1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I didn’t feel anything sexually

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Danielle1, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Here is my clear goal:
    -lose fat on chin/cheeks
    -lose arm and leg fat
    -lose waist fat (I don’t care too much about my ribs being visible)
    There’s a few other places I want to lose weight on but they’re small.

I will ask my therapist about potential drugs and I’ll tell her my concerns with them. I hope they have methods that can fix me.

My lack of energy might be because of constant starvation. It’s something I’m fine with if I can lose weight. Thinking constantly of eating foods like wallnuts (one of my favourite foods actually) makes me hungry and also quite irritated/ upset.

I’m sure there will be a point where I finally am satisfied. Maybe I’ll allow myself to eat more then as long as it doesn’t increase my weight.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you are correct but I doubt it. Not that I’m a big fan of BMI but what would your current BMI be?
    Being happy with your appearance should never be about starvation, there is nothing healthy about that. If you are exercising (which you said you were) and you are not over eating (which you are not) then it cannot possibly be a healthy situation. As for constantly thinking about food, if you weren’t starving yourself then perhaps you wouldn’t be constantly thinking about it.

As long as you are happy to work with them then I’m sure the therapist has methods that can work for you. It’s not going to be a quick or easy fix but when you get there it will be worth it.

Keller and Rayland like this.
  3. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My bmi is currently just normal weight. Also since I do running, my legs will have a bit of muscle as well, which might inflate the results a little. Recently I had an argument with my parents about me eating and they started being very mean about it so I decided to make it look like I eat to not get them worried. You didn’t really say much wrong, it’s just what you said about it being unhealthy reminded me about that argument.

I don’t really want to stop my eating habits. Unless my therapist can persuade me otherwise, I really don’t want to.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not going to want to change your habits though because in your mind as you see it you need to lose weight. Do you not think your parents are just looking out for you?

Rayland and Keller like this.
  5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I may sound a little harsh, but my intention is not to make you feel bad, but I decided I will tell bluntly how the things are.

If people do not want to change their ways themselves, then no matter what anyone says wont help.

If you say you don't want to change your eating habits and work with a therapist to get better, then nothing will change. It's like this with every mental issue.

There is no miracle drug that would magically make you feel better.

Speaking from my own experience. It all takes hard work. Sometimes you need to do things that will make you feel uncomfortable or nervous. You can't stay in this comfort zone, if you want to get better, because this is exactly what it is. A comfort zone, where things harmful for you make you feel better and if it all dissappears, then it will be hard and uncomfortable and nerve wracking and you will cry, but with parental and professionals help it all can get better.

I'm on your side, this is why I'm saying it all. Hugs.

chicodeoro, mnguy and Keller like this.
  6. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think I’ll clarify what I mean better. I don’t want to change my eating habits, I think they are the best way to make myself look better, which is why I don’t want to change them. I understand people’s concerns about my health. But I don’t personally mind the consequences as long as I can view myself better one day. It’s similar to the reasons why I self-harm. I know it’s bad but it helps me feel happy so I don’t really want to stop. We’ll see what happens in therapy, I could change my mind be I don’t think I want to the leave the ‘comfort zone’ as you put.

I’ll try to work with a therapist to make me more happy and help with social anxiety. I can try to talk to others, I just think I might need a lot of guidance to do it but I will try to solve it.

7. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    They probably were, but I hate when they get concerned about me. They seem to make a big deal out of it. They’ll shout at me instead of talking to me privately. I would happily discuss things more in private but they never do. So I never want to tell them again about stuff they are concerned about.

8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    100% per cent what Rain said.

Perhaps you think you know best, Danielle. But I know people who have either had anorexia and/or have self harmed and I'm sure Rain and others who have been on this thread do too. We've all witnessed that it never ends up well. It always results in hospital visits, tears, pain and heartache for both the individual involved and their family.

Any therapist worth their salt will say exactly the same thing.

Beth

Rayland likes this.
  9. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look, I know that sucks when your parents act like they’re mad at you when you just want to talk to them about something that concerns you. My parents did that a lot, and I didn’t want to tell them anything either.

It’s more than a decade since I’ve became a parent myself… And you know, I can’t blame them. Yes, the kind of reaction you described is absolutely, totally wrong. But please do try to see the other side of it - they’re shocked, hurt, angry at themselves… They want to help, but they don’t know how to or might not even completely understand what the actual problem is. They see that something isn’t right, that something is bothering you - every parent sees if their child has troubles. Please, try to talk to them - they need it as much as you do.

And your eating habits alone are a big deal, even if you might not see it that way at the moment. I mean, you actually wrote that you are pretending to eat - and that’s a big red flag. Don’t take my word for it, look it up, you’ll also find other things mentioned in those same articles that you’ll surely recognise.

I’m sorry if I sound as if berating you, me and everyone here is on your side - we all just try to help. Rain, Beth and @silverhalo are right, and deep inside, I’m sure you know that.

Saskia96, chicodeoro and Rayland like this.
  10. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've told you before in a PM about my sister in real life.

She was diagnosed with anorexia. She threw up involuntarily and fainted often and her weight was close to the dangerous level. She is so thin that her bones are showing through the skin. She is now disabled. I don't think you would like such a future.

I can tell from an experience, that it's all just as hard, if not even harder to the family members, who have to see it all from aside and not being able to do anything to help. Sometimes it gets extremely frustrating. There were times I was praying for my sister, when she was rushed to the hospital again. My hair strings turned white from worry. It was awful seeing her suffer and hearing her telling me she wants to die.

11. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What happened sounds awful ): I’m sorry it happened.
    I sincerely doubt that’s what’s going to happen to me. I just don’t see it happening.

I understand that some of you are quite concerned about me. Just like how my parents are concerned about me. Please don’t be, I’m not worth the time or effort. I’d prefer not to talk about it anymore.

12. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's okay. It's not as bad anymore, but still we can't let her go far by herself, since were afraid that she might faint.

I was just telling this story, so you would know how bad it could get and know where I'm coming from and why I'm saying it all. I'm not saying it will 100% happen to you, but it is something that can get fatal, if it all gets addictive, where you can't stop, but where therapy can help. My sister stayed at a mental hospital for a few weeks.

Just wanted to say this final thing.

13. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's nothing wrong with having 'goals' for your body and how you look. And there's a lot of satisfaction to be had in achieving them. But what you don't want is to get there only to find maintenance is a battle, and the way you're going about it is probably going to be where you end up. If you starve yourself until you are whatever body fat % you desire, you're going to have such a low metabolism that you're constantly tired and your body will tell you to eat, and when you do eat, which inevitably you will, you are going to put on body fat quickly.

I know I've said similar before, but you need to lift weights and eat close to maintenance calories, with as much of that being protein as you can tolerate.You want to see the scale dropping by no more than 1 or 2 pounds a week. You don't want to be seeing big falls in your weight, slow and steady is the goal. The idea is to keep hold of as much muscle as you can while losing fat, via resistance training and high protein. You will look slimmer at a higher bodyweight than you will by starving yourself, which will leave you looking 'baggy'. The goal should be lean but with a high metabolism so that you don't put weight back on again quickly. If you lose it quick by starving, you lose muscle & fat together. Then when you regain, you regain just the fat and that muscle is gone for good. I have seen so much of this with fellow gymnastics girls over the years, weight going up and down like a yo-yo and them getting steadily less happy with how they look.

Keller and chicodeoro like this.
  14. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever told them that you would rather discuss things privately?

15. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don’t really like having muscle in the first place. It makes me look bigger than I actually am. It doesn’t matter if it’s only a small amount, it just makes me look big. I don’t want to change the way I eat. Your alternative will still make me look too big.

No, although I’ll tell them if they really press me on it (in private obviously). When they’re shouting at me, telling them to talk privately will not make them by gentle and calm. I don’t really want to tell them either, it just makes me uncomfortable. Like talking about it now is making me uncomfortable, so I’d rather not please.

16. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You won't get big without eating a caloric surplus. Look at what anyone in a gym actually does if getting big is the goal, it is far from easy. They eat lots and they lift heavy. In a deficit, the most you'll do is get a little bit of muscle tone but that'll only happen while you have easily accessible excess fat and once that is gone, significant muscle growth will only happen while eating a surplus. Eating so little is a recipe for disaster.

17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s cool we don’t have to talk about it. I hope together with your therapist you manage to find a way to work through these problems.

18. Danielle1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks for the advice, but I don’t want to change my diet. I’ve said this a few times already.

Thank you for being understanding <3

19. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And if you ever decide you want to talk about stuff. Feel free to post on my wall or start a new thread.

20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing wrong with having sexual feelings