. I couldn't sleep for a while too, and something happened to me as well, after watching that damn film! What's funny is though; I always put myself through watching horror films, and science fiction films; because I love them, and I watch them for insight! :lol:

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2013 at 01:44 AM ----------

That non-human creature in Pan's Labyrinth, scared the absolute crap out of me too; when I watched the movie for the first time! I am glad I had my brother to watch it with, at the time; otherwise I would have been incapable of moving! :lol:

6. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's weird, but I watched dozens of ultraviolent slasher films when I was little and they never bothered me. Then out of the blue I saw the Blob and it just freaked me out. I don't know why, it's like the idea of being consumed alive and dissolved completely just triggered some primal fear in me. That was the original, the 80's version with Kevin Dillon was even scarier. Just uhhhh! :eek:

7. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The first Paranormal Activity was pretty scary.

8. FranklinK

The lady in the bathtub in the remake of The Shining (you know the teleseries that came out in the early 90s).. She scared the shit out of me fasho.

9. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    nothing yet... i love horrors/thrillers they're the best

10. SpectreStatus

Even now if I'm awake at 3:33 I kind of crap myself and pray an alien is not coming to get me. It's not an owl!!! :'(

11. kylo

THe only movie that has truly ever scared me at all was Cujo and that was when I was like 12 years old we watched it at my cousins house.

12. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

OMFG. That is exactly what happened to me, HONEST TO GOD. :eek: After I watched
    The Fourth Kind; I woke up at 3:30, every single night, for almost 3 weeks. Coincidence?? I think not!!! :eek: I ABSOLUTELY love owls! :grin: I think they are among, the most fascinating and beautiful animals; however, after watching the Fourth Kind, it took me a while to look at an owl the same. :roflmao:

13. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know The Grudge,It and Paranormal Activity were probably the only movies that I watched in the dark and had to turn all the lights on.

When me and my brother watched it when we were 12 neither of us were willing to go into the bathroom,so we wet to the bathroom in cups in the kitchen lol.

Paranormal Activity I wasn't even wanting to see cause I didn't think it looked that good,but my sister had me in my moms new house for the first time,turned off all the lights and pulled the flat screen out as far as it would go.
    I was so scared that I had her stand outside the bathroom.Also it didn't help that the house in the movie looked almost like my moms.

14. Jim94

Grave Encounters, the scene when that guy without a tung is hanging in the ceiling.
    Well, there are alot of movies that scared me but cant come up with others right now.

15. Emberstone

The Twilight Saga: WHY DOES SHE KEEP GETTING PUBLISHED, AND FILM RIGHTS OPTIONED?!?!?!?

16. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    True horror right there^

17. adandyfella

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely ghostface from Scream, watched it when I was 8. Fear of being murdered anyone?

18. J205

J205 Guest

The last scary movie I saw was "Mama" and it was scary. lol

19. That Kid

20. Davey

Movies that scare me:
    Signs
    Dark Skies
    Drag Me To Hell
    Final Destination
    Sinister

Those are just a few. I'm really into the whole possession and xenophobe thing. They scare the shit out of me but I LOVE to watch them.