1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i falling in too deep again?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nero360, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand completely. So, the main thing for you right now is to get know him much better one way or the other... Sounds like you are on the right track, but don't expect him to hold off being touchy-feely with you until the 30th unless you make a point of it with hime..:slight_smile:

2. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ok so uh. I'm really confused now. I wanted to see if this thing would end before i post about. So for the past 2 weeks, I've been trying to avoid him as he gives me mixed signals and confused and this week, he actually started bullying me and I've never seen him like this before. Very surprising. I thought we we're friends. So today, once again he was bullying me, calling me names and stuff. then at the end of class(period 8) he apologized and said he was just joking around and didn't mean it. tried to grab my hand, but i was pissed atm and crossed my arms, said okay. That was the perfect moment for me to take advantage of the situation and make our friendship stronger. But i wasn't in the right mindset. So yeah. that happened. So confused on what to do now...

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nero360, why were you trying to avoid him if you were trying to get to know him better? I thought you agreed that the best way to understand his mixed signals was to get to know him better. Or am I confused now?

What was he doing that you considered bullying besides calling you names? What kind of names was he calling you?

4. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wanted to get to know him better when we are alone together where be real, and maybe even have a moment. I'd rather not relive that bullying again. Also any advice on how i should talk to him at school. And not the generic what do you think about gay club/marriage/people? (Also when we talk its usually when its just us two or whispers.

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still not very clear on your current situation with him, but it sounds like he took offense when you tried to distance yourself from him - hence the bullying (and which would tend to show that he really likes you. You said he apologized for it once. If you can get him aside or alone, why don't you just ask him straight out why he is doing it. And it sounds like your best option is to confront him about the touching thing too - asking him specifically why he does that. Otherwise, from what you've been saying, you are going to be too uncomfortable just being around him to even have a discussion about anything LGBTQ. If you can't move forward by actually talking to him about his behaviors that really bother you, have you considered that you might just have to tell him to leave you alone and forget about being his friend?

6. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The reason why i can't confront him is because i'm really anxious and nervous. And i've never had friends since 6th grade becuase i moved schools and nobody likes anything i like. I tried to like the things others do but it didnt turn out well. And 7-9th grade i experienced bullying even though i did nothing to deserve it. And because of this i developed GAD, Social Anxiety, and Depression. So i lack socializing experience 10th grade flew by and was boring, sad and lonely. Then 11th I talk to a counselor, build a little self esteem and make 2 friends. Then i find him. He has all the same intrests as me. Im like, "is this an apology from the gods over the years?" And this is why i want him as my friend. And if he is bi or gay or something. He can actually be the first friend i can be 100% comfotable and open around.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    O.K. Nero360. Thanks for that. It explains a lot to me about your situation.
    Now I think I understand why you were avoiding him. He clearly seems to like you a lot, however, so your actions are probably confusing him as much as his are confusing you. That may be why he lashed out and bullied you when you grew more distant. You said he called you names. What kind of names? And what other actions did he take that ‘bullied’ you? If you can describe those, it might help me to better understand the nature of how he is reacting to you.

I understand now how hard it is for you to confront to him about this stuff and I wasn’t suggesting that you confront him in an angry manner (if that’s what you thought I meant). I was suggesting that you just get him in a one-on-one situation (asking him to meet you somewhere private, if necessary) and literally tell him how his ‘bullying’ activities are making you feel. Since he already apologized once, it seems very unlikely to me that he was actually being mean to you, rather he was lashing out at you for avoiding him. At some point, you have to realize that a lack of open communication between the two of you is only going to result in more problems -especially when he does things that affect you so deeply; if he doesn’t know about your GAD or the previous bullying that you experienced, he’s probably just doing the normal teenage guy things in reaction to your (from his point of view) ‘odd’ actions (like avoiding him). You could end up missing an opportunity to make a friend. Just like you said previously when you had an opportunity to make your friendship stronger after he apologized for harassing you, but YOU were not in the ‘right mindset.’ Friendships/relationships are two-way, so you have to make an equal effort if you want to gain his friendship. For you the largest part of that effort may be to open up to him about your GAD and how you feel about things he does that make you uncomfortable, explaining why they make you uncomfortable and why you started avoiding him these last two weeks. Does that make sense to you?

As we talked about, doing things with him one-on-one outside of school can be very important. You said you were already planning on hanging out with him on Mischief Night. Is there something else you can do with him outside of school before then? Could you hang at a local mall or food court together? Could you go somewhere to get a burger or shake or something? Are there any movies you might both like and could go see together? That could give you a good opportunity to just talk to him without the pressures of the school environment.

Remember, if you can make him your friend, that is the most important thing right now. Whether he ends up liking you ‘that way’ or not is for further down the road. And even if he turns out to be straight, but is someone who is accepting of you if you decide to Come Out to him, then you could still be 100% comfortable around him; you just wouldn’t be able to have him as your bf.

I hope some of that helps.:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2016 at 06:07 AM ----------

As far as getting a feel for what he thinks of LGBTQ people, do you have an openly LGBTQ kids at your school? If so, have you seen him interact with any of them? What about mentioning one of them to him, like “do you know (insert LGBTQ kid’s name)? I heard that he/she is gay/bi/trans. What do you think of that?” Would something like that work for you?

#27 Quantumreality, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  8. Linkmaste

Well hope it goes well keep us in the loop. Don't do anything you're not comfortable with!

9. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When he was bullying me he called me names like, loner, faggot, and then was just talking bad about how i dressed. But today we talked a whole lot. We cracked alot of jokes and outright acted really silly lol. Today was a really good day, tommorrow im gonna take the plunge. Im going to ask him if he wants to hangout. This has really got my anxiety kickin. But its worth it. So yeah i'll update on how that goes. I'd really just like to wait til the 30th but, i mean. I got to try a bit harder. Also yeah we do have a lgbtq thing at my school. GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) but niether of us are in it so yeah

10. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    #1 i didn't ask him to hangout. But good news. We were fooling around and for like a few second we held hands under out desks. All our desks are pretty close so no worries. lol. also we had alot of staring and we even flirted. So i'm pretty sure he likes me. Let alone whatever his sexuality is.

12. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good new, Nero360.:thumbsup: But it still leaves you with unanswered questions/unresolved issues, doesn't it? First, don't you think you need to talk to him about the overall mixed signals that you perceive he's been sending you? Second, there is the issue of whether or not he wants to actually date you and potentially be your bf. Technically, I guess neither of you would formally have to Come Out to each other, if you just agreed to date - that would kind of presume that you tacitly Came Out to each other (as long as it is clear that it would be dating, not just 'hanging out').

Just my thoughts. What do you think?

13. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure there are no more mixed signals. They are definitly more clear.

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2016 at 01:24 PM ----------

It kinda sucks to wait a whole weekend to see him again. I hope i get to asking him about hanging out when i go back to school.

14. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, Nero360. Holding hands like that is a pretty clear signal. I hope things continue to move forward for you in a positive direction!

LOL! One step at a time, Nero360. One step at a time.

Good luck!:slight_smile:

15. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thanks for the support.

16. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    aw crap forgot to update. So we didn't go out for mischief night or Halloween, because he ended up getting the flu. He just came back to school today and looks a lot better. I felt bad he missed out on Halloween so I brought candy to school to share.

17. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry hear that you guys missed out on that together-time that you were looking forward to. That was really nice of you, though, to think of him and share your candy.

So, do you have any plans to hang out some more in the near future or do you have yet to make plans?

18. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No not really. BUT! I thought of a really good idea. It involves me pulling out my social media(most likely fb or snapchat) on my phone in class when i'm sitting next to him. (most people ask(s) me to add them when they find out I have them.) That way I can talk to him outside of school.

19. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds like a good plan, Nero. I hope it works out for you!:slight_smile:

20. jamescool

Good luck Nero360, I have the kinda same situation as well! Mine exists for about a year until now, and I'm still getting mixed signals. When you thought you're on the right track, the other day you might find out that you're not; when you thought you're on the wrong track, you might be not correct as well. Just do not give up, and appreciate every moment you're spending with him right now :grin: The world is very weird, and we're making ourselves worry.