1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barefooted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Dec 26, 2014.

1. nope the uk it isnt considered bad manners, at least i dont think so. but blergh, i cant stand being bare foot. it feels so weird and my feet are always cold anyway so i always have socks or slippers on, or usually both lol.

2. tscott

I go barefoot at home unless it's really cold then a thick pair of rag wool socks. I can never keep slippers on my feet. If I go to someone else's house, I am always shod. If my hosts want my shoes off, I have no problem with it.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Tends to depend entirely on the household.

Outside of my parent's or grandparent's house I'm usually barefooted (I hide my tattoos from them :lol:slight_smile:.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my house in Massachusetts in the US we take off shoes not so much as a tradition but as keeping the house clean.

Ever since I got my own place that rule has fallen to the wayside.

But being barefoot in stores and on the street is definitely a taboo here, and that's based on sanitation and safety.

5. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where I'm from it's not really considered rude. I prefer people to not wear their shoes inside my home just because it tracks dirt and anything else inside. I hate being barefoot but usually I just wear slippers or socks when I'm at home.

6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

It's not rude but I don't really like it when people do it. Whenever I go to someone's house I always bring slippers.