1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have fallen for one of my best friends... hard.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kael, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrow Ace

I don't really have any words of wisdom because I've only been through this once and it turned out that the girl I like is gay and now we're dating sooo....
    But either way I hope all ends well for you and him! I wish you luck on your quest c:
    I would say get his opinion about the lgbt community though, like say something about what a pity it is about the prime minister or how good it is about the ACT :V

2. D43054

You've opened a door into your life for him. It will take him some time to decide if he wants to enter or not. The good news is that he has accepted you... You can always maintain the friendship. He may also be unsure of what his feelings for you really mean.

Give him time... Remain the close friend that he has grown to love... His true feelings will develop and he'll let you know when he's sure.

You're doing great!

3. Kael

Thank you all so much! You don't know how much all this advice and stuff means to me! You guys really do help me out heaps! :3

Anyways... we are talking a lot and stuff (at school and over Facebook), and he seems... I dunno... happier when I'm around, especially over Facebook. You know, heaps of smiley and exclamation marks.

I don't really know... I'm just happy to be his friend, but I would like it to develop into something more...

The baseline is; I'm happy at the moment. He's happy too. So... everything's good. :grin:

Hope all of you are going alright! :3

See you 'round!

Kael~

4. Kael

A little, tiny update.

He just said the cutest thing! He asked if we had English tomorrow, and I said, "No, but we have double Maths. :frowning2:". His reply was;

"Oh... that. Uhm... at least we have something together." ('cause it's the only periods we are together in tomorrow).

And as I'm saying goodnight right now, he is just being really.. caring. Like... saying things like "Please get a good sleep. Or at least try."

Anyways... just thought I'd mention it. :3

He's just become a lot more kind and thoughtful than before I told him I was Bi.
    It's not like he wasn't before, but he has become even more. And even though it shouldn't, it just gives me that little glimmer of hope.

Yeah... so... That's my little update.

See you guys later!!

Kael~

#24 Kael, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  5. Arrow Ace

That is so sweet! I can't wait until your next update! I really hope he turns out to be willing to give you a chance!

6. Mzansi

Well that's amazing!
    It's lovely when something like coming out brings you closer as friends :slight_smile:

7. Kael

Thanks guys!

I'll be sure to keep you updated! I wanna thank you all for your consistent support and advice. :3

I gotta run! You know.. school and everything.

See ya 'round!

Kael~

8. Kael

Hey guys! How are all of you?

Just a bit of an update.

So... my brother is coming back home from France, but won't be home until 4:00 in the morning. So.... I needed something to occupy me other than video games. :3
    So, I asked him if he would stay up with me, even just for a little bit, tonight. He said "Of course!". I kept asking if he was sure and stuff, and he kept saying "Yes, I'm sure." It just seemed like a really nice thing to do.

He was also saying my writing (the English task thingy is due tomorrow) is "awesome!" And just genrally complimenting me. Like when I told him I was gunna stay up for my bro, he said "Awww. Your too nice, (insert my real name here)!"

I may be looking to far into it, but - as I've said before - he's become a lot more caring and happier ever since I came out to him.

Anyways... that's my little update. Don't know if it was really worth mentioning or not... but... there you go! :3

See you guys later!

Kael~

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Kael
    Keep up with the positive little things :slight_smile:
    He definitely really cares about you, just make sure you don't get over-clingy or put him off (but I doubt that will happen)
    Keep us posted.

10. happiness

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Kael!

Just read through some of your posts spread out on this thread. First of all, I just want to say congratulations again on telling him you are bi. That takes real courage and it is great that he is okay with it!

Second, I can see the situation from both perspectives. I think it is possible you are sending mixed signals to him which explains the distance he may have felt. I know this sounds really tricky because "you don't want to lose him" but just try and think of the possible outcomes and visualise what he will do. He could say he just likes you as a friend which might be awkward or awesome depending on the tone. Or he could say he likes you more than friends too!

If you think of it like that I think you will be okay. You can even start by saying something like, "This is really hard/uncomfortable for me because I don't want to lose you as a friend...."

Just some food for thought.

11. Kael

Hey guys!

I take all of your advice on board, and I'd like to say thanks! (AGAIN)

So, when I asked him to stay up all night, he agreed, but fell asleep at around 11:30. XD
    I didn't mind. I found it quite adorable... :3
    The next day, he kept apologising. I said it was fine and such, and I'd rather let him get his sleep than be kept awake by me. :3

In English yesterday, he said "Thankyou for doing the English thing, (insert my name here)."
    I said it was fine, and he didn't have to thank me.

"No, seriously. Thankyou..." And then, he looked into my eyes and mumbled, "... for everything."

I was sort of taken aback. I just looked back into his eyes and said, "Hey, it's really okay, (insert his name)."

Anyways... That's a little update on the situation.

See you guys later!

Kael~

12. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awww
    So cute!!!
    :3

13. Kael

I know right?!

I just can't get over how amazing he is...

Monday will be the last day I see him for six weeks, because we don't really interact outside of school except for online...
    I was gunna make and give him an anklet. I've been making them for quite a few people, but I'll make his extra special!! :3

Anyways... Year 11 next year... wow... it seems so unreal. We picked mostly the same subjects, except I picked Music instead of Bio, and he did Agriculture instead of the Business Services VET course. All the others are the same; Advanced English, Mathematics, Earth & Environmental Science and Ancient History. :3

So... at least we will share some classes. Which'll be good.
    When we were picking our subjects (this is before I told him I was Bi), I told him we had a lot of classes in common. He was pretty happy about that. I also managed to slip in how he was a bit of the reason why I picked them. (But not the whole. I actually really like those subjects as well). He said he felt bad because he felt like he made me pick the subjects. I told him not to be, because I wanted to be in those classes and it was just an added bonus that he was in them.
    In the end he agreed with me and was happy I was going to be with him in his classes next year...

Anyways... that's my tangent on school life...

I hope you are all going well!!! :3

See you guys later!

Kael~

14. Kael

Hey guys...

I was just reading over all of my messages with him. It's surprising how many times he told me he loved me. And said I am a great guy. And that he'll always be here. And SOOO many love hearts. :3

Anyways... I want to know if I should tell him - slowly - about the crush I have on him... See... school ends in three days, and tomorrow'll be the last day I see him. I told him this, and he said we should do something over the holidays...
    I said, "Sure. We should organise something together. Maybe bring a few other people along."
    So... we might be doing something over the holidays...

I just want to know how I should address my feelings for him and maybe tell him about them...

I just don't know how to approach him about it, when I only see him at school, and it would be horrible to tell him online.

Anyways... I hope all of you are doing well.

See ya.

Kael~

15. dapulu

Hmmm I think you should hang out with him outside of school first. Enjoy the friendship for a bit.

What I'd try to add is a little flirting here and there. A lot of straight guys put clear boundaries when they get the feeling a guy's flirting with them, so if he's comfortable maybe he'll make them too.

By the way the "Thank you...for everything" killed me!!! OMFG so cute! :grin:

Best of luck and wishes :slight_smile: Keep us updated

16. valkyrieofgodod

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    omg it's so damn cute Kael !!!! Just enjoy it . Hang out with him outside school . Dont rush anything . Omg i wish he was the one to confess to you Kael . ^^

17. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Kael
    I'm a bit scared about trying to give you advice, because I'm honestly not sure what the best thing to do is, and I'm scared I'll get it all wrong and make you do the wrong thing.

I think it's clear that you both REALLY care about each other. I think that the most important thing is that whatever you do, you make sure that the friendship stays unchanged. This could mean that when you do want to talk to him about what you're feeling, you ask him to promise that nothing will change no matter what, or something along those lines.

About telling him your feelings:
    You could tell him soon. You guys are definitely very close, and I don't think he'll take it badly if he doesn't feel the same way. On the other hand, it IS possible that he's feeling the exact same way as you are. Your other option is to wait / get closer to him first. I think ultimately it's your call on what you think is best. If you did wait a while, you might feel more comfortably / close enough. You might even just start getting physically close and start hugging/cuddling. Another possibility is that he might even make the move and tell you first. But, that is only IF he feels the same way.

The only thing I'm worried about is the chance that you might get hurt, Kael. I understand what you're feeling right now, I can recognise that you love him. I've been there, I know the high... It will be hard for you to do while you're feeling to entranced by him, but if you tell him, you need to emotionally prepare yourself for any outcome.

I really really really hope this works out for you. :slight_smile: (PS post on my wall :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

18. Kael

AHHH!!! WhiteShadows!! Sorry... it's been a while, aye? I promise to post soon. When I get the time. I'm only doing this short post

Anyways...

Everything's going well!! Again, I thank you all for your advice. It helps me so much.

And I definitely will try to be a bit more... flirty with him. On that topic... I suck at being flirtatious... any advice on that? >.< (That's so embarrassing to ask...)
    Then I can gauge what he thinks/feels about it.

I'm a bit nervous... hehe...

Anyways... Hope you are all going well.

@WhiteShadows: I promise to post soon when I get the time!!! XD

Anyways... See ya later!!

Kael~

19. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...
    How to be flirtations...
    I guess... subtle things
    Keep telling him how amazing he is, maybe smile at him a lot.
    You could tell he's cute when he does something cute...
    "Accidentally" brush your leg/foot up against his so they're just touching when you're randomly sitting down / watching a movie or something and see how he responds.
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. the prince

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    omg u and I have the same story :grin: , It's like someone is telling me my story xD .
    Anyway but When I came out to him I told him I love him so much :slight_smile: and it was great !!! at least that what I thought :/ .
    From what I read I think u should think of telling him u love him (he is caring and kind and accepted u as Bi so why he won't accept ur love :wink: )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.