1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by brbrow5, Sep 6, 2014.

1. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's cute :grin:
    Well I think it's really good he's admitted to you he's confused; it takes trust to do that. At this point I think just give him some space regarding the topic and just continue to be his friend. Later on you can gently prompt him a bit more.

Keep us updated!!
    :slight_smile:

2. brbrow5

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At this point, I texted him the next day and asked if he was going to the football game that night, to which he did not respond. I was kinda mad at that. Then, he shows up at the game and barely says a word to me. So I haven't texted him since, its been about 5 days since then. Am I being stubborn and unrealistic by not texting him or is it good to maybe give him that week of space and see if he reaches out and if not then try texting in a little while? I am kinda conflicted

3. SomeNights

Yes and no. You have to think way back to the first time you thought you might be gay. Which for some can cause a LOT of internal conflicts. If you really wanna pursue him, your just going to have to be patient and play the game by his rules for a while.

4. brbrow5

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's been really standoffish to me at this point. We did have a really good convo about 2 weeks ago where he just confirmed again that he didn't know what he wanted yet. Since then any conversation that I try to initiate is met with short answers that make it clear that he doesn't want to talk to me. It's been about a week since I've talked to him last and I plan on keeping it that way unless he reaches out. I can't force someone to come to terms with themselves before they are ready to and clearly me being involved in his life does more harm than good for him. I just don't know what changed in him from when I first began texting him and he asked that "If I ever dated someone from our high school, would I keep it a secret?" to his now blatant desire to cut me out of his life. Its probably just his desire to be straight and nothing else and he views me as a threat to that and is reacting accordingly. So I have given up on him until further notice. No good will come out of this on either side. After months of grovelling to get his attention, I finally have realized that this will never blossom into what I had hoped it would. On the flip side, the kid from my Halloween Party update post awhile back is texting me all the time now. We also hung out with some mutual friends a couple weekends ago. He still asks who the person I am interested in is and how my situation with him is going but I never tell him. He always says stuff like "I don't know how anyone could ever not want to be with you" which is always so sweet and makes me feel good. Idk my situation with this kid is such a stark contrast to what I have been dealing with for the past few months that it is refreshing and almost makes me want to see where that goes?

5. SomeNights

He probably feels really vulnerable. Scared that you might out him. Scared that he'll out himself at some point. Scared about what everyone else would think. It's hard because you're either really abstracted from when you felt like that(providing you did) by the amount of time that has gone by since then. Try to think back to what you felt like when you first realized you were gay.
    Er...well you got a few things right. You can't force him to come out, but you've got him thinking about you in terms of more than just friends, which obviously means he might be interested in guys and more importantly dating you. I do not think that you being in his life is hurting him or you more than helping. You're challenging each other which is part of life. You by making him face the subject of sexuality, which is obviously something he's put little thought into or intentionally ignored. While on the other hand he's challenging you patience, understanding and helping you to learn what you're willing to "put up with" from someone (and who knows maybe dating someone who is in the closet just isn't your thing)
    Quitter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just kidding, but seriously that's okay. Just make sure you either 1) learned something about yourself though all this or 2) take some time to reflect and find the good points of this, because no one wants to walk away with a bitter taste in their mouth.

Go for it! the joys of high school/college/anything that forces you to be around and interact with other people. Experiment, see what happens. Just like I said in my last rant though, try to always remember the good things and keep your head up.

6. brbrow5

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the advice you have given me. I guess time will tell whether or not in the future if he will come to any self-realizations. I feel like I did absolutely everything in my power to try to make something work with him but it is just poor timing. We are at different places in our acceptance of our sexuality and I need to understand and respect that. In regards to me being a quitter, do you really think I am giving up on this prematurely? Although I am trying to be patient, at this point in my senior year of high school, I do not want to continue to feel bogged down and feel like my continued efforts with him are being undervalued and tossed aside. Do you think I should give it a little while before throwing in the towel? My feelings for him are still there, it's my frustration with the situation that is driving my desire to move on.

7. SomeNights

I'm glad you find the advice helpful and not just me babbling. The quitter comment was a complete joke and I didn't mean it in any way other than that. It goes a lot better when you can see my facial expressions.

I think you're looking at a situation with a black/white filter that should be viewed in color. You're not in a relationship with the guy that you've been interested in. You can look at multiple guys at the same time. (with some exceptions) I think that you should work with him and keep him around (never know when you'll need a friend) while not shutting other guys (like your new found interest) out.

8. Afterfshn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg I'm so curious where you guys stand!
    Update?

9. gamerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I also want to know how this continued :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. brbrow5

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! I haven't been on the site in awhile but I just checked this thread so I am sorry to those that have commented with the desire of an update- I am just getting back to you now :/
    Anyway, so my love life has drastically changed since my last update. I continued talking to my crush for awhile without anything really going anywhere. Around New Years I remember texting him and asking what his plans were and him being short and then eventually not answering so I thought he probably was tired and fell asleep. But I then saw that he was active on Twitter later so he was just either ignoring me or playing games. It seems stupid now, but that moment was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I felt like I was being annoying and even if I wasn't, I didn't want to be in a situation that would leave me perpetually feeling that way and continuing a useless chase of someone that would clearly never want to be caught.
    Ironically enough, after I come to this realization, a couple days later a brand new guy enters the picture. He is 3 years older than me, a college student in the city, and drastically different from the other guy I was fixated on for months. He messaged me on FB after some "cyber flirting" (I don't really know how else to word that lol). Anyway, we hit it off and I gave him my number. We chatted for a long time via text and eventually we hung out, which has led to many many more hangouts. I have been seeing him for a little over a month now. He is going to school in the city and I am doing my thing at home but it is admittedly hard continuing communication and vivaciousness in a long distance relationship. This whole new thing probably deserves its own thread as there are many problematic topics that I have faced while seeing him (not the least that my sister, who is 4 years older, was friends with him in high school and is weirded out by the whole thing). But, for the most part, things are really good and he comes home from school when he can. For now, I am very happy with where everything is at right now :slight_smile:
    Back to mysterious crush- He is back to texting me occasionally (only on a friendly basis though) but there is still a part of me that still gets that fuzzy feeling every time he texts or is slightly flirty. I still do talk to him in school but that's pretty much the extent of it. With everything with this new guy, I have laid off of my old crush and I think he has sensed that too. Still, every time I pass him in the hall I still have that unshakable feeling that there is something unrequited between us-that we were meant for more than just the occasional friendly text or "hey" in school. Is it wrong to still have these feelings while I am seeing someone else?
    Sorry for the long update but I just realized how much I have been leaving out and how much has happened in 2 months.

11. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!

Good to hear from you :slight_smile:

Well, I it sounds like you're doing what's best. If the first guy is in his own world and doesn't seem to have potential, then it's best not to dwell on him / get attached.

Hope everything goes well with your more recent friend, keep us updates on any developments :slight_smile: