1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Addiction Recovery

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Oct 22, 2007.

1. TriBi

Well done guys (and gals, of course)!(*hug*)

2. Jim1454

Well good job for doing that - posting about it here! All the while you keep it a secret it can continue to over-power you. Bringing it out into the light and sharing your problems with others diminishes the power that it has over you.

Recognizing that you might have a problem is the first step to addressing it. You say yourself that it's when you get stressed and angry that you do this. Read earlier contributions to this thread for suggestions. But make a list of alternate things that you could do when you get stressed or angry.

The sooner you stop this habit, the easier it will be. Let it go, and it just gets harder to deal with.

If you are really feeling suicidal, PLEASE reach out for help! There are crisis lines available in most western nations I'm sure - and nobody is going to judge you! These crisis lines exist because there are other people like you that feel the same way, and lots of people like us here that want to help!

PM me ANY TIME you want to chat. I can give you my phone number as well if you think you'd like to call me when you get really down. Nobody needs to be alone, sad and suffering. Including you.

3. Ty

Ty Guest

My days been so shit i feel like shit =/

4. xxAngelOnFirexx

my two months today! (!) it is definatly possible :thumbsup:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

:eusa_clap for Morgan and (*hug*) for TCT. :thumbsup:

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

SO everyone hows you all doing? since i came out to my mom i've only thrown up a few times since. (one being yesterday. i needed it. mental thing) and i still haven't cut or self harmed. its day 68 here! (*hug*)

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

How is your eating now, Morgan? Are you eating a reasonable amount of food each day?

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

yeah its pretty good. very healthy. i just recently decided to try to get more nutrients. so its many fruit, sugar free jello w/ whipped cream, carbs like ceral, oatmeal and granola and other stuff if mom cooks for us. i've been eating more sweets though so trying to cut down on that too.

9. Steam Giant

I've been doing very good cutting-wise. I haven't really had many urges at all lately, and the ones I do have, I quickly abandon the idea of self-harm, because I know that if I relapse I'd lose WAY too much ground!

10. panda

Dito for me.
    Morgan .You can love yourself as much as you love your big roly ,poly cat(*hug*)

11. Jim1454

Excellent!!! The longer you go, the better it gets! And the better you feel - not just about the addiction, but about everything! Once you get a taste of that 'serenity' you don't want to give it up. Suddently, the addiction isn't all that attractive any more.

Good job!

12. TriBi

Morgan, that's tremendous. If you are well beyond 2 months with no cutting - and you are eating well - go you!

And Dan - doesn't that mean that you would also be in the same sort of time frame?

Fan-bloody-tastic, both of you. I'm VERY impressed. :grin:

13. xxAngelOnFirexx

I wrote this today. its inspirational. its flows oddly but it does flow. here it is:
    Backspace
    I don't wanna cut right now.
    I really don't want another scar,
    nor another ride in the car,
    to hell and back again.
    No i'll just keep going.
    Getting dragged into this river,
    that's flowing so far away.
    I'm getting pulled by this current down,
    Still being scared that I might drown,
    But i won't so don't turn around.
    I need you to see.
    That I may be struggling and wet,
    but even though I'm not free yet,
    that doesn't mean that I'll never be!
    I need you more now than then.
    Come grab my hand, my friend.
    when we're together we're strong,
    so, yeah, i won't say "so long!"
    you've had your weakness's too,
    but i know that we'll make it through.
    cause even when life's at its worst,
    and we swear that we think we're cursed,
    we can just look back and see,
    that we need no sympathy!
    we just need to find our wings and try,
    cause i know that we can really fly!
    don't worry about harsh wind or rain,
    we've got through sadness and pain.
    i just know we can do it
    because soon we'll be through it.
    We'll happy and laughing one day!

14. Jim1454

That's really great, Morgan! Inspirational. I really liked it. Thanks!

"we don't need no sympathy" - I've often felt that way about my addiction.

I'm so happy that you're doing so well. I'm proud of you!

15. panda

"We just need to find our wings and ...fly!!" Thanks Morgan

16. xxAngelOnFirexx

Your welcome! and thanks for reading it!

just gotta mention although its not another month its still a number and a zero and right now that means something to me. yeah i hit the 70 days marker! my 80 will be on Christmas eve and my 90 (3 mo.) will be on Jan 4.

17. xxAngelOnFirexx

I have my phone set to remind me when its my next month of no self harm and it went off saying it is today! (it knows better than i do^!)
    So that means its been three months of no cutting for me and Dan!
    i've been doing good, there been all sorts of urges lately too with the stressers of the holidays but i made it and thats something to be happy about!
    how are the rest of you managing?

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thanks for reviving this thread Morgan. I'll be interested to hear how everyone is getting on too, especially with the holiday period to disrupt things.

Well done with the three months of no cutting too. How are you doing with eating now?

19. xxAngelOnFirexx

i'm doing okay. been eating normal for vacation. only purged once so far. thinking about going back to my crazy diet when school starts. even though the thought of being unhealithy thin scares me i still want to loose a lot of weight. i guess for me how thin i am is like a phycial form to show me how well i'm doing my my diet. it think its more about control and routinne (got used to it) than it is about looking super thin. still i find my self being very critcal of my appearence wanting to loose weight however when i actually see that i did i get sorta freaked for some reason.

20. Steam Giant

Three months clean! Yay! (!) To be honest, it really wasn't easy. The times that I was the most stressed out, I got some pretty bad urges. It's like my body wants to return to using cutting as a coping mechinism. But, the season is over, and here I am, at the three month marker! ^^

Urges aside, is there a part of me that wishes I were still cutting? Absolutely. But I combat that part of me with everything I know about how bad cutting is, and what it does to other people. Even just the fact that I have 3 months of staying clean that I'd lose if I went back keeps me from getting the blades.

I'm very interested to know how everyone else is doing too ^^ hope it's good news! :thumbsup: