1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies that scared you.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lonewolf77, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Jonathan

Which horror movies scare me the most? The Halloween movies...I blame that on my brother though. When I was little (like 5/6ish) he was babysitting me while my mom was at work one night. So we were sitting there watching a Halloween movie, when he says he has to go to the bathroom. So he gets up and leaves, and I'm just sitting there still watching the movie. Like you can guess, he didn't actually have to go into the bathroom. He went to his room instead, got his Michael Myers mask, snuck into the kitchen, grabbed a knife and then came out the other kitchen door (that attaches to the living room). Then he just stood there holding the knife and waited for me to realize he was there. Needless to say, it completely freaked me out -.- . Haven't been a fan of the Halloween movies since

2. Hiems

Chucky definitely scared me as a kid... but not so much now. I've seen scarier movies recently.

The Thai version of Shutter is hands down the scariest movie I've seen in my life. If anyone's watched it, you'd probably know what I'm talking about >.< It's even more frightening when you understand photography, which is what the movie is based on.

Other horror films I've watched are Doll Master and Ghastly, both of which are Korean. Again, they're scary, but IMO, not quite as the level of Shutter.

#42 Hiems, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  3. Exceeder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Steven Spielberg's 'It'.
    When I was a little kid, my sister (who was a teenager) put it on to play. It took me ten years to recover from my fear of clowns XD

4. Bolin

Any horror movie. xD The Halloween movies scare me the most, but ironically, they're the only ones I can watch the whole way through without covering my eyes.

5. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Hey! :slight_smile: Don't worry at all for mucking up the "Quoting". :slight_smile: It happens sometimes.
    OK then, I am definitely going to watch both of the movies, and I will take your advice, and grab a friend to watch it with, because I think I'll definitely need one for support! :lol:

6. Cthulhu

Jaws made me scared of going into water for a few days.

7. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It scared me so much as a kid. I watched it again though and realized how stupid the ending is... Grave Encounters is also great. So is the Evil Dead and The Shining. OH! The remake of The Evil Dead looks sooooo awesome! If you're interested look it up it's crazy. You can't even watch the preview on youtube unless you're 18.

8. ioden

Nosferatu. I watched it when I was 4 or 5, so I was pretty scared with the vampire's shape and moves. It made me be terrified of vampires for a lot of years! Now that I've seen it again, it looks way too overacted, just like all silent movies.

9. Phil

Phil Guest

Well... When i was a child (like 14 years ago) i was VERY scared of Chucky (Child's Play), mostly 'cause of my brothers hahaha. Now i find horror movies funny hahaha (weird, but i really laugh out loud). It's better than comedy movies.

10. Acobi

Acobi Guest

#1. Chucky. God, so creepy and gave me plenty of childhood nightmares! As a really young child, the movies Critters and The Langoliers really got me too! I hate scary movies to this day!

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

The first time I saw Signs and the Fourth Kind, I almost shit myself. Only films about aliens really scare me.

12. bdman

Child's Play. My God I don't think I was able to sleep that night I came home from the theater at night after seeing Chucky. My sister still had dolls all over the house.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Believe it or not Jaws, when that decapitated head floated up from underneath that boat OMG that made me jump out of my skin Lol

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I watched The Exorcist as a kid with my brother while our parents were out and they came home to us both crying.

Sounds weak, but I still can't watch it. It freaks me out too much.

15. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Went to see Fourth Kind. Was dubious as to whether I had made the right choice when the movie started as it seemed kinda dry. How mistaken was I?!

I'm sceptical when it comes to documented media but definately a believer that we shouldn't be so ignorant to think we are the only ones alive and kicken. The possession scene freaked me the hell out lol. To top it all off, at the time of watching this, I lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere and when we had got home it was a lovely clear night, the stars were shining....and who knows what else. No surprise that I had very little sleep that night and kept my eye out for lights under the door.

16. x Wallflower x

^
    This. the thought of watching it just freaks me out yet i can watch every other scary film and not be scared.

17. tulman

House of Wax, the 1953 3D version starring Vincent Price. My grandmother took me to see it. When he swung out in to the audience on a rope with his disfigured face exposed I think my heart stopped. I had nightmares and saw him crawling through my bedroom window for months. Even at 8 years old I figured the only way I would beat him was to confront him. One night I crawled to the foot of my bed where he was watching me from and punched him right in the face. It got better after that and after a few more nights of facing him down I was soon daring him to come back.
    Vincent Price, Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney were the 3 big horror movie stars of the day back then.

18. Romandude

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pam's labyrinth.
    I saw it when I was six or something and the part where the guy is chasing the kid with the eyes on his hand scared the shit out of me for two years*shudder*

19. PinkFluff

20. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watching the original Black Christmas late at night and alone. It's that hanger of an ending that does it for me with that ringing.