1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I went from straight to gay in a span of just a few months

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinf, Jun 12, 2012.

1. rachael1954

beautiful story. thanks so much. It gives reassurance and hope to those of us out there still in the fear and shame stages.

2. xenu

While I don't have a boyfriend, the realization hit me pretty hard about six months ago because of a now former best friend. Believe me, I know how tough the change can be. It left me near suicide for months and I'm still seeing a therapist about it regularly. And yes, its still hard to take the rough days, I tend to swing back and forth between joy and despair on this. The truth is, I've always had a tendency to form emotionally intimate male friendships, yet never really seemed to do so with women, and I've always been sexually attracted to these guys, if sometimes in denial about it. I'm waiting until the holidays are over to come out to the rest of my family, mostly to avoid being the hot topic. Only a few have been told so far. I'm just beginning to find a support system though, and will probably start doing some volunteer work at the local equality center soon to find more like minded people, mostly guys for obvious reasons. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Feel free to PM me if you would consider joining that system.

#62 xenu, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  3. Guelito

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel funny saying this cause it's what everyone else said also but... Wow! Best of luck to you guys!