1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been insecure about something you couldn't change?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Pterodactyl

I was born with some medical problems, an enlarged aorta to subluxated lenses (eye problem) and scoliosis to name a few, but none of that really got to me after a certain point in my life. What did, however, get to me was my hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is when a persons thyroid gland doesn't produce enough of certain hormones. Mine is genetic (I didn't do anything to cause it), and also led me to having a goiter(an enlarged thyroid), which makes my neck look really fatty.

I'm 6" (which is pretty tall for a girl, right?) and I'm not overweight, but I do look overweight from the collarbone up because of my disproportionate neck. In seventh grade I grew my hair out in an attempt to cover my goiter, and I've had long hair ever since (I detest having long hair- I don't think it's very me-ish if that makes sense). I've always known that I can't change my genes, but I'm finally at a place where I'm starting to let go of my neck hate.

The thing I love about my whole predicament is that one of my least serious medical conditions is the one that has caused me the most heartache. But I'm over it.

Final thought: Concentrating on all of your flaws causes you to lose sight on how amazing you are. And you all are pretty amazing c:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My voice and my hair :/ And the whole gay thing.

3. Timm

I'm insecure about my appearance in general, but particularly that I'm losing my hair and I'm only a few days away from being 24. I considered shaving it all off, but I'm unsure if I could pull off the whole "bald" look.

4. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How "young" I look.
    I wish I was a little taller.
    My left eyebrow is funky lol... actually just the left side of my face entirely >.<

Dumb things, but they plague me at times.