1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have fallen for one of my best friends... hard.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kael, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel bad, Kael. I understand how you felt when you said those things, I've been there before and made the same mistake. We tend to amplify the things the people we love do, and end up getting mad at them. I've gone through so many stages with my best friend who I love: I've obsessed over him and been really happy to be he friend, I've gotten mad at him when he did things that felt like he didn't care, and finally I've apologised to him and realised to the true value of his friendship. And now I know that I'm at a stage where I'll never be angry with him again. I love him, and he knows that, but we both understand that all we can be is friends, and we've moved on. I really think you've done the right thing. He cares about you and values you a lot.

Yes, I think telling him everything is necessary. He will understand once you tell him. Just make sure that he knows that it's confused you a lot but that you also respect how he feels.

I really hope you start to feel better soon. It's clear that you have been depressed about all this (I can't stress enough how close I feel to you right now with our experiences).

Now, on the more positive side, it's great that you made a new friend! He seems very friendly, is he cute? Yes, I think letting you two get a bit closer is a good idea :slight_smile: He at least wants to be close friends with you, if not more. :slight_smile:

(*hug*)

2. Treasury

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there, this is I think my first time commenting after reading everything. Believe me, it was worth the read! I'm quite happy you posted this since this did help a little with my own problems :slight_smile:.

I'm also very glad and you should also be very proud that you are able to calm down and realize things from another point of view and apologize to him. If people did that extra thing to step into another person's shoe, we wouldn't have so many arguments and misunderstandings in the world!

I feel like a hyprocrite when I say the next few lines, since I find myself unable to follow the same advice I'm giving you.

Say whatever's in your heart, trust your gut. If you cannot even trust yourself, how can you trust other people? Like many others have discovered, keeping things in will only tear you apart... from the inside and the pain will eventually unbearable.

If he's the friend you've described him to be, he'd be more than honoured to listen to whatever you have to say. In the end, the most important thing is that you got it off the chest, you owe him that. What comes after... well you can cross the bridge when you get to it, and most likely, there won't be a bridge to cross because your friendship remains as strong as ever, perhaps even stronger since you're both that much closer after revealing so much to him.

What I've learned? Crushes are really nice things, yet so annoying and frustrating. You sometimes just hope that you can get over it quickly. So it's really nice to hear that you're meeting new people. Get yourself out there and let who you really are shine!

Sorry, it was kinda cheesy :3, but take care and keep us updated!

3. Kael

Hey guys...

I need to stop going on these prolonged posting absences. XD They must be pretty annoying.

So, as I say every time, I will update you all about my (relevant) life so far.

School. Yay... I have quite a bit of work to do, so that is part of the reason for my absence. The other part is my laziness. Sorry...

Alright... let us begin with the most recent events that are at the forefront of my midnight mind. :3

My Mother has broken her leg in two places. She will be practically immobile for around eight weeks. It was a big shock. Coming home from school and hearing that Mother was in hospital with a broken tibia and ankle.
    I have just never seen her this... vulnerable. And it really got to me.
    Sure, my mother can be a real BITCH sometimes... but she is my mother, and I love her.

Speaking of... the bad side of my mother, something really awful happened on the weekend.
    It was around ten in the morning, and mother was still asleep. A couple of friends had invited me out to lunch. I really wanted to go, so I asked the person that had a modicum of authority (my grandmother) if I could go. She said "Only if your mother says so."
    I explained to her that Mother was asleep and I couldn't really ask. I also said that I really didn't see the harm in going, as I had not been anywhere for a while. (That's sort of a lie... I did go to the local carnival the day before with one of my friends. But only for two hours... AND I GOT MY WOLF HAT <3 <3 <3)
    Eventually, I persuaded her.

So... skip to lunch.

I had just finished my lunch when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out, unlocked it and almost died of fright when I saw what was on the screen.

Y'know that moment when you have six missed calls from your mother and about a thousand text messages?

Yeah... that happened.

So, I opened up the texts and was confronted with a bunch of "Where are you?", "Get your ass home now" and "If you don't come home now, don't come home at all. How dare you leave without asking. That's sly"

I tried all the reasoning in the world... But you know what it is like when mothers are fixated on something.... they won't budge. XD

Anyways, I went back into the restaurant and told my friends I had to leave. They asked how I would get home. I simply replied "Walk".

It was a ten kilometre (dunno how to convert to miles. Sorry) walk. Took me about an hour considering how slow I was going. I wasn't the happiest chap in the world at that moment. Quite depressed, actually.

I got home, and the usual one sided argument happened. It just made me... worse.
    I considered running away at one point. Almost did.

But... by the end of the night... everything was back to "normal".
    Mother was being nice, we had visitors over (probably part of the reason she was being nice) and I was just playing some video-games. I still had that feeling though... I wasn't... happy.

So... this leads on to yesterday (Monday).

All of Sunday afternoon, I was talking to Owen on Facebook about it.

About how I was going to run away. How my Mother was being a bitch.
    He was really supportive and caring.
    When I told him I was going to go and deal with the situation, he said "If I don't hear back from you in half an hour, I'm calling the police". He obviously wasn't being serious, but trying to show that he was worried and cared about my safety.

He said that everything would be okay and that he was there for me.
    It made me a bit happier, talking to him.
    And the good thing is, is that Owen understands everything that is happening. He has a family almost exactly like mine. Split parents. Stupid step-parents. Stuff like that.

Anyways... Skip to Monday morning... I got to school. Trudged through the gates. Sat down. I didn't really feel like interacting with anyone at that present moment.
    The bell rang and I slowly mad my way to roll call. I always wait outside Owen's roll call room, because a few of my friends (and him) are in that classroom. (I always get to my roll class five minutes late). So I stood there with my friends... Not really inputting much.
    Then I saw Owen making his way towards me through the throng of people.

He walked around a bunch of people, and my other friends, and stood next to me.
    He tapped me on the shoulder, and I looked up at him (He's a bit taller than me. Something I like to call "huggable height"). He flashed me his big, goofy/cute grin, waved and said "Hey! How you goin'?", blatantly concerned for my welfare. I didn't say anything. I just smiled weakly at him and looked towards the ground. I did not feel like talking that morning.
    I turned my attention towards him again, and saw his face drop. He wasn't very happy that I wasn't happy. I felt bad for making him feel bad.

I realised I had to go; I was running low on time to get to my own roll call class.
    I quickly mumbled "I gotta go. See you later Owen." (We had double Bio after roll call) and I went to my own classroom.

After that was Bio. This where everything gets a lot better, trust me. My whole life isn't just doom and gloom. XD

We got into Bio, and Owen and I sat together (we always do). This where I started to feel A LOT better. We started doing our Bio work whilst mucking around and cracking jokes and stuff. It was really good. We just have so much fun and we are really alike in our mannerisms and such.

He's also left-handed (I'm not, so when we sit together there is no bumping of the elbows. As he said, we have good synergy). I dunno why, but I find left handed people attractive. (Probably because Jacob was (he still is!!! XD) left handed. Lol. Weird left handed fetish. I dunno)

So, during our jokes and stuff, he always kept looking at me... but I felt it was more than a look... more like... checking out... sorta thing? I dunno. Probably reading too far into the situation again. But he did keep looking at me.

After Bio, it was recess, and we walked out of the classroom together. We walked for a while until we had to part ways. Before parting though, we stopped and faced each other.
    "I might come sit down at your group... if that's okay." He said.
    "Uhm... Of course it's okay! You're always welcome Owen. Just... I don't think it's a good idea..." I replied.
    He looked at me quizzically. "Why not?"
    "Because... my group has a lot of loud people... that I hate. So... it would be best if you not come sit with us." (Explanation: I have my group. Then I have my friends. My friends and I sort of... sit apart from the group. We aren't or annoying or anything... it's some of the people from the rest of the group (It's quite large). They are loud and annoying and by god are they obnoxious. I feel like killing some of them. I HATE loud noise. :3)
    So, Owen decided not to come, which I was glad, because... I don't like my group. But I can't leave cause that's where my friends sit. :/

Anyways... We then went our separate ways. But... Just before he left, I said, "Thank you Owen. Your really cheered me up."

He just smiled his adorable grin and replied, "It's fine, Kael. I don't like seeing you sad. I was happy to make you... well; happy!" And then he waved and left and I went down to my group. (Urgh....)

He wasn't in any of my classes for the rest of the day, seeing as I didn't have Advanced English. But I did wait outside his Chemistry class when I had Earth and Environmental science.
    I was playing a joke on him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You see, he is always saying how I should do Chemistry with him instead of Earth science. I agree with him. I would have preferred to do Chemistry. But... I didn't realise my interest in it until towards the end of the holidays when I started reading my Chemistry book.
    Anyways, I was waiting there, and he came up behind me and jabbed me in the side, asking "What are you doing here?". I whirled around and placed my hands on his shoulders.
    "I'm joining Chemistry!" I almost shouted, but I added a sarcastic edge to it.
    "Really?!" His face lit up and he smiled again. (DAMN I LOVE HIS SMILE)
    I hung my head whilst my hand where still on his shoulders. "No..." I looked up and pouted. "But I wish."
    I dropped my hands and smiled. "Ah well... I better go now. It looks like your class is going in now anyways."
    He turned his head to the doorway, then looked back and smiled AGAIN. "Yeah, I guess."
    I started to walk to my class, but turned back and waved "Talk to you tonight Owen!"
    Yet again, that heart-melting smile hit me. "Yeah, definitely!"

But that didn't happen. I got home and had to go straight to work. :/
    They didn't even tell me until this afternoon. Silly employers...

We exchanged a few words whilst I was on my break though. Mainly just chatting about today's events. Nothing major.

Owen... He is really cute. And feminine.
    I just don't know if he is straight or not...

The other night, when we were talking on Facebook, I jokingly said "I'm too perfect for that."
    His reply was, "Yes, you are! :wink:"

And the other day in English, we were sitting across the room from each other. The class was doing these presentation things on Othello. (My group did Tableaux)

He was a bit nervous about doing his, so when the class was just chatting before the presentations, he came over to where I was sitting, knelt next to me and said "Kael... I'm nervous. I need your big, warm..." He paused just long enough for me to raise my eyebrow, "... friendship." He finished off.
    I laughed and wrapped my arm around him and pulled him towards me. "I'm sure you'll be fine, Owen. Excellent, in fact."
    "I hope so..." He mumbled.
    I just laughed again and released him. The he smiled at me. That smile. :grin:

He also compliments me. A lot. That could just be a part of him being nice, but I dunno...
    He just says really nice things about me and how him and I are very compatible.

Oh! We both also REEEALLLLLY love coffee. So we agreed that we would work together on a coffee empire called "Fox Coffee" (based off of a Facebook sticker). XD

ALRIGHT GUYS!!!!

You're done!

I'm so sorry for making read so, so much. And I'm sorry if I went to creative-writing style on you. I generally like to write my own experiences like I would write a novel. :/

Thank you all, though. If you read all of this... thank you so much.
    If you have any questions to make on this post, please ask.
    It WAS one o'clock in the morning when I wrote this. So I am expecting a few things will either be left unanswered or just not explained well enough.

I hope you are all going well!!!

See you later!!!

Kael~

4. dapulu

Oh please! You like him, why're you going in circles around it? hahaha Well... only you know.

I HUGELY recommend you hug him back and be a bit more proactive in giving caring gestures, like just looking and him and smiling, touching him a bit more, start maybe playing with his hair. And as he just started making those jokes, try to add a little more innuendos :slight_smile: In summary, get up the flirting level just a little bit more :grin:

Then we'll see what happens. Just enjoy the friendship for the time being. If there's one time you feel you can pop up the "I'm bi" part, without making it seem out of nowhere, then go right ahead!

Good luck and keep us updated :slight_smile:

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg... that's happened to me soooooo many times (when you're out with friends and you check your phone to find 20 missed calls from your mother, and you're like "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt")...
    My mum also get's pretty pissed... although it's usually just because she didn't know if I was safe or not.

About Owen, he seems really fond of you (at least in a friendly way). I think he was really trying to show that when he asked if he could sit with your group. I think you should try and explain to him why you thought he couldn't join you, because he might have felt a bit rejected. Maybe you and the friends you like could occasionally have your own little group and sit with Owen.... perhaps...

Anyway, I hope everything goes well (I'll wall post you too :wink: )

6. Kael

Heya, guys!!

Quite a bit has happened since before, and most of it is for the better.

I don't feel like typing heeeaapppss... So I'll just brief you all through the main points. And some major events... :grin:

So, I sort of half ran away, half got kicked out of my house. So I am living with my grandmother at the moment. For a month. Or so. dunno. XD
    Which is really god for the following reasons:

1) I get a break from my home and the people that live there
    2) They get a break from me
    3) My grandmother is really nice.
    4) OWEN ONLY LIVES ABOUT 400 METRES AWAY

I sound like a stalker, but ah well... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So, I'm still doing the usual. Ruffling his hair; wrapping my arm around his shoulders; being really nice. Stuff like that.

Saturday was when I was kicked out. I had to go to work that night, so when I got back, I messaged Owen on Facebook.

Me: Owweeeeennnn!!~

Him: Kyle, you lovely lad.

Me: Guess what? Right now I could not be less than... let's say... 400 metres away from you? :3

Him: Whaaaattt??? Well... I'm coming to see you.

Me: Hahaha! That would be great.
    I need someone to cheer me up after today. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Him: Okay. I will be there soon. Gotta get dressed. XD

Me: Mm. Me too. Gotta change my pants. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Him: Hahaha. Ok :wink:

So, he came over at like 9:00 at night and stayed for about two hours. we just talked and talked and talked. It was really good. some quality time with him.
    Once, we were looking at photos, and I came up. It was me when I was about ten.

"Is it alright is I say you're adorable?" He commented.
    I just blushed REALLY hard. "Sure... Why not?"

So, afterwards, he walked home. Before he left, I thanked him for coming over and cheering me up. He said it was fine, and he was available anytime.

So, the next day, I had to finish my Bio assignment. And so did he. But he was going out with his "girlfriend" for coffee at three o'clock.
    I put the word girlfriend in quotation marks because... I'm sort of skeptical on the whole thing. Sure, he "loves" her and all, but doesn't show real... affection towards her.

For example; he won't kiss her. At all. I dunno why. XD

And also, today when were going to hand our assignments in, he just walked past her like she wasn't there. At the last moment though, he looked over his shoulder casually and said "Hey, ____". Not the particular girlfriend to boyfriend kind of action, right?

Anyways, I was talking to him about the assignment on stuffs after work (which was at about 9:30) and I was explaining a few things to him. This is how the conversation went down:

Me: Number of specimens is what I put for the vertical line, but species works.
    And quadrants is what I put on the horizontal line.
    Sorry for the late response. I was sort of... distracted.

Him: No, you don't have to wait on me! I'm staying up till I finish

Me: I'd rather stay up with you than stay up and do nothing. :/
    And besides, I can help you out with this. Unless you want me to go because I am distraction...

Him: Yeah, I just don't want to make you feel abandoned when I'm doing the stuff. Haha no way! Kyle you are probably (most definitely) my most trusted closest friend (excuse my grammar) so don't think you are ever annoying or distracting, you are helping. :slight_smile:

Me:The same goes for you Owen. You are definitely the closest friend I have at the moment. I can just relate to you so much, y'know? And that makes you very special to me. It's hard to find people like you. You're just so... unique.

And then we just rambled on about the assignment. He said I was superman. And the best. And he thanked me constantly for helping him out. XD

So yeah... Today was a good day at school. Because Owen was there and we spent a lot of time together. XD

In double Bio, we were sitting there just mucking around, with the teacher asking us every ten minutes how much we have done.
    At one point in the class, I said something looked disgusting, and a girl said, in a joking way, "Just look at your face."

Owen looked at the girl. then he turned to me and cupped my cheek and said "What are you talking about? Kyle has a beautiful face."

I just blinked in surprise, then smiled at him. The girl just shook her head. "You two are weird"

Anyways...
    He said he felt like shit tonight because his step-mother is home and he can't come over. he said he was sorry.
    I said he shouldn't be sorry, because it was completely understandable.

So, he's coming over tomorrow night...

I'm sorta nervous... I was thinking I should bring up sexuality nonchalantly. He does have a gay brother, so I know he is very accepting. And I have a great way to bring it up.
    My friend, she always makes jokes about my sexuality.

She knows I'm Bi, so she jokes about it around people. I find it fun, because they all think she's joking, when she is actually telling the truth. Some of these Jokes are said in front of Owen. so... I might bring one of them up. XD And then go from there.

Y'know... tell him I'm Bisexual? I dunno. I need your input on this.

And also if you think he is straight or not...

@dapulu: I know I like him. I have a HUGE crush on him. XD and yes... I am trying to bring up the flirt level a bit more. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Whiteshadows: I sit with other people now. He comes and sits with me at recess. so that's all sorted. XD
    And I will wall post you soon. I'm just so very tired from work... Four days straight of working at a delicatessen is not good for your health. :3

ANYWAYS.

Thank you all for being here for me. It seriously means so much. You are all so supportive and I doubt I'd be where I am today without you all.

I hope you guys are doing well!!

Bye!

Kael~

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my friend/crush to see if my gaydar readings were accurate, but I didn't tell him I liked him. Turns out he's straight but totally supportive and we're still friends. That's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.

8. monotone

Hope you aren't too upset about being kicked out.

9. Will2M

This is so freaking adorable. I love seeing new posts from you, Kael.

Keep us updated!!!

10. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwwww
    That's sweet.
    I think telling him can't hurt :slight_smile: And wow... he has a gay brother! I'm feeling like our generation is so much more accepting.

Just be prepared that he might tell you he's straight, and just sees you as a friend. But either way, he seems like a great friend to have.

(*hug*)

11. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is ENTIRE thread is literally the most excitingly delicious and cute thing I have read in YEARS. I am dying to know what happens next. And what happened to Jacob? Do you still talk to him? oh em gee;3

12. BlossomOfAngel

Wow, I just joined a few days ago and it's like you were telling my own story besides the fact that I'm a girl... Anyway, it's SO great that everything's turning alright for you! I was worried when I started reading because of the Jacob thing (and I won't lie, I'm completely scared that something like that could happen to me, but well, my friend has a boyfriend so... Yes, not a chance, just gotta keep going in silence and wait for my feelings to fade) but it's great that you found the strength to get over it and find something that sounds like a very promising and cute relationship.

Best of luck, you deserve it for being such a brave person ^.^

13. Kael

Hey guys!! :3

I'm quite happy at the moment. Wooohooo~~~!!

So, I'll start off with this; I told Owen I'm Bi.
    He was completely supportive. (Turns out his bother AND sister are gay and lesbian respectively). There was a little backstory to it though, so I'm going to put it up and stuffs.

Him: Kyle, you are probably my most trusted close-friend, and I feel I can say whatever and you'll not care: You're easy to be around.

Me: I cannot tell you how much that means to me, Owen.

Him: Well it's all true. You should thank yourself. For being so likeable.

And after I told him, I was talking about how some people seemed a bit distant after I told them.
    This is what he said:
    "No, really. I'm here. And if I'm distant, it's probably just my own head so come over and shake me out of it."

So, yeah... He is being really supportive. Nothing has changed between us. Really... It seems like he may have become a bit more touchy-feely, but he was like that from the start.
    BUT HE IS JUST SO DAMN CUTE AND NICE AND EVERYTHING AND OMG.
    ALWAYS sending me winky faces and smiling at me and looking at me and joking with me and touching me and and and and... *OVERLOAD*

We just have really good synergy. Almost like a symbiotic relationship.

The other day, when were doing our Bio assignment, I wrote my name on a piece of paper and he leant over a drew a small loveheart next to my name.

Also, the other night, I said I would "go and commit" jokingly after he jokingly said I try too hard to be funny.
    He said "Please don't. If you did, I would reanimate you and kill you for it."
    "I guess it's the thought that counts?" I replied. "But could you do it? Could you kill me?"
    He looked at me and smiled his gorgeous smile. "No way!"

We were talking last night, and I felt really shit.

Me: Sorry... I don't like putting this on you.

Him: No, I want to be there when you need me. I would come over tomorrow, but I need to revise my speech... I'm not free until Friday, cause I have work on Thursday. :frowning2: So it'll have to be Friday.

Me: It's alright if you don't want to come over. You don't have to.

Him: No. Why wouldn't I?

Me: Okay then. XD I gotta go... Don't feel abandoned when I leave. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Him: Haha. Oh I will. I'm clingy like that :wink:

Me: Goodnight, Owen

Him: G'night Kyleee~

So... he is coming around on Friday night. Which I am looking forward to. :3

Today, we went on an excursion for Advanced English to Wollongong's Botanical Gardens. They were showing "The Tempest" by William Shakespeare. So we went to watch that.

So, on the way there, I sat with Kate and we just talked and listened to music. Owen sat somewhere else because he got on the bus later. XD
    After two hours of sitting there doing nothing, we finally arrived. (Yay)

So, we went to take our seats on the grass. Where it was hot. And sunny. And just... HEAT.
    Owen sat down next to me, and we watched the play together. We chatted a lot throughout the day... especially about how hot and sweaty we were. (I caught him glancing at my... abdominal region when I pretended to take my shirt off :wink: )

So, the play FINALLY ended, and we started walking back to the bus. On the way home, Owen sat with me.
    He was touching me a lot. Like... holding my hand briefly, touching my face, sitting rather close to me.
    He even said at one point;

"I can't imagine my life without you, Kyle. It would be... incomplete. I'm quite certain we were meant to meet." And he smiled his heart-stopping smile at me. ARGH IT WAS SO CUTE. XD

And we were also talking about... I dunno... facial deformities I think...?

"Kyle... You wouldn't love me if I had a fucked up face."

I just looked at him. "Of course I would Owen. I love you for your personality." And I just winked at him.

So, we arrived back at school and talked more while we waited for the bell to ring. It's just so nice talking to him.
    We walked down to our bus, since I am still living at my Nan's house and we catch the same bus.

When we got to the bus though, some little, annoying kids had taken THE BACK SEAT. THAT'S OUR SEAT.
    So, Owen suggested we do something different.

We sat at the very front. THE VERY VERY FRONT. It was sorta squishy... but I didn't mind. :wink:

Anyways... We got dropped off and started walking back to our respective houses. Since he lives close by, we walk for a bit together. We were on the topic of trust.

Me: ... I just don't think it's necessary to act differently around people. If they don't like you, they don't like you.

Him: Yeah, I see where you are coming from and everything... I just have different... mannerisms around different people? Like, even with my girlfriend. I'm not really completely truthful with everyone. Except one person. I feel I can be my true self around this person.

Me: Who?

Him: You.
    I just... I feel I can be myself around you. I trust you a lot, and you're so easy to talk to and hang with. I'm at 100% me when you're around. You're so much fun, Kyle.

Me: Oh... well... Thankyou Owen. I trust you a lot... even though you don't like being trusted... but I do. You mean a lot to me.

Him: I just don't like people having complete trust in me...

Me: Oh. Don't worry. Whenever I become friends with someone, I always keep in mind that they could betray me and stab me in the back.
    I winked at him, we said our goodbyes and then parted ways.

So... That's what's been happening lately. Sorry for making you read so much.

@SemiCharmedLife: Yeah. Told him. XD It went well.

@monotone: I'm fine with it. It was more of a decision on my part. So you could call it "running away". It's good because Owen lives extremely close by and visits often.

@Will2M: I'm glad I can bring some adorableness to your life. I update erratically... But I try to update as often as I can!! :3

@WhiteShadows: Yes... I'm glad that the community is becoming more accepting! And he didn't tell me any of those things... just very supportive. And yes... He is a great friend to have!

@IcelandLover: You really think it's that exciting... I don't really think my life is exciting. And Jacob... He and I still talk. Every so often. Actually, on the bus this afternoon, he was sleeping and it was pretty cute. :3 I dunno why... but I find sleeping people cute. *weird fetish of mine surfaces* :grin:

@BlossomOfAngel: Thankyou so much! Even though I don't think myself as very brave... It's nice to hear it! I hope you are going well!! If you ever need to talk... please feel free to message me. :3

Anyways... I hope the rest of you are going great!!

Sorry if this post is a bit... messy. I couldn't really order my thoughts properly. I was too busy thinking about Owen. XD

I'll promise to keep you updated!!

See you later!!

Kael~

#73 Kael, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  14. Kael

This is a photo of Owen and I this afternoon~

One of my friends was taking a photo of me and Owen jumped in. I didn't mind... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

He's just so adorable!! :icon_redf

Kael~

(Photo: Courtesy of Kate)

Attached Files:

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He looks very handsome. Nice catch!

16. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    KAEL!!!
    You lucky bastard :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Damn that's cute. I hope you keep feeling happy, you deserve it :slight_smile:

17. Littlehawk98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kael-senpai!!!! Sore wa Honto ni kawaii ne!!!

Oh mah gawd that's so cute!!!

And he's really handsome as well!

You got real lucky to have Owen around! I wish I had a friend like that!

I hope your guys' relationship continues to get even bigger and better than it already is. Honestly, you really do deserve a friend like him!

18. Will2M

Good pic, you guys are really cute together. This may be completely out of line but I think you are getting close to the point where should tell him about how you feel... You very clearly like him and while you may not know his sexuality, he does seem very flirty with you as well as touchy feely, which does not mean nothing.

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

19. Kael

Hey all! :grin:

*sigh* Today was... quite a large day. Rather tiring... but overall, it was good. Very good. There was only one... no... two downsides to it.

Life is good. School is... tolerable. So I'll just skip to the main topic. (Might brush over the aforementioned ones though.) :3

Owen. Owen. Owen.

He's just... so cute. Amazing. Adorable. A really great guy.
    He is becoming more touchy-feely, and he lets me touch him more too. (Flirt level is UP :wink: )

Last night, we were talking about swapping minds and souls. He said he would invade my body with his mind and soul. I asked where my mind and soul would go.
    "Straight to hell" was his reply (Jokingly of course).
    "But... I'm an angel." I exclaimed.
    "Oh really?" He questioned.
    "Of course!~ Isn't it obvious?
    It hurt when I fell from Heaven."
    Owen then said "Aww. That's kinda cute in a way." Then he suddenly said "kawaii" (which means "cute" in Japanese). I asked him how he remembered what it meant.
    He said "Oh. It was because you told me. Why wouldn't I remember?"
    Then I said "Anata wa hontou ni kawaii desune!!~" (Which, if I remember my Japanese correctly, means "You are very cute!")
    He asked what it meant, and I told him the translation.
    He then started calling ME cute in Japanese. I was surprised he could remember the phrase so quickly.
    When he had to go, this was the message he sent me;
    "Hmmm, I have to do homework for an hour... :frowning2: Then bed. So I think this may be goodnight for now. I will check in before I go... but yeah...
    Goodnight! Kairu wa kawaii!~ xx :slight_smile:"

So... he called me cute AND sent me kisses. Oh god... :icon_redf It was so cute.

Alright, skip to today...

He was leaning on me... because he was tired. He came up behind me once and wrapped his arms around my neck whilst I was walking. He ruffled my hair. He was just... *squee* Very flirtatious.

But that was nothing compared to this afternoon after school.

So... we caught the bus as usual, got home and started walking the usual path.
    We were just talking about random stuff, when he randomly said out of the blue;
    "I really enjoyed sitting with you at lunch today, Kyle" he said. (It's strange that he sat with me at lunch, because he usually goes off and sits with his girlfriend... let's call her "Chloe")
    I just smiled at him and replied "That's fine Owen. I like sitting with you. We have good conversations."
    We got to the corner where we usually separated and stopped. Owen turned to me. "I felt bad for Chloe though... I usually sit with her at lunch. I just really wasn't in the mood for her today. I hate having to watch what I say around her. It's an effort..."
    I gave him a questioning look. "What do you mean? Are you finding it hard to be around her?"
    He scuffed the ground with his foot. "Hmmm... No. I like her and everything... I just don't know if I really want anything serious with her at the moment. Like, she's always dropping off hints that she wants to make it serious... but I don't want to. I don't know if it's going to last... I really just want someone I can be myself purely around..."
    I jokingly pointed to myself and stuck my tongue out at him. Then I took a more serious tone. "Well... I definitely see where you're coming from. You should just test the waters first for a while.. see if you do want to make this serious. Then go on from there. If you don't, you don't. If you do... go for it."
    He looked at me and sighed "Yeah... Anyway, I better go."
    I smiled at him. "I'm gunna walk you down to your path."
    "Oh." He said. "Okay. I'll make sure there are no spiders" (We're both deathly afraid of them)

So, I walked with him to the dirt path that leads to his house.
    "You should come in." He called over his shoulder, brushing away the plants that over-hanged.
    "Alright!" I said.
    I went inside his house, put my bag down and he showed me around.

HE HAS A PIANO.

So, I sat down and played him a few songs. He sat next to me on the piano chair and watched intently.
    When I finished, he said, "That was amazing..."
    I blushed and looked down at the keys of the piano. "Thanks... I'd love to hear you play sometime too."
    He just laughed and said, "Oh, I'm no good. I just muck around on it and try to make it sound good. The only song I really know is Fur Elise."
    I looked at him. "Still..." I looked at my watch. It was 4:25. I'd been at his house for about half an hour. "Shit... I better get home. My grandparents are probably worried about me..."
    Owen smiled his amazing smile and said, "Well, I'll walk you home then!"

I blinked. "Are... are you sure? You don't have to."
    He put is hand on my shoulder. "Of course I'm sure."

So he walked me back to my house. On the way, we were talking about random things.

We arrived at my grandparents house. Every door was locked. The garage door was down. No one was home.

"Oh..." Owen said.
    "They're not home..." I said with a worried tone in my voice. "I hope they haven't gone looking for me..." I was sorta stressing out.
    I didn't want my grandparents searching for me. All around town. That would cause them so much worry and grief. And I don't want that.
    "Huh..." I put my bag down on the front doorstep. "I guess all I can really do is wait until they come back.." I sat down on the porch.

Owen sat down next to me. (Quite close)

I turned to him. "What're you doing? I thought you needed to go somewhere?" (He couldn't come over tonight because he had a family dinner to go to.)
    He smiled. "I'm not gunna leave you here alone. I'll wait with you."
    I was shocked. He'd go that far? "You don't have to. I don't want to keep you from this dinner with your family."
    He chuckled. "No.. I don't have to. But I want to. And don't worry about the dinner... It's not until 7:30 anyway."
    "Owen..." For some reason, I was becoming a bit... upset? "Thank you so much."

We talked. And talked. And talked. ( Somewhere amongst the talking, we hunted around the house for a spare key.)
    It was an extremely deep and meaningful conversation. I almost cried at some of the things we discussed. We now know so much about each other... but not everything. :wink:
    We were talking for almost two hours.
    It was 5:30. My grandparents still hadn't turned up.

"Kyle... I gotta go. I just got a text from mum..." Owen looked at me. He looked... unhappy.
    "It's really okay, Owen. If you need to go, you need to go." I got up and walked out on to the front lawn. Rain clouds were forming, but the sunlight was streaking through the gaps in the clouds. "Wow! Owen! Come look at this!"
    He got up and walked over. "Oh my god." He stood beside me. "That's beautiful..."
    We admired the view for a moment, then he turned to me with his hands on his hips.
    "Kyle... I really don't wanna leave you here like this..."
    I folded my arms and leaned towards him. "Do you really think I can't take care of myself?"
    He winked at me. "No... I just don't want you to feel abandoned..."

What happened next... Well... It was like my body just... moved.
    The next thing I know, my arms are wrapped around him. And his arms are wrapped around me.
    "Thank you for staying with me Owen..." I mumbled into the crook of his neck. ("Huggable height" yo)
    "Anytime, Kyle. Thank you for being locked outside of your house... It got me out of my usual, lazy routine."
    We then separated... and he had to go. We said our goodbyes, and he left.

My grandparents arrived back home about twenty minutes later. They weren't looking for me.
    My Nan was with my mother at the hospital. Mother has a blood clot in her broken leg. Apparently, these can be very dangerous... so I'm worried for my mother's welfare. I'm going to visit on Sunday to help her out and stuff.
    My Grandfather was visiting his brother.

So... I didn't get in trouble or anything.

Anyways... That's my life at the moment.

Again... I apologise for the length. I should really learn to summarise better so you guys don't have to read so much...

So... Owen is unsure of his relationship with his girlfriend. He and I have been spending much more time together. He is also becoming a bit more flirty and open towards me. What should I make of this situation?

I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Hope you're going well!!

See ya!!

Kael~

P.S. Gotta reply to the peoples...

@resu: He is very handsome. I'm very lucky to have met him. He is such a great friend.

@Whiteshadows: I am a lucky bastard... :wink: I feel... mixed at the moment. But... still happy from the adorable events of the day!! Thankyou!! <3

@Littlehawk98: Taka-chan!!~
    Hai hai! Hontou ni kawaii kattadesu yo!! (Little Hawk!!~ Yes yes! It was very cute!!)
    I am very lucky to have a friend like Owen. And I'm sure you have great friends! And I'm sure you'll make many more!! You seem extremely likeable.. So yeah! You'll make heaps of friends! I'm sure of it. And thank you. I hope things are keeping positive on your end!

@Will2M: Thanks! I'm definitely on a borderline of telling him and not telling him. The time is ripe... I just... I dunno. Thanks for your advice though!! I take it all on board very seriously! Hope you're going well! And yes... I like him. A lot. XD

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope your mom gets better. Blood clots can be very dangerous if they get to the brain and cause a stroke.

Your story with Owen was like a mini-drama! You did everything right, and really the burden is on him to decide what path he wants to follow. Like Will2M said, prolonging this situation may hurt both of you: you by having to pretend to just be a platonic friend, him by not really knowing your feelings (and potentially not fully aware of his own feelings for you). You could start things by talking to him about hypotheticals about love in general, about how friendship can turn into something more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.