1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can lack of affection lead to a spike in bi/gay feelings?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Danabutton, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i am really trying to figure myself out and it’s been difficult....
    Can the lack of both physical and emotional affection in a heterosexual relationship cause one to seek the attention from someone who is bisexual or gay if they are feeling validated by the attention that they are receiving?

2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don’t think it causes them but it could cause someone to act on feelings that are already there and just dormant or ignored. Perhaps otherwise these feelings would never come to the surface. I would say they are there nevertheless

Himo and Danabutton like this.
  3. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Bigguy45, I appreciate your response....this whole situation has caused a huge cloud over my life for the past several years

4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It can be tough

Danabutton likes this.
  5. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Danabutton

It did for me.

My wife lost her sex drive...I mean completely....due to a medical issue. She was afraid to tell me.

That lack of intimacy turbo charged my same sex desires. Didn't cause me to be bi of course.

My wife is doing better now and we are more on track and I am not as interested in men... Still there just not the urgency.

Danabutton likes this.
  6. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah it sure can....lately everything seems as if it’s a fog or I may have lived one big lie for the majority of my life

7. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Nick I really appreciate your perspective on this; gives me some hope

8. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you elaborate?

What's going on right now?

9. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It’s poss
    it’s possible. I’ve known most of my life, my first sex partner was actually a male friend when I was a teenager. However, most of my life I’ve ignored or repressed it. Even now, I don’t act on it. I’m married and have made the decision to stay monogamous. I cheated once with a guy awhile back, when I first accepted I was bi, but I haven’t since. I’ve just accepted that it’s part of my life, but can’t be a prominent one. If I didn’t love my wife, I’m sure it would be different

Danabutton likes this.
  10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless you are already predisposed to having a same sex relationship, it's very unlikely that a lack of affection or intimacy from a heterosexual partner would cause you to go down that route. I'm not saying it would never, ever happen, but my understanding is that there usually has to be some existing desire for intimacy with another man. If such a desire exists, it's entirely possible that attention and validation could ignite latent feelings.

11. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah. Many days I feel completely straight, others more gay. I’m closer to straight than gay, but it’s always there to some degree. It does make gym locker rooms more entertaining

Danabutton likes this.
  12. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I
    am divorced but have been in a monogamous heterosexual relationship for the past six years....however there is no infancy whatsoever...during a two year stretch right after my divorce I started chatting online and noticed I was getting a lot of attention from some gay men which made me feel attteactive and validated my needs at that time....
    Unfortunately my first experience was with my best friend in fourth grade which I have long repressed/denied....
    Looking back on my history I noticed that I got a lot more attention from gay men (especially as a teenager) then I did from girls/women....
    Lately I’m not sure if it’s the lack of intimacy or as Patrick noted some latent feelings that have been triggered but I have had intense feelings that I’m not sure what to make out of

13. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Oa
    hi Patrick, I appreciate your responses...that’s what I’m struggling with...is there some latent predisposition within me or am I just starving for affection....any affection at all?

14. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Like I said. Probably a lack of intimacy is highlighting latent feelings. It’s interesting that you mention your first experience was same sex. It’s the same with me. I wonder how many of us are out there. Also, how many turned out to be straight? Oh well, it’s not like I can go around asking people

Danabutton likes this.
  15. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m happpy you said that...yeah I kind of wonder if first experience has some sort of imprinting on us...I don’t ask either, at least not in person..that’s why I really appreciate the support I have received on this site...I mean I have been torn up for years...sometimes I feel as though I lived a lie and there is a part of me that wonders what would have happened had I acted on some of the advances that were made on me when I was in high school...or if I would have acted on invitations online several years ago...I don’t know, I hope this doesn’t make me some sort of weird freak or something

17. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
  18. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah that’s an awkward question. How are you doing today? And by the way, did you ever give another guy a handjob when you were a kid. That could get you arrested

Danabutton likes this.
  19. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be awkward....from my experience though that didn’t happen...I would even know how I would react to that

20. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Danabutton

It's possible that you have repressed being gay. It's also possible that you are bisexual.

I never, really, had any m2m sexual experiences beyond jacking off together with a couple friends. I'm not sure that isn't just something amost all boys do. My wife, who is a shrink, tells me lots of guys will admit that.

I did have a boyfriend but we never did anything sexual. We were 13 when we started seeing each other..but, it was definitely puppy love. He's gay and out now.

I went many years. From early twenties to mid forties with my same sex attractions pretty well buried. I knew I was attracted to men, but the thought of intercourse or even head with a guy repulsed me.

At fifty, I was still pretty good looking and well built. My wife stopped paying attention to me and I noticed that guys, especially young ones, were attracted to me. This affirmation really turned on my same sex attractions. I started to obsess about gay sex.

Does your partner know you have these desires? I told my wife and she decided since I had never had sex with a man I should experiment.

Those experiences have made me less into men because the curiosity has been satisfied...mostly. I have one same sex fetish, I guess, that is still ridiculously compelling. Mountain biking guys, that look like me, just do it for me, big time, every time.

I guess the big question. Could you see yourself waking up with a guy?sharing your life? Would you be with a man if there was no sex?