1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been insecure about something you couldn't change?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ^Title.

I've always been curious about what other people were insecure about. There are some things that I find attractive about people, but they hate these things about themselves. It is so interesting.

For example, my friend said that she likes my skin tone because she's extremely pale to the point where she can get sunburnt easily. It's funny, because I actually love her pale skin tone.

I used to hate my eye color. They are literally almost black. You can hardly detect the brown. I remember my friend ranked our group (of about 7 people) from best eye color to the least, and she ranked me as last. Worst part was everyone agreed, LOL. I laughed at the time, but I didn't know it bothered me so much.

What about you guys?

#1 Steve FS, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well I am very insecure about my voice.
    Its a bit too feminine and I've been ribbed more than a few times that I sound a lot like Rita Ora!:***:
    And my voice sounds even more feminine on the phone. Sometimes when I pick a call my friends would be like, "Auntie, is Logan here?"
    I scream and shout, and now that I think of it, it seems funny :wink:
    But seriously, it worries me a lot! Many of my friends have a deep mellow voice so it does worry me. (Rita Ora seriously!)

#2 mychemromance99, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing. :slight_smile:

4. thepandaboss

I have an overbite. And yes, I've had braces/expanders. Also, my height. 5'7". Hate being short. I'm also built like a potato. But don't think I hate how I look. I'm not ugly. But I sure ain't Adonis either.

5. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate my height, 4 foot 10 and everyone calls me things like ''shorty'' and touches their hand on my head to push me down. Worst part in high school was everyone saw it as a laugh and ignored how much it hurt me. ''Some people are relatively shorter in height. Get over it''.

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm incredibly bony, and I always wanted to have a cute round facial structure. Makeup can't fix that, sadly.

Also having a small bust size makes me feel like I can't pull off most dresses very well. That's probably just me being stupid. I've seen plenty of people do it amazingly but I just can't pull it off.

This is also very, very stupid: I wish I was shorter so I could wear some stylish platform boots without looking taller.

7. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I don't like my face Lol. I wish I was thinner & taller as well. I felt the same way about the eye color thing. But it doesn't bother me anymore. & I think that's kind of fucked up how your friends played that game.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Insecurity is weakness, I turned it off permanently because it's so pointless.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. At 5'8" I feel (perhaps unjustifiably) that I'm too short. Also, my surname combined with my inability to quite nail an Australian accent often inspires "oh, where are you from?", which always makes me feel somewhat foreign despite being born in Australia and having lived here virtually all my life. I feel insecure about my sense of nationality; I feel a little cut off from having a true national identity, which is more uncomfortable than an advocate of cosmopolitanism would like to admit.

#9 Aussie792, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. Distant Echo

Lol insecure? Personality, looks.... I have big green eyes, and while i like the color, they are too big. I've never understood why anyone would be attracted to me, there are a lot of far more attractive people out there.
    Yeah, insecure about pretty well everything. But years of abuse taught me that. Working on it.

Fake it (sort of) til you make it?

11. Yosia

Eh... Everyone is insecure about something, so the more you get into the mindset of 'fuck it', the less it affects you. I think my size and weight is my biggest insecurity right now. I am actually a really good weight which some people'd kill for, but I don't like it at all. Is that bad?

12. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm insecure about my trans status, for the most part. I usually stay stealth. I'm also insecure about my height. I must be about 5'5 tall now, but I rarely find dudes smaller than me!

13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm insecure about my trans status, for the most part. I usually stay stealth. I'm also insecure about my height. I must be about 5'5 tall now, but I rarely find dudes smaller than me!

14. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My height, I'm 6'5 and not too many people are into tall dudes :frowning2:

15. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, everyday I feel insecure about my weight, my face, my personality, and the fact that once I think I am super annoying

16. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be insecure about my race. I'm Indian, and I never found myself particularly attractive and wished my skin was pale. But it's just a part of me, it'll never change, and I have a nice figure and okay features. I don't know why I cared. I don't think I looked bad, and if a crush thought I was unattractive, well, their loss!

I'm still insecure about some things, though. I was born with a lot of body hair and I used to shave, and that made it worse. So I started waxing and it's better now, but I'm really insecure about it because everybody else has smooth legs and arms 100% of the time...and a smooth face. I have a little hair on my face, it's not very noticeable unless someone is up close or feeling my face. I keep very clean, and I don't smell bad, I'm not unhygienic, I just can't really stay smooth all the time. People make fun of that, too... I'm probably going to throw a fit when I'm forced to swim in school.

And I was insecure of my weight. I was 5'2" and 110 pounds, which is healthy, but I hated it, and now I weigh 92. I'm not insecure about that anymore, however I'm not proud of how I lost weight. I look good in clothes, but, there was a point where my ribs were very visible without clothes on,

17. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My voice, my height (5'2") you name it, it's probably bothering me.

18. glenriver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My height (5'5"), I'll be lucky if I grow another inch or two. My face, because I'll be unattractive for the rest of my life. My personality. A bunch of other things too. :frowning2:

19. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My nose.
    No one has ever said anything about it, but some days it just seems so large on my face. And it's red on the sides and ughhh it just bugs me.

20. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always feel I don't look nice physically. It's not like I'm overweight and really I'm quite thin but my body isn't toned and I feel so insecure about it that I end up wearing tops that are slightly bigger just to cover up my body. I also dislike my face on the occasion. I don't really feel my face looks very attractive.