1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I was cute

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DRN94, Dec 8, 2012.

1. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks but if you saw me smile, my side profile, or anything other than the angle in the picture, you'd recognize my ugliness. And you can't make out my acne spots in that picture. I'm much worse in person, trust me.

2. Given To Fly

The only thing I see that is unattractive is the negativity to be honest.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you definitely don't look bad at all like you have been going on about. You're pretty cute. The negativity towards yourself is what is ugly and would turn people off from you, not your looks, because they are fine.

4. Rainbow Music

I totally agree with Lance. You are cute, but your negativity is ugly.

5. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sure your looks trump mine. Easy for you to say. And I'm not usually this negative but those two new co-workers that just started working where I work really angered me. Their skin is perfect, their faces are boyish, they have kinky tousled hair, they're fit, have nice toned complexion, have nice voices, good eye sight(no glasses), and they are younger than me. It sucks. And they moved my stuff to another desk and cubicle near them. So I have to look at them all day and now work won't be fun anymore cause it's like having a mirror in front of me all the time reminding me I'm not cute, hot, or sexy.

#85 DRN94, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  6. Given To Fly

Dude there is nothing wrong with you that I can see - the only thing wrong with that picture is you look so unhappy.

Try a day in my shoes - I'll add at this point that I'm generally happy since coming out - yet I suffer with really bad psoriasis, including on my hand and around my nose where I can't just hide it under clothes. I wear glasses, or at least I'm supposed to. I've got bad teeth (my own fault I'll admit), I'm about 60 pounds overweight. What I'm trying to say is I'm not exactly the most desirable guy, yet I'm hopeful that there is a guy out there for me. It's true that he probably isn't going to be the hottest guy in the room either, but to me it's what's inside that is more important.

Please, stop beating yourself up - there are plenty of guys who would kill to look as good as you. Trust me.

7. Roman

Roman Guest

Hi, there.

You've gotten some great advice already, and I just want to re-state or add a few things:

1) You have to remember that we live in an environment that tells us, directly or indirectly, what's supposedly the standard for beauty. I have come to terms with the fact that I look nothing like those rugged Abercrombie and Fitch models, and that it's fine. You mentioned race... if you live in the US, then most of the images you see are probably Caucasian, which might be distorting your sense of self-worth.

2) You have to be confident in yourself. People can sense insecurity. Don't be haughty, but you have to learn to take pride in yourself. I'm not that much older than you (24), and I'm certainly no model, but I like to say that I had an ugly duckling experience. Nobody ever found me attractive when I was younger (I'm Slavic and have a long, narrow face, high cheek bones, pretty big ears lol -- people used to call me Dumbo!). But with a new haircut, I now take pride in those very same features that I used to despise. I think they add a nice feminine touch and are a bit elegant, with the ears adding a cute factor lol. Or so I tell myself. I am a firm believer in that some people are just late bloomers. The point is you have to find those things you love about yourself and maximize them. If glasses make you feel good about yourself, wear 'em. I've now begun putting eyeliner on because I like the accent. Do what makes you feel sexy, you'll feel better about yourself, and other people will sense that.

3) Accept the fact that not everybody will find you attractive, just as you probably don't find everybody attractive.

4) As some other people noted, find a hobby or something to not only take your mind off this, but also to add another dimension to your personality, since that can make somebody you might not otherwise consider hot to be hot.

Best of luck to you.

8. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hiya I know what you mean, just out of interest, have you heard of Body Dysmorphic Disorder? Or Body Dysmorphia? (Same thing)

Look it up and see if you feel the way that it's described, it may help you. I have it and it is extremely difficult to overcome, but you sound like me when I first started to be like that.

9. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Jeeze I wouldn't just date you~ *ahem* You're fine I have no idea what you're trippin on, but w/e it is you better share, puff puff pass baby

10. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha you're funny. Why don't you post a picture of yourself?

11. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hah, funny you say that I was thinking about it but I don't have my phone with me to take a picture. I hate to be the bearer of excuses but that's the deal.

Not my favorite picture, taken a week or so before halloween.

#91 CasperTheGhost, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  12. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Bree

If it helps, the one person I fell hardest for couldn't be called good-looking by any standard--and he was the most attractive person I've ever met. He has the longest chin and nose, and a wide forehead that made his face all out of proportion. You know what? People FLOCKED around him--because he was relaxed, funny, confident. He could have had any girl (he's straight, and married now).
    A boy I knew in high school developed serious acne--and he had a loving girlfriend. The next year his skin was clear and she dumped him. The was another boy with bad skin who was so awesome everyone crushed on him.
    Despite what everything in the media tells you, it doesn't matter what anyone looks like--the most attractive thing in the world is confidence.

I worry about your statements about race--why would you consider someone who's caucasian any more attractive than someone who's black? Remember that everyone has different people that they're attracted to--you may go for pretty white boys, and I bet you there're just as many white boys who go for black men.

14. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, so are you. :slight_smile: Personally I perfer more close up pictures, without the hat.

15. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sure you do lol you're quite the cutie. How tall are you?

16. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh I'm like 5'9 5'10 somethin like that, I'm already the tallest man in the house lol.

17. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 5'6"ish -.- I'm a little guy. But not all of me is little :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mmm don't even go there yet, I don't even know how to respond without making it dirty, so I'll leave that here.

19. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, sorry. That was awkward lol why does it say you're "banned"?

20. prism

Hate to break up this pity party, but the most unattractive qualities are always insecurity and low self-esteem.

I've been attracted to lots of people that have not been conventionally attractive. It's their personalities (confidence, humor, etc.) that draw people in.

Keep your chin up!